A memorial fit for Midas

Discussion in 'Fire Lotus Tavern' started by Chripsy, Jan 19, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Chripsy

Chripsy Avatar

Every thing Midas touched turned to gold including his virtue. On January 16 ,2017 at 8:11am Midas passed. Where? On!. While trying to live up to Midas's golden heart I am sharing his enjoyment of gaming by mirroring his wake on SOTA.

Everyone is welcome to stop by , do a jig , dance on tables, sob, cheer, take a nap, write a note, leave a good word, curse his name, praise him, or just say I never met the man. I personally will be playing his favorite songs. During this time Outlanders will be also attending the memorial to use the complimentary parchment to leave a name date and sentiment. I have set his pc/portal in the lobby of our church for attendees to understand the fun loving nature of Midas. They to will use the sacred public trunk to leave their sentiment.

Midas's Memorial In The Warf
    When:
    Friday 3:00pm - 8:00pm Central

Upon entering Brittany Warfs run south until you come to the Well. Turn left and run up the flower path then down the stairs. The memorial is at Midas's Cabana, the first one at the bottom of stairs. Christopher will be playing the harp.

The man behind Midas

Marlin Dwight Carr age 74 of Bourbonnais, IL formerly of Thornton, IL passed away Monday, Jan 16, 2017. Marlin was born Mar 5, 1942 in Blue Island, IL to Boyd Harrison Carr and Viola Lillian (Merrell). Beloved husband of Diana Joan (Brandy). Father of Christopher Boyd, Grandfather of RaeAnn Hope and Devin. Father of Nicholas John (Fiancée Dana R. Gaboian). Brother of Helen L. Jolley . Brother-in-law to Robert(Debi) Brandy and uncle to 10 nieces and nephews.

Marlin retired form the US Postal Service in Nov 2002 after 41 years as a Distribution Clerk for the Post Office in Harvey, IL. He resided at his home in Thornton for 25 years and Bourbonnais for the last 14 years.

After completing a freshman year of college at Drake University, Marlin enlisted in the US Navy for 4 years active service at Great Lakes. In the 80’s he was Cub Master for Pack 325, active in the Boy Scouts, and coached t-ball and Little League Baseball.

He was a genealogist, avid MMORPGer as "Desiderius" of Ultima Online & "Otho" of Lord Of The Rings Online, "Midas" of Shroud of The Avatar, Marlin favorited reading science fiction books.

Visitation Friday, Jan 20, 2017 from 3:00pm – 8:00pm at St. Paul Lutheran Church, 508 Chicago Rd., Thornton, IL. Funneral Service Saturday, January 21, 2017 at 11:00am at St. Paul Lutheran Church with services conducted by Rev. Harold Wahl. Interment Zion Lutheran Cemetery – Tinley Park, IL

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jan 19, 2017
  2. Hornpipe

Hornpipe Avatar

Midas was one of my neighboor I did not know... and one of the rarest who didn't built a lighthouse in front of my balcony. Just for that, I'll visit his memorial.

3. Leelu

Leelu Avatar

May the strength and kindness of Sota's citizens bid thee farewell Midas.

I am sorry for your loss and my prayers are with you in this time of sorrow.

4. Duke Gréagóir

Duke Gréagóir Legend of the Hearth

I am sorry for your loss. Rest In Peace Midas.

5. majoria70

majoria70 Avatar

My condolences to family and friends. I am truly sorry for your loss. May the rewards of knowing him during this life live on after he is gone in the form of beautiful sweet memories.

6. Daxxe Diggler

Daxxe Diggler Avatar

My condolences to Midas' friends and family. I don't believe I ever met him, but I consider any member of this community a friend.

7. monkeysmack

monkeysmack Avatar

An Avatar has fallen..
    While his outlander life has come to a end, his virtue lives on... in the hearts of all the lives he touched.
    We salute Midas and wish him well on his next great adventure in the afterlife!

8. CrandalltheFoole

CrandalltheFoole Avatar

Celebrate his life, be sad for your loss.
    Remember that we are all immortal as long as we are remembered.

9. Audacity

Audacity Avatar

My heart goes out to the friends and family of Midas. I know how much the missing hurts.

10. Fireangel

Fireangel Avatar

The lady solemnly approaches Chripsy and extends a small pale hand to squeeze his gently. She lifts her short arms and smiles compassionately as he returns her warm hug.
    "You know I love you, my friend. Thank you for the invitation to celebrate his life with you. I have found my way back here at last."
    [​IMG]

11. Alexander

Alexander Avatar

My condolences to Midas (Marlins) family and friends.

Last edited: Jan 21, 2017
    Chripsy and Rada Torment like this.
  12. Rada Torment

Rada Torment Community Ambassador (ES)

Another community brother lost :(

My condolences to his family and friends. Rest in peace Midas.

13. monkeysmack

monkeysmack Avatar

14. Lady Addy

Lady Addy Avatar

Sincerest condolences to the friends and family. Treasure the memories, may they comfort you always.
    Sincerely,
    Lady Addy

Chripsy and Alexander like this.
  15. Frederick Glasgow

Frederick Glasgow Avatar

My heart goes out to his friends and family. May his memory and the good times be cherished forever.

Chripsy and Alexander like this.
  16. Chripsy

Chripsy Avatar

Amazing Amazing Amazing I must thank everyone for taking the time to stop their world, for taking the second, minute, hour and thinking of Midas and his family. He had the most wonderful wake and funeral both in SOTA and out. We and he could not have asked for more. After seeing how the community came to help me grieve I'll be a life long resident for sure. If I wasn't already.

Now I also must give a personal heart felt honor to Monkeysmack. I have never seen anyone in SOTA come to help and take the reigns in guiding me as much as he did. Now I am not good at expressing myself on these forums so I can't do him justice. I did not know how, but knew I need to heal in SOTA since Midas and I shared so much. Monkeysmack made that happen.

I couldn't be there at the keyboards as often as liked, because simultaneously the real memorial was happening and 100's of visitors stopped to view the in-game memorial in the parish hall as I had it on the big screen. Since most of them were completely at aww and did not understand the concept I had to do a lot of explaining. Again Monkeysmack to the rescue guiding and greeting the Sota community when they visited Midas's house.

After the explaining was done not only was everyone ecstatic at the unique way (to them) dad was remembered, a few even created accounts, avatars and signed up.

Again, Thank You Thank You Thank You.
    From: Christopher/Chripsy/ChrisBCarr, Midas, Rog, Isabella, and Alexar

Last edited: Jan 22, 2017
  17. nickname187

nickname187 Avatar

I just want to give a heartfelt Thank You to my Brother and everyone else in this community that took part in Midas's memorial. I'm sure my Dad was super proud. Thank You all!

Sincerely,
    Rog

Beli, Hornpipe, Alexander and 2 others like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.