Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

... what is it, some people don't understand ...

Discussion in 'Release 37 Feedback Forum' started by Paladin Michael, Dec 22, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Paladin Michael

Paladin Michael Bug Hunter

... when pushing the button:
    "I understand(!) this game is unfinished and I'm entering a Construction Zone".

This means, as I understand it:
    • We are offered early game access.
    • The game isn't finished - yet
    • The game is under construction

Well, how fine would it be in the past, watching over Richard Garriots shoulder to have a peek, while he was coding Ultima III, IV ... !!!
    (And telling him: Hey, Richard, don't make it SO hard ;) Or just laughing about a simple error ...)

NOW we have this possibility. And more:
    We may be a part of this creative process. And developers like to receive our feedback :)

But if we don't like it - we don't have to enter the (part of) construction zone ;)

This has nothing to do with "incompetence". May be we should be competent enough to stay outside, if we don't like it? The same thing about pvp. If I don't like this kind of playing - I don't play it :)

We should be competent to decide in a good manner and sometimes ask about, how helpful our post could be for the community? Programming is a process - may be like conversation and understanding ;) Dr. Marshall B. Rosenberg told us a lot about nonviolent communication ...

A good time while be a loyal game tester :)

Baratan, amarious, Corv and 1 other person like this.
  2. Liz

Liz Avatar

Yeah, some are a bit dramatic. I feel for the devs.

Lord Ravnos likes this.
  3. Merlota

Merlota Avatar

Because they enabled persistence which means the game is released. It may not be done. It may not be advertized to the masses but it is released. Everything you do will affect your character and account forever on. Don't play now and you will be behind the curve, potentially forever. Construction zone or no if you plan on playing later you should probably be playing now.
    That is why people are grumpy and a bit dramatic.

They burned alot of people with this method of taking the world live early. People that now have a bad opinion of the game and might just give it a second chance at the "we're done" release. Or they might not. Either way those people do have forum access.

4. Merlota

Merlota Avatar

Had not considered that aspect but that is how the system is setup. The game needs bug reports and accurate feedback on what works and what doesn't while there is strong disincentive to reporting major bugs or what works well. That could be why such a heavy hand is used with changes, lack of accurate information on their side or ours.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.