Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

"Elysian Illumination" animation effect blocks my view

Discussion in 'Release 37 Feedback Forum' started by RobotBeginner, Dec 23, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RobotBeginner

RobotBeginner Avatar

"Elysian Illumination" animation effect blocks my view. The solid yellow color of the illumination is blocking most of the area around me. It blocks my view and makes me blind when I am fight monsters. Can the yellow illumination be more transparet?

2. Paladin Michael

Paladin Michael Bug Hunter

The spell colour was reduces (in a good way!) - but I think, it could be reduced a little bit more ...
    (The effect is depending on the view and day/night time)

3. Preachyr

Preachyr Avatar

This spell effect needs a big change. Casting it effectively blinds you to anything in front of your character and whats worse it blinds your group or anyone around you.

The actual effects of the spell with the heal and reveal are a good spell to have but it is completely worthless with the animation in place right now.

Groups will literally kick you for casting it on them because its much more of a liability to not be able to see anything than any benefit you get from it.

4. Nikko

Nikko Avatar

Exactly this! They stated that they reduced the horrible effect a bit recently. It is still REALLY bad. Not usable at all in its current form... in fact, I'd go as far as to say that since this spell is in the LIGHT tree, if anything, it should actually create illumination. It should actually make it EASIER to see things for a while. This spell's visual effect is very disappointing, especially since it KEEPS on coming up that it is bad over and over. It needs to be truly fixed for good, or just remove the spell and put something else in it's place.

Preachyr likes this.
  5. Borg

Borg Avatar

I agree, "Elysiam Illumination" particles effect is so annoying, I just stopped using it,Its supposed to give a source of illumination but as it works now it blinds you, maybe increasing light attunement would make your character less affected by the blinding effect?? btw the particles effect adds some noticeable lag to my connection.

6. Technowitch

Technowitch Avatar

Both the Soothing Rain (SR) and Elysian Illumination (EI) need a completely different effect, the latter especially. I finally picked up EI a couple days ago, tried it on my combat bar, and immediately removed it, as it is beyond useless in terms of crippling me. Worse even than SR.

Yeah, okay, maybe I don't really need to see the mobs I'm currently fighting...but I do need to see whether or not some new ones have just spawned and are coming at me. Or, when the fight is over, I can't even see the bodies to loot until the spell ends. Soothing Rain is a little better than it used to be, but not by much. Honestly, I think both spells should ditch the particle effects entirely. Make SR just look like normal rain, albeit highly localized. Similar for EI, only it'd be more like just a natural light source, maybe with a light-circle pattern on the ground to show its effective radius. The Life spell, Healing Grace wouldn't be bad, if not for its meager short-lasting effects and 2x component burn chance. Same with Moon's Cocoon of Night.

Nikko and Preachyr like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.