The upcoming telethon rewards are very … unrewarding

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by ChairStacker, Jan 17, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Aurelius Silverson

Aurelius Silverson Avatar

I'd love increased variey of telethon rewards (I already have WAY more pets than can be displayed in-game, the last thing I need is more of those!) but I'd suggest not this one -

Since usually all team members are all meant to be wearing the same uniform (bar personal identifiers like player names or numbers, or sometimes symbols to identify particular roles such as captains, or goalkeepers in soccer teams), by making one version of the uniform a reward only item you can't help but end up with 'differences' in what the team members look like depending on if they chipped in on the telethon or not, which sort of defeats the idea of 'uniform' - and if there is an identical craftable or obtainable version of the uniform, why have it as a 'reward' item at all? In-game craftable would be my option for anything 'team based' like uniforms, variation in colour to define your 'team' would be enough.

Last edited: Jan 18, 2017
  2. Tracker

Tracker Avatar

I second this. Fighting Bandits with one hand, while holding my leggings up with the other....is becoming tiresome.

Tracker

Kaisa, Chatele, Leelu and 2 others like this.
  3. Weins201

Weins201 Avatar

They really need to work on items like this for players who have already paid for the game and stop so much, in depth work on more Add-ons, pixle crack. Telethone rewards are OK, but they are just eye wash and players are going to (already are) getting fed up seeing, already spent funds (meant to purchase something) still not completed or broken to the point of uselessness.

10 million in the coffer should have us a much more completed well rounded game , not just more "crap" to purchase every month.

MrBlight, Kaisa, Koldar and 3 others like this.
  4. Browncoat Jayson

Browncoat Jayson Legend of the Hearth

I'd really prefer "rewards" which can be reused to expand the world.

* New pet models that can also be used in the wild (i.e., a white tiger pet, but striped tiger enemies)
    * Emotes that both players and NPCs can use (/plead, /pace, /fidget)
    * Decorations that would be useful in a variety of settings (non-breakable barrels with open animations and storage)
    * "Skins" for deco items (like book covers) that can be extended to crafting

As a reward, not all that exciting. But for making the game itself better, I'm all in.

x_Selene_x, Leelu, Grimace2 and 5 others like this.
  5. psteg

psteg Avatar

How about a recipe for a tub to bathe in.

6. Drocis the Devious

Drocis the Devious Avatar

Sure, whatever people want. It doesn't matter to me what it is really. I just think having the "exclusive rights" to make it because you showed up and supported the telethon would be a great way to get the desired result of getting people excited about the rewards.

psteg, Lord Ravnos, Tamsen and 3 others like this.
  7. Gideon Thrax

Gideon Thrax Avatar

copper ingots and.... could make a version for each ore type (finally, something to do with gold!)
    [​IMG]

x_Selene_x, Manerd, Leelu and 4 others like this.
  8. WrathPhoenix

WrathPhoenix Avatar

We enchanters do plenty with gold, believe me ;)

9. majoria70

majoria70 Avatar

How about rewards that further fund the game like how about giving us a ***** bulletin board system***** so we know who is doing what and where inside the game and also will connect the world.

If I know someone is selling something I want across the world or that their town is having a particular event I would love to see, such as bingo in Wizards Rest or Name that tune as we've done before in the past, I want to know. If we could pay for some things to be coded in the game, how many would do this?

I know we don't want to distract from the game getting released, but truly there are some things that need addressed.

-Can you say 'mailboxes' also to connect our world in game so we know who is doing what and who has stopped by

-and things like 'character work', 'sleeping in beds that give rested bonus',

-Would love to see more coding of things to make a better game like pay for things like 'coding the guards to work to do things like protect towns',

-Code for Ability to 'change of clothes for our vendors and change vendor look'

-and for a lesser reward of course things such as more clothing as shirts and skirts without cloth sim issues for our avatars

'accessories' like:
    'highheels', 'and more long gloves,
    'female clothing items not up to your neck'
    'lipstick'
    'twirling emote to show off a new outfit'

Grimace2, fonsvitae, Tamsen and 3 others like this.
  10. Preachyr

Preachyr Avatar

https://www.youtube.com/user/CityStateGames you would really like that channel then :p and bonus part is they don't try to suck more cash out of people to see it!

I would much rather they use the money they have already been paid and put things in the game that should have already been done. I hate seeing the constant cash grab and lack of results beyond cosmetics.

Leelu, Kaisa and psteg like this.
  11. Earl Atogrim von Draken

Earl Atogrim von Draken Avatar

You know, regional economy nad stuff.
    That really wouldn't help with that.

Leelu likes this.
  12. majoria70

majoria70 Avatar

Yes that is true, but we can ask. And some things were mentioned and not done like bulletin boards and sleeping in bed bonuses. Things that were cut due to money and cutting corners from lack of it. Some things IMO being cut were a mistake to the future of the game. I want them to go back and add bulletin boards in NPC towns that have work orders and player requests and quests, and guards that react to us.

I also want the game to be coded as it should be and not to cut corners on things we need to make a better game. Let us help create a fund to pay for more coders in the development team and not make this game cheap and lacking important parts.

Last edited: Jan 21, 2017
  13. Myrcello

Myrcello Avatar

just as example . so at the start this person tells he will work on fixing terrain problems. and then if you see as a gamer what that means and how many hours his lifestream goes and how much work go into it to fix some lets say for a gamer small visual change to the terrain stuff the i just say wow. you get small as a gamer seeing the magic behind it.

had to laugh at 2:39 hour when he checks the first time and well lets say the terrain looks kind of totally destroyed. he takes it with good humor. :) and goes back to fix it.

So a shout out to the Developers of also the SotA. - uff. respect :)

And he had for this video over 1000 views. i think that is not bad for such a dry topic. :)

So access to such stuff - that i call cool if you are intresting in Development

Last edited: Jan 18, 2017
    Leelu, EMPstrike and Lord-Galiwyn like this.
  14. Barugon

Barugon Avatar

A bat utility belt! Yes!

15. Vladamir Begemot

Vladamir Begemot Avatar

Hmmmm.... Monetize it and now you've got some more money trickling into Port from ads. Get someone who explains as they go and it could be very useful to amateur developers.

Leelu likes this.
  16. Rada Torment

Rada Torment Community Ambassador (ES)

Unfortunately I don't have access to dev+, but I can tell you that I would pay, right now, for that media content if I could.

Leelu and Vladamir Begemot like this.
  17. Arkah EMPstrike

Arkah EMPstrike Avatar

More often than not, portalarium is working on game mechanics and npc's and scenes and stuff. Not sure where the "they arent working on the game" mentality comes from to be honest

18. Waxillium

Waxillium Avatar

A batch of new rares should expire on that day. What do your metrics say about expiring rare sales on telethon day? The fall into winter telethon had rares ending during that telethon with discounts on the same as the wheel was spun.

Leelu likes this.
  19. Numa

Numa Avatar

[​IMG]

20. Solazur

Solazur Avatar

uhh when Is the telethon? I'm a little behind.

Leelu likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.