Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

Masterwork Nerf?

Discussion in 'Release 37 Feedback Forum' started by Randbo, Dec 27, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Randbo

Randbo Avatar

hmm,
    i gained 4mil crafting xp and started in on masterworking.
    i was expecting 16k xp delivered per craft and was getting 100xp per craft.
    is this what you are doing with masterworking?
    blacksmith base masterworking at level 30.
    since it takes 250k xp to get to 80, at this rate it will take 50000 silver ore.
    on other crafting skills, i have found that you can deliver 400 xp per craft per 100k xp pool.
    that has run consistent past 1mil crafting pool. i get almost 4k per craft there.
    this is a private forum, so i am asking: how much xp per craft do you get with masterworking, and does the size of the crafting pool matter in masterworking?
    this is one hell of a nerf. very disappointing to later players.

2. LikeAfox2

LikeAfox2 Avatar

Good question, I would like to know the same.

I know that it takes about 1.2 m exp to gm all crafting skills and assumed that I would need 2k silver ingots to gm it with a pool of 2.4 mil (so you always get the max amount allocated to the skill). I haven't checked to see how much exp you generate per mastercraft. I think it could increase with the lvl of benefits added. So in BS, if you crit the craft, you get bonus exp. It could be the same here, but I haven't tested it out.

3. LiquidSky

LiquidSky Avatar

Masterworking takes twice the exp...so you need 2.4M to GM it

4. Randbo

Randbo Avatar

I don't see that. What I do see is far less Xperia delivered per craft. That was with a 4 mil pool.

5. Barugon

Barugon Avatar

Perhaps they implemented a cap to experience point allocation in order to keep people from gaming the system?

6. Lazlo

Lazlo Avatar

Yes, there have been caps for a long time.

7. MrBlight

MrBlight Avatar

So its intentionally set to deliver less exp per craft when masterworking ? Meaning the ore demand is really, really high, and after a certain point, pooling over 1 mil crafting exp, doesnt add anymore per use like other skills?

So this would automaticlly mean the ore demand is the limiting factor, not the exp? in the OP's listed scenario?

And if so.. im assuming this was done to make late game specializing more ... impressive?

8. Lazlo

Lazlo Avatar

afaik every skill has caps. That's why you don't just instantly go through dozens of levels when learning new skills with a large xp pool. At high levels it takes really big xp pools for the normal xp distribution to be over cap though.

Last edited: Dec 29, 2016
  9. Kliirkast

Kliirkast Localization Team

A bit off topic, I know, but I don't want to die without knowing...
    For Sequana's sake, how do you manage to pile up 4 mils crafting XP ?

Happy New Year to all,
    J from B.

10. TarrNokk

TarrNokk Avatar

Digging Gold and Silver. At 4 Mio pooled XP, he must have enough Silver to GM mastercraft.

11. Randbo

Randbo Avatar

no i didnt. i had 12000 silver ore, which was 3000 silver ingots and i split them between the 3 masterworks. 200 crafts per masterwork.
    i locked the specialties at 20 and got the masterworks to 74 78 78
    it did take 3 weeks of mining to get that 4mil crafting pool.
    i spent 2mil of it gm'ing alchemy and enchant. THOSE worked normally.
    once i got going, the masterworking was doing 4 crafts per point. in the 70's it dropped to 5 crafts per point and the xp used went up each time.
    blight is right, the limiting factor is silver ore. i mined 2k of it and purchased 10k.
    i did get a ton of gold ore grinding the xp.
    to gm the masterworks, i will need 3mil xp in another 4mil crafting pool. im hoping that 200 crafts per skill will do it.
    it will need 1mil xp per skill now tho.

12. Traveller13

Traveller13 Bug Hunter

Four million is nothing. I'm at 8.6 million and climbing. I hunt and skin at the same time-- 500XP each skins, ore nodes, trees, cotton, etc. I've capped all used skills at level 80, except alchemy, which is at 68. Give me some time, though. It will be at 80, as well. I haven't touched the masterwork skills, though. I'm at 9.5 million adventure XP's and counting as well. As with producer, used skills are capped at level 80. I have some below that level. I'm deciding which of those to level up, until then all are turned off or set to maintain.

13. Randbo

Randbo Avatar

enchant will go up with that pool fast. masterwork WONT.

14. TarrNokk

TarrNokk Avatar

Sounds like pretty boring grind.

Chatele and Snikorts like this.
  15. Adam Crow

Adam Crow Avatar

Can you please point me in the direction of the exciting grind. ;)

mass, Chatele and TarrNokk like this.
  16. LiquidSky

LiquidSky Avatar

I find brothels to be very exciting grinds

Adam Crow likes this.
  17. Arkah EMPstrike

Arkah EMPstrike Avatar

Very soon it will be very beneficial to continually increase your masterworking to 100 and maybe beyond.

The harder it is to do, the better to justify some good perks

18. mass

mass Avatar

I assume you're talking about the comments on the roadmap regarding the influence of masterworking level on item stat improvements. Does any one know what our current masterworking stats are in comparison to what's coming? Like is what we have now the bottom, which will only be improved on as we gain more levels? Or, is what we have now the top, which means we'll have to gain levels just to get back to the masterworking we we've been doing? I suspect it is the latter, which means it will be beneficial for lower level masterworkers to make things now for the greatest benefit. But does anyone have any info?

19. Arkah EMPstrike

Arkah EMPstrike Avatar

It may be both better AND worse, as i think skill level may effect durability cost and/or strength of bonus.

But the bottom line is it doesnt matter, if you wanna make stuff youll train the skill. If you dont, youll buy the item.

And i fully expect there to be "used to being spoiled" situations where people threaten to quit

20. mass

mass Avatar

Sure, but at least for me, I don't power level stuff all at once; I do it over time. So, for Carpentry and Blacksmithing, I have high 40's primary masterworking and low teens for the specializations. I make my own weapons and armor to use while I level and gain xp and silver to then go back and level the skills. The better stuff I can make, the more efficient that process is. My current plan is to make some key equipment before next release anticipating a nerf to my current masterworking ability based on my current levels.
    This is consistent with their pattern of balancing things easier to harder. Most of us are used to it, but there are some who feel like they are already struggling and find it hard to take one more disadvantage. I don't mind for the game to be harder and make progression more meaningful, but it seems like they could have avoided a lot negative feedback by starting out closer to where they wanted the difficulty setting, or even going to other direction: hardest to slightly easier. Imagine how happy many crafters would be if masterworking had been of limited use, and then all of the sudden their effort in gaining levels made it meaningful.

FrostII likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.