Steam Reviews and on sale for only $19.99

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Greyfox, Dec 22, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Greyfox

Greyfox Avatar

Finally turning a corner, lets keep the train rolling.

Very Positive(23 reviews)

Sample Review, "This game is in baby form, but I'm still having a lot of fun. I like it more than I did ESO when it came out as full release.

This MMO is not for the faint of heart, it's old school hardcore and gets ♥♥♥♥♥♥ FPS if you run it in 4k. But, the quirks of player named towns and merchants, and intense PVP make this one worth it. I'm really hopeful that it will grow a big player base and launch with a head of steam."

Many of the reviews are very informative. Sort by most recent.

Great job Portalarium. Easy with the nerfs and lots more polish!

*** NOTE the game is currently on sale for 50% off and a steal at $19.99! ***

http://store.steampowered.com/app/326160/

Last edited: Dec 22, 2016
  2. Rada Torment

Rada Torment Community Ambassador (ES)

Slowly but surely we are getting there :)

Today I managed to get a new friend to the game thanks to the steam prices!

3. Burzmali

Burzmali Avatar

Asking for good reviews is a very good way to invite bad things to happen, tread carefully.

4. Greyfox

Greyfox Avatar

I never asked or insinuated anyone to make a good review unless truthful. My statement refers to the development of the game and people finally respecting and appreciating the result.

5. Rada Torment

Rada Torment Community Ambassador (ES)

And I would recommend you to read carefully the message before nothing. All I see there is a clear and transparent message with a sample about one of those reviews.

6. Burzmali

Burzmali Avatar

Be it as it may, that line I quoted looks a bit like a call to action if you squint. Steam users tend to have a rather extreme reaction to calls for action. I'm not accusing anyone of anything, just a friendly warning before this thread wanders into more precarious territory. As we saw recently, folks in these parts have no hesitation to stuffing a ballot box on another site if the opportunity allows, but Steam isn't likely to react the same to that kind of behavior.

Roycestein Kaelstrom likes this.
  7. Roycestein Kaelstrom

Roycestein Kaelstrom Avatar

Players gonna be playin', haters gonna be hatin', sh**poster gonna sh**postin'.. there isn't much we can do to curb people opinions when it comes to game review. Just focus on our honest assessment in the constructive ways is already helpful to the team.

8. Tahru

Tahru Avatar

Just like playing the game. 1 Skin at a time....

9. Tahru

Tahru Avatar

Seriously, I browse my steam queue once or five times a week. Not many games at all stand up to SOTA when it comes down to it. Seems like almost all MMO's are lonely places and single player games may be good, but most lack that community self-satisfaction level that comes from social gaming (making an exception for the few games with amazing story lines). Most of the times, I compare every game to SOTA.

But I did pick up 3 more games today because the sales were great.

Mac R, iansmellios, Greyfox and 5 others like this.
  10. Bow Vale

Bow Vale Avatar

I have held off doing any review of the game as i always wanted my review to be honest and trustworthy, even though i really enjoy the game i wanted it to be in a more finished state before i make a judgement on. I think the game is now at a stage i can give an honest review and i believe the majority of others are doing the same. I believe the lop sided negative reviews on there by the very vocal but small minority will be swamped when the time comes and matters by people giving also their held back but honest assessments of the game.

11. Earl Atogrim von Draken

Earl Atogrim von Draken Avatar

I think...the topic is the sale!
    GRAB ALL THE %!!!!!!111111

12. Kabalyero Kidd

Kabalyero Kidd Avatar

I also think he was not asking for positive reviews... to me, he was simply noting the recent positive reviews the game are getting in steam and cited an example... by the way, I freaking hate steam sales... I have like too many games and no time to play them all... LOL

13. dp_dropout

dp_dropout Avatar

If I could be arsed to write a review at this very moment it would would be pretty bad.
    As long as the game is unreleased I will not publicly denigrate it outside of this forum, but to me it's really going downhill at an alarming speed.

14. Numa

Numa Avatar

Same here. It's time we set the record straight on Steam.

15. Roycestein Kaelstrom

Roycestein Kaelstrom Avatar

Man... this going downhill thing.. people have been saying that since release 1, but who's here enjoys a roller coaster ride when it slowly goes up?

16. Soylent Green

Soylent Green Avatar

I've never heard that phrase before but is a well put analogy. Riding up the first giant hill that gets the roller coaster part started is where a lot of the anticipation and butterflies start. It is fun in its own way. Seems like a lot of the people who are complaining are doing it before we get to the top of the fist hill and comparing the ride up the hill to an entire roller coaster they rode years ago.

17. Arkah EMPstrike

Arkah EMPstrike Avatar

I sat out since october and jumped back in when this release started. Its improved dramatically in several ways since october and i was very satisfied with the progress

18. dp_dropout

dp_dropout Avatar

I'm still here.
    I don't post generalizations, I only post what I feel.
    For me, my play-style and the amount of gaming time I have per week, this game is getting worse and worse with each design decision.
    Yes, it has come a long way. Yes, it looks more beautiful now than at the very start. Yes, I appreciate the hard work every programmer, level designer and graphics artist is putting in.
    No, I really don't like the changes that have been made lately on the core mechanics of the game. Sadly for all the good people working on SotA, if at release the core game is not to my liking, I will leave and give it a negative review.

19. Lord_Darkmoon

Lord_Darkmoon Avatar

This is a problem with Early Access. People get used to certain systems as they are in the beginning. But an Early Access game is not finished. It can change significantly until release. And this is intended. People should always be aware of that. I know that this is not easy and even I sometimes forget it.
    Even if there are changes on core mechanics you have to tell yourself that the version that was there before was an unfinished version. The game is evolving. Some things we like, some things we don't.

Last edited: Dec 23, 2016
  20. Duke William of Serenite

Duke William of Serenite Avatar

Great time to try and get folks into the game.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.