Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

[ByDesign] I can no longer summon my Chest Mimic...

Discussion in 'Release 35 Bug Forum' started by twofoldsilence, Oct 27, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. twofoldsilence

twofoldsilence Avatar

I'm not sure if this is a bug or not, but it has been happening since release 34. My Chest Mimic died while adventuring in the East Perennial Trail map, and no matter if I'm there or anywhere else in the world when I use my Founder Royal Artisan Taming Creature Call I keep receiving the message "Your call was unanswered". The properties of the Founder Royal Artisan Taming Creature Call says "Resurrectable" in red. Does this mean I have to resurrect him. Also, I can't find his body where he died. It's as if he is gone forever, so how can I resurrect him. By the way, this may not be a bug. It may just be that I don't know what I'm doing, but I asked the Hospitallers and what they told me isn't working. They said he should be resummonable after a certain timeframe or at least resurrectable, but if I can't find his body. How do I do either?

2. Gamician

Gamician Avatar

@twofoldsilence, Thank you for reporting. This issue has been submitted for Team review. Issues with the Chest Mimic have been reported in R34, It has been resubmitted for review. Keep up the good work, report those bugs.

3. Attenwood

Attenwood Portalarian Emeritus Dev Emeritus

Your mimic is resurrectable. You will need to acquire the Creature Resurrect ability in the taming tree to be able to do so. A body isn't necessary for resurrect anymore. It's tied to the taming call you have equipped. The mimic isn't gone forever, but it will require you to acquire that skill and cast it on your creature call before it will be able to resurrect again.

This is currently behaving as designed.

Elwyn likes this.
  4. NirAntae

NirAntae Avatar

Would be great if it gave some indication that was the problem; ie, 'Your pet must be resurrected to answer your call." I have spent two days obsessively trying to summon it thinking it had to do with skill or something.

5. Nastor

Nastor Avatar

Bah, frell - another frustrating change... and I did always wonder why is the taming tree like that. I mean why do I need taming for healing and resurecting, when I only want or really would need summoning for my founders Mimic chest. At least in the previous releases it wasnt a 60 skill level and x taming collars hurdle...

And there is still not a note, why the call was unanswered...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.