Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

Seeds Cost too Much to Buy

Discussion in 'Release 37 Feedback Forum' started by Poor game design, Dec 22, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Drocis the Devious

Drocis the Devious Avatar

EDIT: I was wrong on this, I was half asleep and my mind wasn't doing math correctly. :)

I visited 4 different towns and the cost for seeds for basic reagents was all the same...

8 for Garlic
    16 for Mandrake
    16 for Nightshade

The most I've ever gotten out of any of these crops is 17 produce per seed. So that means that if I farm really well I'll get 1 seed profit and if I farm average (which is very easy to do) then I'll lose money.

Conversely it only costs 4 gold per Nightshade and Mandrake at an alchemist.

This must be a bug but I'll leave it in feedback.

Last edited: Dec 26, 2016
  2. Barugon

Barugon Avatar

Well, that's 68 gold for those 17 reagents vs 8 or 16 for the seed.

3. Drocis the Devious

Drocis the Devious Avatar

Yeah, that's true. I had someone in discord tell me the same thing and it simply didn't register. I need some sleep! :)

Thanks for setting me straight.

DancingShade likes this.
  4. Barugon

Barugon Avatar

I think the price of seeds should be reduced though.

Chatele and By Tor like this.
  5. By Tor

By Tor Avatar

+1 for price reduction on seeds. I know seeds are another gold sink but still - please stop the seed price gouging.

Chatele likes this.
  6. Elnoth

Elnoth Avatar

I think seed price is fine. Hopefully when agriculture gets it overhaul there will be a seed recovery skill or such to reduce the recurring cost for people that level agriculture.

7. Lars vonDrachental

Lars vonDrachental Avatar

Well honestly you still would have to add the costs for water (I think price is 4 x 4 Gold) but yeah normally you still have some kind of profit...24 gold or 32 gold production costs vs 68 gold for selling in your example.
    I think only if you do not took care of your plants (max. watering) you lose money...anyway, currently I'm fine with the prices for seeds too.

(Even if you can harvest water “for free” you still have to count the costs as it takes time to do so, time that you could also have used to earn gold by e.g. killing some monsters. ;))

DancingShade likes this.
  8. DancingShade

DancingShade Avatar

Agreed. I would however like some additional seed vendors scattered around the world!

9. kaeshiva

kaeshiva Avatar

Agreed, by the time you buy the seeds and either buy or spend a LOT of time to get the water required, assuming you use a total of 4 for max yield, even then, the time investment isn't worth it.
    Agriculture should be sustainable, recovering seeds from crops and not requiring the sink again.
    Crops (and indeed food) sell for so little that this would have a minimal effect and there is still the limitation of land availability and the extreme time sink.

DancingShade likes this.
  10. DancingShade

DancingShade Avatar

Speaking of limited land availability, I think in Q1 2017 public gardens aren't yet on the roadmap (probably needs the codebase they'll be working on for things like renting rooms and so on first) but I hope that feature makes it in soon. I mean yes I personally have land and it won't affect me too much directly but I'd like more people (especially our landless friends) to have the opportunity to engage in agriculture, cooking and all that sort of fun.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.