Regular Court Times

Discussion in 'Roleplayer's Corner' started by Larawyn Skjaldmaer, Jan 17, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Larawyn Skjaldmaer

Larawyn Skjaldmaer Avatar

Dear .... @Baene Thorrstad @Duke William of Serenite @WrathPhoenix @Stundorn Stureson @Aartemis and EVERYONE or ANYONE else interested in hosting such events.

Given the following assumptions:
    1. Our community is still small
    2. High Traffic RP times seem to be on the weekends
    3. But Weekend Events are Filling up
    4. There is already a successful Happy Hour
    5. More RP events are good!

It seems to me that there are a number of events that we are not putting out there for the community.

• Regular court nights. When the leader/nobleman is "at home" and available to receive visitors and make announcements.
    • Bardic/Skaldic Circle Events. Gatherings to show case player content of song, tale and verse? (This could be done after court night as well, make it one long event.)
    • Mage Gatherings. Intellectual discussion of Magic.
    • Philosophy Debates. Open debates on the various aspects of Novian Life (These could actually be one event that alternates location and topic)

Do we want to establish specific times on the calendar and rotate the hosting? We could do them on Monday, Tues, Thurs and Friday Evenings, with an earlier time on Saturday or Sunday for our German RPers? Or do them as only two cycling events; court and bard, then magic and philosophy? Monday Morning and Monday Evening, plus Friday Morning and Friday Evening? Reserve some RP slots so they become an established and recognizable time while rotating the topic and venue? Or some other proposal?

And while I believe that "he who proposes the idea should DO the work", is there someone else who would be willing to actually arrange this and keep it up?

Larawyn

2. Larawyn Skjaldmaer

Perhaps we could get a few people who want to help but are not ready to actually run events to do the scheduling effort?

A good portion of setting up events isn't just the showing up and running them, its the putting them on the calendar, reminding people in discord, or now facebook, and being there ahead of time so people can Teleport to you.

If we had maybe two or three people who are willing to help the RP community by being EVENT COORDINATORS that could be a big help and take some of the work of the plates of the town leaders. I'll outline the role below, maybe we'll get some takers.

1. Pick a time on the calendar that has an open slot, and hour or two should do it. Pick a time YOU can be there every week, or ask a friend to be your back up.
    2. Make out a list of the dates for the coming month, and contact people asking if they would host a court, bard, mage, or debate event. If they have their own idea that is great as well.
    3. Put something on the calendar like, "Suzie's RP Hour, a new list of events each week, {link to forum schedule}.
    4. The remind people of the event the day before in the new #roleplay chat room and on the facebook group. Ask other people, like me, to advertise your event along with ours.
    5. Show up 15 mins ahead of time so that people can TP to you for the event. If the location is not close to the landing point, make sure you know how to give directions.
    6. Stay for at least 15 minutes of the event before you leave.

If we can get people to do this, or even higher players to do this, that would be a wonderful service.

Thank you in advance.
    Larawyn

3. Bowen Bloodgood

Bowen Bloodgood Avatar

Heh there are a lot of ideas here I've also pondered. In fact, I had always planned on writing a book or two as well as possibly teaching courses on courtly manners..

My biggest limit is time. I'm reserving Saturdays and Sunday mornings for other plans and only have a couple hours on week nights. Plus my town isn't ready for hosting most social occasions quite yet.

That said however.. one of my services which I'd be willing to pick up again.. was putting people's RP events on the AC calendar.. (now apparently at NBNN) It's still sharing my RP calendar so I'm free to add and edit events.

Numa likes this.
  4. Larawyn Skjaldmaer

That is a step forward. Thanks Bowen ... Hopefully we can hire some event coordinators.

If we don't get movement here, I'll reach out in other ways.

