Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

[Known] Agriculture: Planting pots grow much slower than beds, under identical conditions

Discussion in 'Release 37 Bug Forum' started by Technowitch, Dec 21, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Technowitch

Technowitch Avatar

Title: Agriculture: Planting post grow much sloer than beds, under identical conditions. Appears to be about 1/2 speed.
    Reproducable: Yes, 100%
    Set-up: Plant the same plant at the same time, watering on a set schedule. All of the pots grow at about 1/2 the speed of planting beds.
    Location: Ornate greenhouse rowhouse, top floor, located in Ardoris
    Blocker: No, but it keeps greenhouses from doing what they're supposed to do.
    Steps to reproduce: Plant same exact seed in planting bed and in grow-pots, and water at the same time. The resulting plant grows much more slowly, about 1/2 speed compared to the planting beds. (If this is intentional, pots should be labeled as providing 1/2 the speed and efficiency of planting beds, and show "Growth 1.0" inside greenhouses, 0.5 in normal outdoors, and 0.05 in buildings or underground. If not, pots aren't working properly.)

I noticed when I grew a crop of cotton that the pots seemed to fruit slowly. To test it, I planted a new crop of mandrake -- all at the same time, actually doing the pots first. After initial germination, this is what I logged in to see:
    [​IMG]

As you can tell, the growing mandrake are ready to be watered...but not the ones in the pots. They are still in seedling state Again, all of these pots were planted just a couple real-world minutes before I finished planting all of the other beds -- which clearly grew much faster.

User specs: Not really relevant here, as this is an in-game issue only.

Last edited: Dec 21, 2016
  2. Attenwood

Attenwood Portalarian Emeritus Dev Emeritus

Having some difficulty observing this issue internally. Testing a pot against a bed for the same type of plant, both grew at the same speed and completed together.

3. Attenwood

Attenwood Portalarian Emeritus Dev Emeritus

Submitted a ticket so this issue can be reviewed further. 38877

4. Technowitch

Technowitch Avatar

Maybe it has something to do with the Ornate Greenhouse RH? Remember, it previously didn't have 2.0 growth rate on the roof.

5. Jezebel Caerndow

Jezebel Caerndow Avatar

I have this same issue with the crafted 4 story greenhouse.

6. Technowitch

Technowitch Avatar

I have a feeling that although the deco reports both the beds and the pots at 2.0 growth rate when placing or moving them, in reality the pots server-side are treated as if they are 1.0 growth rate objects.

Mac2 likes this.
  7. Jezebel Caerndow

Jezebel Caerndow Avatar

I think so too.

Technowitch likes this.
  8. Glimo

Glimo Avatar

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.