Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

Spectral Mines - ouch!

Discussion in 'Release 37 Feedback Forum' started by Steevodeevo, Dec 22, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Steevodeevo

Steevodeevo Avatar

:eek: I dipped into Spectral Mines for a few ores post r37++ and got mobbed by a group of 5 or so hardened wizards, archers and swordsmen. Needless to say I was dead several times rather rapidly before I realised i wasn't just ring rusty after a week or so of respite...

Have they upped difficulty in Spectral or in all mines or am I out of practice? I don't remember getting smacked by large groups of hardened mobs on the first level of Spectral mine before. I went outside and tested myself against Obsidian Wolves, and my toon's defence and offence stats seemed in tact and ok.

Maybe something to do with making gathering of large volumes of ores tougher or requiring a group/guild? Or maybe just an experiment on difficulty to gather stats...

2. Knightguy

Knightguy Avatar

Spectral has been whacked, try Serpent Spine mines for iron.

Koldar likes this.
  3. Steevodeevo

Steevodeevo Avatar

thanks Knightguy.

4. Technowitch

Technowitch Avatar

Serpent's Spine, Verdantis, and Elysium are pretty much where I get about 95% of my ore. Everything else is too slow, too sparse, or too deadly for ore farming.

Steevodeevo likes this.
  5. LikeAfox2

LikeAfox2 Avatar

I agree, I am Alvl 86 and cant farm spectral mines that easily. The amount of skeletons that pop up when you are mining is so annoying. Also, ever since they added massive resistance to skeletons, I dont have great AOE skills to deal with them that easily. People said it's considered a noob mine, but I feel it is way too tuff. Id rather mine Silver, and trade for Iron/Tin/nickle/Tungsen. Much faster results for a more expensive product to trade at a better ratio. Imo.

Elwyn likes this.
  6. LiquidSky

LiquidSky Avatar

It used to be considered a noob mine when the skellies were lower level, and they didn't respawn if you didn't loot them.

7. Lazlo

Lazlo Avatar

Spectral is still a very good mine if you can survive it. They recently added a couple of extra skeletons to the area near the first room, so you can get 5 at once if you're not careful. I just use a simple swords/earth/bodySlam heavy deck there.

discipleofweb likes this.
  8. Abercrombie_McCloud

Abercrombie_McCloud Avatar

For the crappy gold you get vs death >>spectral not worth it. To bad ....used to have fun challenging myself in there. I find that I am dying to much lately and loose to much exp unless I am in a party. Shouldn't be forced to party all the time.

SoulSmith and Chatele like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.