5. Stundorn

Stundorn Avatar

Hejsan,

German community is a bit calm atm. RP especially isnt very popular by now, but there are a handfull of players sometimes roleplaying or even interested in.
    I am something like the visionary for RP plots for my guild, i did a part of the welcome quest for the Drachenbund and represented Drachental and before that we organized a Thanksgiving event with PoT Ralley, Tombola, Music and Haustblot as ritual.
    As an ambassador for the Guild I'm going out watching what others do and where we or just i maybe can partake.
    A friend of mine and i try running a council of mages (we are aware of the Tower of High Sorcery and the Shards of Truth of BDF).
    Me and @Bulveigh (Slartibartfas) are trying to establish the Council of the Grey Hall as it stands for a neutral coalition of all Magic Schools, concepts, believes and obliges everyone to neutrality because of common research and better knowing of others arts, magic and wisdom. But also organizing periodic Duells of Mages to identify the Archon.
    This all is (unfortunately) for germanspeaking only as we have some players who have too much troubles with English.
    For me it's okay, but I often need time and maybe a tablet aside for translation :p
    And of course are complex verbalizations and themes like Sorcery, Philosophy difficult to me.
    I have no difficulties to get the sense and like the sound, even if i get not every single word, sound and sense is mostly something i like and understand in english.

About time: most germanspeaking players are online around 8 p.m. and 12 p.m. this is 2-6 p.m. CST (actually +7hrs)
    For me especially is every day a maybe as I am a single parent man with a lovely 11 year old princess peach :rolleyes:
    Sometimes Mario need to rescue her :D

I would like to join some magic, philosophy, viking lore related discussions and already talked about a court etc...
    Because of timezones and real-life i never can promise to be available, but i want to try to help.
    In the end I think a second event coordinators job is way too much , although my actual position doesn't need much time because of a lack of interested germanspeaking roleplayers, but we always work on and wait until more are coming.

Glad to be a part of the worldwide roleplay community :)

6. Andartianna

Andartianna Avatar

I would be happy to host an event in my town Verat Choas in my town hall. It should be large enough to seat the limits of the current instance max around 20 to 30 players chairs available for 39. My preference for days would be Fridays evenings after 8pm CST, Saturday or Sunday 6p-9p CST. I don't have a preference on topics and am more then happy to host any type of RP event. I know a bit about healing and writing. I am also one of the Magistrates of the Court House at Beran's Reach. We plan to host court RP events at the courthouse as well. @Astor Cerberus for Beran's Reach Court information. The philosophy debates could fit well with my RP presence in the game but like I said I would be happy to host any type.

7. Astor Cerberus

Astor Cerberus Avatar

Thank you for the summoning @Andartianna -

I would be happy to make the court house in Beran's Reach available for RP events. There are two large rooms with a formal and semi-formal setup that seat about 70 and 25 people respectively. I'd also be willing to consider temporary or semi-permanent redecoration for the right event.

Drop me a message if you'e like me to show you around in game or discuss ideas.

8. Larawyn Skjaldmaer

This is great. Glad to have places to host events. Anyone willing to lead events? Anyone you know who might want to help organize? Are we willing to pay someone to handle event coordination for the community? If you have any one in mind, please direct their attention here.

9. Andartianna

Andartianna Avatar

@Larawyn Skjaldmaer I will begin hosting an open RP event weekly on Mondays in the Pub of Extraordinary Thought in Verat Chaos (nested in Dawn's keep just south of Britain.) at from 7pm to 9pm NBT/CT. I have a Large Decorated Town house with a pub on the main floor, library on the second floor, and an arena basement for players that want to challenge each other to fight. I recently took over the guild master role of Organized Chaos so I will have several regular events for RP, PVP/RPPVP, Adventure/RPPVE on our calendars starting in March. I would welcome any insight you might have on adding our scheduled events to open calendars for other players to come enjoy with us.

Bowen Bloodgood likes this.
  10. Bowen Bloodgood

Bowen Bloodgood Avatar

Both Larawyn and I can add RP events to the AC calendar if you'd like to send us the details. Though Larawyn is currently dealing with life issues.. if you send them to me I'll be sure to get them posted.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.