Help Find My Pants

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Satan Himself, Jan 18, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Raistlyn

Raistlyn Avatar

my thoughts exactly.

Hornpipe likes this.
  2. Hornpipe

Hornpipe Avatar

It took the first one who awake naked in New Britannia is you...

[​IMG]

;)

3. cyathome

cyathome Avatar

It's behaviour like this that keeps me from flagging pvp more often.

I really enjoy honorable player vs player battles, they are fun... but the ugly side of it is things like what happened to the OP of this thread.

There is no honor amoungst thieves, it's true.

4. Hornpipe

Hornpipe Avatar

It takes all sorts to make a world. And it's because there are unscrupulous people that Honesty is so important.

Nadomir likes this.
  5. Insinious FizzleThorpe

Insinious FizzleThorpe Avatar

@Budner Make sure to share the results you find out withholding names of course, because if you were PP clean then killed and looted, after logging out that is something that should be addressed. Also something that should be made aware to the public as a NO NO until fixed or confirmed working as intended..

Thwip, Alexander, Hornpipe and 2 others like this.
  6. Satan Himself

Satan Himself Avatar

Will do. I don't mind being lotted when I'm flagged PVP and I'm in-game. I understand the risks so I'm careful. But if the game mechanics permit people to be fully looted and possibly killed AFTER I log off, well then that will pretty much kill PvP in the game for everyone.

7. Magnus Zarwaddim

Magnus Zarwaddim Avatar

Tl;dr but did you CHANGE YOUR LOGIN CREDENTIALS?

8. Soylent Green

Soylent Green Avatar

Most multiplayer games have a grace period after you request logoff and when you actually exit the game in open areas. It prevents people from avoiding fights by instantly logging. Usually the logoff is cancelled if an agressive action is taken on the person logging out in that period.

Usually there are places where you can instantly log out. SOTA does it at the overworld map level. Ultima would do it at houses and inns. Or you can watch for 20 seconds and be sure you don't get attacked.

Every PvP game has a sub set of players who live to ruin your day and seem to be online and ready to ruin it 24/7. They make PvP fun to me as long as I keep that in perspective.

I'm not flagging for PvP till more bugs and exploits are fixed though. The chain mez thing scares me.

9. Rufus D`Asperdi

Rufus D`Asperdi Avatar

It's behavior like this that keeps me from flagging pvp... ever.

Womby, Tiki Pirate, Albus and 7 others like this.
  10. WrathPhoenix

WrathPhoenix Avatar

If you were wearing anything addon store or pledge related then it cannot be pickpocketed or obtained on a PK kill. I would suggest we back away from assuming this is a byproduct of PVP mechanics. This sounds like something very different. If you switch to a deck for instance that has no clothes or outdated clothes tied to it you'd show up naked when you switched to it. I dont know how things would get out of your inventory barring someone logging into your account and transferring you stuff but it is unlikely your entire inventory was pickpocketed in that short time.

Numa and Budner like this.
  11. majoria70

majoria70 Avatar

I wonder if the devs can track items. Were the missing pants made by you Budner?

12. Garfunkel Humperdinck

Garfunkel Humperdinck Bug Hunter

Wait a minute... Can we repeatedly get 'rez killed' even after logging out? :eek:

That could explain this mystery.

13. Satan Himself

Satan Himself Avatar

No. These were iron leggings/armor actually. Just using the term pants loosely.

majoria70 likes this.
  14. Hornpipe

Hornpipe Avatar

One thing could be helpful for the dev who investigate your case : the exact date and hour when you logged off (and the location of your avatar at that moment in Beran's Reach). You could probably find those somewhere in your logs (User\appdata\roaming\portalarium folder). I'm pretty sure they are keeping track of who was logged with you in this instance, and maybe of every skill use at that time.

Last edited: Jan 19, 2017
    Gabriel Nightshadow likes this.
  15. Hornpipe

Hornpipe Avatar

Also, I remember @Chris was talking about Dota2 login credential stolen used to log into Shroud, in the past. Did you play that game ? If so, did you use the same password ?

Given you have checked your bank and you did not notice further missing things, I would say it's not the problem but who knows ?

16. Insinious FizzleThorpe

Just grasping straws here big guy however,
    When logging in a non instant area, there is a pop up that asks you to wait or log now. Log now closes the client, however your avatar remains in game until timeout. If you are put into combat that timers halts if im not mistaken. Mez is combat hense halting the timer, allowing you to be pick pocketed until clean ( baring there were no NON lootable items in the inventory) . Now your pockets are empty, so they kill you once and get your pants. You are not there to respawn here is the question: does your logout timer now reset to 20 seconds, or do you have the idle timer kick in?

@Chris @Berek Can either of you confirm what happens/which timer resets in this situation ?

Womby, Acred, Numa and 1 other person like this.
  17. Hornpipe

Hornpipe Avatar

That's the problem : normaly, thieves should not have been able to steel more than one piece of equiped stuff for one kill. And death timer until respawn is 2 minutes, at least, when you don't use an ankh. Far more than the logout timer. I don't see how malicious people could have stolen all Budner's stuff in a row this way...

18. Insinious FizzleThorpe

From my understanding he only lost 1 piece of equipped, which is why I think he was robbed then killed and timed out after.. I guess the first question..
    @Budner Did you log into the exact same place you logged out? If you were killed and auto rezed do to time you would be at the ankh not in the spot you logged out in..

19. Satan Himself

Satan Himself Avatar

I'm not worried about my password security. If someone had control of my character, I imagine they would have emptied my bank account rather than just looted me.

I have no idea how to, and no interest in, digging through my logs. As I've said, there is unquestionably a bad mechanic at work here. Either I was looted after I'd logged off, which should be impossible under any circumstances (unless engaged in combat, which I was not) or the items disappeared for some other reason. My guess is that they were stolen. How so many items could be stolen in 20 seconds, if that theory applies, is beyond me. When I logged off, there was nobody around me. I find it hard to believe that a pack of thieves could surround me, without me knowing it, and then somehow know the instant I logged off (how would they know?) and then looted me dry in 20 seconds. Doesn't make sense. Not to mention, how can you steal something somebody is WEARING?

If we log and it takes ANY time, much less 20 seconds, for our characters to escape harm, and if the stealing mechanics allow a dry-loot during this time, well that needs to change.

Until the devs can clarify what happened here I don't know why ANYBODY would flag PvP because you don't know what can happen. The remedy MIGHT be to unflag, which is a royal PITA if you have to flag/unflag/reflag every time you play the game if you want to PvP.

Alexander, Numa and majoria70 like this.
  20. Satan Himself

Satan Himself Avatar

Correct, one piece of equipped was lost. I can't say for sure that I reappeared in the exact same place I logged out. I logged out in Beran's Reach (inside the town's main walls) and logged back in in Beran's Reach (also inside the town's main walls), I know that. I was not near an ankh. I'm not sure we even have an ankh in Beran's Reach.

Also, if I'd been killed then presumably something would have shown up in the Price of the Oracle, which it didn't.

majoria70 likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.