Thank you, the game is very enjoyable.

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Larawyn Skjaldmaer, Dec 20, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Larawyn Skjaldmaer

Larawyn Skjaldmaer Avatar

I've been playing now for a few weeks. We signed up *waves a hand* ages ago ... But I don't have a lot of patience for things in progress, so I knowing myself just stayed away. My husband, who's a programmer himself and done his share of game development has kept an eye on things. But he never pushed me to come back and look, just kept waiting and playing.

Finally looking over his shoulder one day, I was like, what game is that? That looks fun. He laughs and says "Its soda", and I'm like "what soda", and then it hit me. soTA ... that game we signed up for and got a town to role-play in. So I asked, with a frowny face, did they fix the avatar creation and are their dresses? Why yes was the response!

I logged in, got my toon looking like a girl, yelled at the tutorial for being broken, but have since been having a really NICE time. I mean it.

The game is so obviously not done I don't see how a final release is this year, but I don't really need to worry about that, its not my job.

What I cared about was if my friend and my community would like the game as it is now, with enough patience to wait for it to be finished, and for us the answer was yes. Our group has gone from 3 to 12 in the last week ... and everyone is reporting the same thing. This is nice.

We like the crafting
    We like the combat
    We like our town
    We like the deco
    We like the people

So here you go ... *big thumbs up* Keep at it ... We have plenty of things /play with/ while we wait and let you all keep /working/.

Have a Happy Holiday and a Wonderful New Year.

2. NirAntae

NirAntae Avatar

Here, here and well said! (from the third of that initial 3 haha)

Clearly unfinished, but plenty of toys to play with until it is.

3. Lyndoman

Lyndoman Avatar

Amen to that.

I have been wondering around the world a lot lately, and there is a huge amount that players are creating that most people don't know about. This signals that as the game gets more stable, faster the best content will come from the players.

The future is bright.
    It's good now, and only going to get better.

4. Baratan

Baratan Avatar

I'm having fun too. Thanks for sharing.

5. MasterWan

MasterWan Avatar

I also pledged a long time ago. Started with r36. Game is pretty great so far. I'm hoping for big things in the next few months.

6. Bowen Bloodgood

Bowen Bloodgood Avatar

Wait until you see what's coming up. ;)

7. Chris

Chris Tech Lord Moderator Ambassador SOTA Developer

Thanks for the kind words but we still have much to do! Glad you are enjoying it and I expect you'll enjoy it much more once we are happy enough with the game to consider it an official release!

Also, as people have suggested, LOTS of new stuff coming up and new additions each month!

8. Earl Atogrim von Draken

Earl Atogrim von Draken Avatar

Woop woop!
    Support your (not so) local devs!

9. Roycestein Kaelstrom

Roycestein Kaelstrom Avatar

It was actually @Lara of Grimmwold that got me into SotA. I used to play on her UO RP shard (Grimmwold obviously) and that was where I came with the character name.

I stopped playing her shard around 2011-ish after I got a job. Fast forward to 2014ish, I was trying to log back in, but her shard was gone. After doing some Google search, I struggled upon a forum thread made by her talking about raising funds for a POT.

At the time I had no idea what was this about. All I know were 1) this is Richard Garriot's new game and 2) Grimmwold folks were migrating there.

That's how my first $45 was spent here :)

10. Timmy Vortex

Timmy Vortex Avatar

Good to hear you're enjoying yourself. It's been a fun ride for me as well so far :D

11. Myrcello

Myrcello Avatar

Cool. Really awesome that you are emjoying the game.

12. Belladonna Rose

Belladonna Rose Bug Hunter

I am enjoying it as well. There are days i get frustrated but its not making me quit. That which makes me angry just makes me go do something else in game. LOL. There are so many things to do and places to go see. Even if you cant fight the big baddies out there ...there is enough to keep one busy. Thats how i feel. I have met some really nice folks here and hope to meet more. I like to go out exploring and have been just about everywhere...either alive or dead. LOL. Its just fun. Keep up the good work and cant wait to see what else happens. As for changes in the game....its like I always say. LEARN TO ADAPT. If you give up too soon you will miss out on alot.

13. DarkStarr

DarkStarr Executive Producer SOTA Developer

Posts like these really mean so much to the team. It is why we do what we do. Thank you.

14. brhanson2

brhanson2 Avatar

Finally some positivity! I love it!

15. Rufus D`Asperdi

Rufus D`Asperdi Avatar

Pretty local to me. :)

9.3 Miles and 16 minutes with current traffic according to Google Maps.

16. Earl Atogrim von Draken

Earl Atogrim von Draken Avatar

I guess it's roughly 7000km from here and something like 11 hours by plane :D

17. Hunter Rose

Hunter Rose Avatar

Agree - every time I log in I have a myriad of things to do that I completely enjoy losing myself in the world in the attempt. That's what I want - to lose myself. It is a list that never seems to get done as I am constantly adding more items with each update. I see myself playing and supporting this for a very long time and am really excited to watch this world and it's community evolve. The Dev's do not get anough thanks in thier attempt to make all of us happy - all the time - an impossible feat imho. Happy Holidays to this community and all of elves working hard behind (and in front of) the scenes. The work is appreciated.

18. Duke William of Serenite

Duke William of Serenite Avatar

Yes this game makes me dizzy sometimes. Its hard to get things done with a bucket list that doesn't end.

Lord Ravnos and Hunter Rose like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.