Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

[Known]Sync Issues

Discussion in 'Release 37 Bug Forum' started by benhat, Dec 20, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MrBlight

MrBlight Avatar

@Chris
    First fix didnt seem to fix, has been broken still.

ETA on a fix?

manufacturedsoul likes this.
  2. manufacturedsoul

manufacturedsoul Avatar

This. ^^^ Still totally borked to the point of basically unplayable unless your just mining and fighting a few npcs here and there. Whatever you guys did at the start of 37 you need to go back to what you had going at the end of 36 in terms of combat. How does something like this slip though Q&A before it goes live I don't get it...

Rook Strife likes this.
  3. MrBlight

MrBlight Avatar

how i feel exactly.

That being said, now that they all back at it, i wouldnt be surprised if a fix is out today/tommorow. Or at least an answer shows up today.

4. The Banker

The Banker Avatar

Agreed

Also it's taking way too long to get a fix in for this, should be higher priority.

Chatele and manufacturedsoul like this.
  5. Evadrepus

Evadrepus Avatar

Someone should have been watching the game after patch. Standard hypercare model when you deploy a new system (every patch is a new system). This one was a dud. Have someone available to go "Hey folks. Portalarium is on a small break for the holidays but this is your buddy UnluckyNetworkAdmin who is watching the shop. Because we've seen this patch basically took our combat system around the back of the barn, I've rolled back the patch. Of course, this means some things we fixed are not now fixed, however in the interest of all our new Christmas Steam buyers (hi you guys!) and those with some time off and want to play, we took this step to ensure the game keeps moving forward. Thanks for all your support, and here's too a great 2017!"

I may have had to do this once or twice...

6. MrBlight

MrBlight Avatar

I just posted a pretty massive post in feedback and that was basically my exact feelings regarding this.
    2 buddies gave the game a chance and basically called it a dud because we were so outa sync we couldnt play together, and i havent been on since, even though i have tons of stuff id like to be doing.

manufacturedsoul likes this.
  7. Evadrepus

Evadrepus Avatar

Same. I had lots of time off and had planned on some fun grouping sessions but instead after dealing with the bad code I just played other games instead. It was a mistake. Hopefully they learn from this and correct. It's not a fatal mistake but it's bad dropped ball - kinda like not having merchandise to sell on Black Friday.

MrBlight likes this.
  8. Berek

Berek Portalarian Emeritus Dev Emeritus

Hi guys,

As we responded to MrBlight's post, we are still looking into the issue and appreciate any further details you may have on how it's being caused. Will update you as soon as we have more to report!

9. TarrNokk

TarrNokk Avatar

I haven't stopped playing but tried to figure a way to workaround the problems. It seems, that in the morning hours (UTC) synchronisation works better than in the afternoon at about 2 pm (UTC). I noticed that at this time sync breaks down in a sudden along with network interrupts which is shown by the symbol in our GUI. when sync is doing crazy things you shoot arrows which do not register, you see them fly all across the screen BUT you can hear their sound later up to 1-2 minutes after shooting. It's crazy when you stand still after looting all corpses and you then hear the pew-pew sound of your arrows ...pew pew

Hornpipe, FrostII and Makaryus Drach like this.
  10. Makaryus Drach

Makaryus Drach Avatar

I've had to leave scenes to escape from melee mobs attacking me from ridiculous distances.

FrostII likes this.
  11. Hornpipe

Hornpipe Avatar

I was in Etceter mines and Crag foothills today.

In Crag foothills, I played in a party. The sync issue was very high : half of fired arrows appeared to do nothing (they appeared not to be fired at all), many were circling around like crazy fly, etc... All ranged skills were affected by bugs.

In the Etceter mines, I was alone. No party, so the instance was solo online (by default). One could say there will be no problem BUT there were sync issues too. Rapid fire was mostly affected by bugs. There were a lot less than in the party, but there were some nonetheless.

12. Odyssey2001

Odyssey2001 Avatar

Deep Ravenswood is difficult due to the sync bugs, fighting with the Ferocious Red spiders is almost impossible as 1 sec there 20 feet away and a 1 1/2 second pause and they are right on top of you..
    Also I am being hit in a location that I am not even in. so I was lets say in the middle of the road with spiders then I run away and As I run and I am healing myself but I still see the spiders fighting something invisible ( which is me in out of sync ) and as I keep on running I keep getting hit and hit.. right up to Have no choice but to escape the scene..

Yes this was a bad move on Ports behalf, they should have rolled it back..before the holidays as this must of turned off a lot of new people and probably a lot of others that had time off to play but found it just too buggy..

Oh well, whats done is done, we move forward now...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.