New SotA MiniMap Release! <3

Discussion in 'Player Created Resources' started by Natasha Ultara, Nov 27, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Natasha Ultara

Natasha Ultara Avatar

More and more maps and features!

Video Review by Val -= the bug she was experiencing is SQUISHED! hehee

video showing usage of the new system tray launcher! (v 0.4.1.3)

If you would like to sign up your whole GUILD, please contact me we can work something out!

2. Muldieb

Muldieb Avatar

just pledged, downloaded and it there is an annoying bug. If i am doing something with my mouse on the map itself, there is no issue. But, when i go back to the game, I get an annoying blinking orange icon in the taskbar, which instantly makes the map the 'active window' again, stopping all action in SotA. I have provided screen shots:

https://gyazo.com/47484bfc6b9587ce14f94acaceda1049 -- While the map is active.

https://gyazo.com/3ea1bac0cbf529e33169f6c49842cda0 -- The second I go back to the game. Notice the Orange Java icon down below.

I have tried disabling every known notification setting, and I was told that you cant prevent an actively running program from having an icon show on the taskbar. Hiding the taskbar doesnt help either, it still pops back up.

Last edited: Dec 21, 2016
    Roycestein Kaelstrom likes this.
  3. Natasha Ultara

Natasha Ultara Avatar

Thank you for the report Muldieb, and thank you for your patronage I hope you find the MiniMap useful. Unfortunately all I can suggest is maybe to try moving your taskbar to another monitor. While trying to create a seamless user experience for SotA MiniMap I have ran into some very serious limitations in Java due to Java's platform independent nature. These limitations have caused me to..kind of "explode" my java project while I tried to chase down 5 different ways of dealing with 5 different issues all of which led to dead ends. The current state of things is way that they will stay until I have re created it in F#.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.