Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

[Known]Chest in Plains Road Bandit Random Encounter is Empty

Discussion in 'Release 37 Bug Forum' started by Traveller13, Dec 26, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Traveller13

Traveller13 Bug Hunter

1. Title: Chest in Plains Road Bandit Random Encounter is Empty
    2. Reproduction Rate: 2 for 2... One last night, well early this morning, and one later in the morning.
    3. Blocker?No
    4. Details:I've had two plains road bandit encounter in a row now where the chest is empty. These two are the first such encounters I've experienced recently with empty chests. I know they don't contain much anyway, but it would be nice to know if it was, indeed, supposed to be empty. Maybe if it is supposed to be empty, put a note in it from the bandits that reads something along the lines of "Ha! Ha! Sucker! Better luck next time!"
    5. Steps to Reproduce: Open chest in the plains road bandit encounter. Screenshot is below.
    6. User Specs: SotA Build 534
    [​IMG]

2. Gamician

Gamician Avatar

@Traveller13, Thanks for reporting. Issue has been submitted to the Development Team for review.

3. Traveller13

Traveller13 Bug Hunter

Update with a possible reason as to why... I had three consecutive overland encounters in a row earlier today. The first was the plains road bandit encounter, followed by a plains road skeleton encounter, followed by a plains road bandit encounter. I voluntarily entered the first encounter. The other two spawned and took me into them before I could clear the area. These encounters are the ones in the Hidden Vale on the hill to the southwest of Kingsport.

Anyway, I always clean out all such encounter areas of treasure and nodes. The chest in the first bandit encounter had a couple of minor items, as per usual. The chest in the second bandit encounter was empty. So... perhaps the contents of the chest had not respawned in the five or so minutes I spent in the skeleton encounter. With that thought, the encounters in the original post were the first overland encounters I had during their respective play sessions. Perhaps someone else had gone through that encounter just prior to me, and emptied the chest.

4. Traveller13

Traveller13 Bug Hunter

I can confirm that two bandit encounters in a row will result in the chest in the second encounter being empty. I suppose this is plausible-- you dispatch the first set of bandits, then the second set happen upon the scene, and try their luck. Though the various nodes in the scene have spawned and are available for harvesting.

5. Haz

Haz Avatar

Hmmm, I've not been able to even open the chests on encounters, let alone finding out if there's anything in them.

6. Traveller13

Traveller13 Bug Hunter

You have to be completely out of combat mode to access the chests.

Haz likes this.
  7. Haz

Haz Avatar

Well hell, no wonder I haven't gotten into them, thanks @Traveller13

Traveller13 likes this.
  8. Attenwood

Attenwood Portalarian Emeritus Dev Emeritus

Submitting for review: 39288

Thanks!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.