Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

[Known]Aetheric Feedback - Passive or Combat Skill ??

Discussion in 'Release 37 Bug Forum' started by zyxk i n g, Dec 23, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. zyxk i n g

zyxk i n g Avatar

1. Title: Aetheric Feedback bugged? Or only for ending a combat?
    2. Reproduction Rate: 100%.
    3. Blocker: Attack action.
    4. Details: Everytime I use Aetheric feedback right after I crit, it actually works, but the thing is that if I keep attacking, the regen doesn't work. The regen only works if I stop attacking ( or at least if I am not using any glyph from my deck ). This spell is very interesting, but it only regens once you crit ( need to cast 2 seconds max after crit, one more second could also be a little better.. ) and also doesn't regen if you keep fighting, well where is this spells' utility if you can't use it passively neither? #mightbebugged
    5. Thanks for answering.
    6. User Specs: NVIDIA 770 GTX 2GB

2. Gatsu.

Gatsu. Avatar

same for me.. this spell is completely useless...

3. Dariog

Dariog Avatar

If you GM it, it lasts long enough to make a big difference. You regenerate focus much faster between fights, and if you crit enough, you can keep the increased focus on there continuously. Of course, everybody's play-style is different, but I find Aetheric Feedback very useful.

4. zyxk i n g

zyxk i n g Avatar

Okay, the idea is great, but having an extra glyph on my combat deck that is only used for non-combat ( or when I no longer have any combat deck running ) is kind of weird. I'd say, the best would be to keep that glyph off the combat deck if it's not for it, and use it only on the passive deck, and also we could get increased delay to cast, about 4-5 seconds after we crit would be mindful, and this, even after we have lowered weapon ( the switch to passive deck ). So, we wouldn't only have 1-2 seconds, but 3-4 maybe, and the allowance for the switch to passive, which isn't allowed yet. Whenever I switch to passive and switch back to combat just to cast that spell, the regen doesn't work ( even if it's within 2 seconds, unless the allowance is really like 1 second ).

5. Margaritte

Margaritte Avatar

When I cast this in combat, I am seeing the effects last the entire duration, so I am not sure what is happening to you, @zyxk i n g? If you are still casting glyphs as the regen is happening, it's probably using the focus as fast as you are refilling the bar. Without more specific information, this is not something I can submit to the team as a bug. Do you feel there is a specific skill or set of glyphs that is canceling Aetheric Feedback early? Please provide more information. Thanks so much!

6. HogwinHD

HogwinHD Avatar

in my oppinion Aetheric feedback is working as intended, It wouldnt make sense for the focus to regen as fast as you are using it,
    Maybe they could Add like, you get a percentage of your total focus pool back, and that improves as you level the skill, and you then get the regen when your standard focus rate kicks in

EDDYCORP likes this.
  7. zyxk i n g

zyxk i n g Avatar

No the regen just stops? I am seeing the 20 regen on the buff under my health bar, but it isn't regenerating. I know this could be doubtful if I would actually keep spamming chain lightning ( which is 20 focus points for 1 second cast ) but no, I literally check my regen and all I do is leave it on the auto-attack, and wait a little until I get about 300 focus back, because if ever I use a 5 focus point skill-glyph, the regen stops ( even when using it once ), and only starts back about 3-5 seconds later once I stop using any glyphs.

Sorry @margaritte, but for me a combat is when I am in the action of using glyphs, when you press the Z key you get into combat mode. If ever I am in combat mode, crit and cast Aetheric Feedback right after, it might take about 2-3 seconds before it kicks in, and if ever I use a glyph during these 2-3 seconds, it is delayed until I completely stop using any of my glyphs. It is as absurd as that. It may be helpful no matter what it is doing to my gameplay, but I want to make sure it is actually working the way it was supposed to.

Thanks,

8. zyxk i n g

zyxk i n g Avatar

Just confirmed again. It is not working in fight. I have tried to use glyph after lowering my weapons, and I could heal and it wouldn't go away, but soon as I use an offensive glyph, it stops?

9. Dariog

Dariog Avatar

I think that is working as intended. The increased focus regen rate happens in or out of combat, but only when you are not using any glyphs.

10. Margaritte

Margaritte Avatar

I will submit this for review and try to get some clarification on how the skill is supposed to be working. Thanks, everyone!

Gatsu. likes this.
  11. Attenwood

Attenwood Portalarian Emeritus Dev Emeritus

Submitted for review: 39270

Thanks!

12. Jezebel Caerndow

Jezebel Caerndow Avatar

You just have to not use focus for a few seconds to get the focus regen to start working. If you had the focus regen constantly, this would be a very OP skill, focus would not be an issue at all then. If you want to know a way to get the regen while being able to attack, look into offhand attack.

13. zyxk i n g

zyxk i n g Avatar

It seems fine, but when I first started using this skill I felt a bit confused. It's kind of a very OP food buff that also increases you MAX focus, so if ever you use it at the end of a combat, hopefully you get enough time to regen all of it and also heal yourself for your second and then start off with much more focus, a bit like shield of crystal. It just would have been great to have a skill a little more complex to level up maybe. Getting like 10.1 focus regen at level 1, and then 20 at level 100, with a time variation. It could also be a focus regen working in-combat, but at lower rate. The point here was just to clarify with the devs if it actually was working as intended, that's all. Thank you.

14. zyxk i n g

zyxk i n g Avatar

One of the main problem using this skills is that in large groups, you never know who did the crit that's in yellow. So you spam Aetheric, hoping to get the regen, but in the end you were not even the one critting. So having the choice to only see your own damage In-Game could also be very helpful for this type of skill, or else it is pretty hard to follow the texts spamming your chat window when there is like 10 hits/second going on.

Mac2 and Dariog like this.
  15. Dariog

Dariog Avatar

I agree.

16. Filter Bubble Algorithm

Filter Bubble Algorithm Avatar

Cycling your spells every 4 secs allows ypu to get focus back between casts, this is how its supposed to work, its called spellweaving. if you always regen focus, focus would be obsolete withthis spell. you need to stop using focusfor 4 secs to regen, that is when the +20 kicks in +natural regen. also if you are in berserker stance, regen is blocked

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.