K’rul open PvP?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Tetsu Nevara, Jan 21, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Tetsu Nevara

Tetsu Nevara Avatar

So whats with the PvE-Player? We are waiting so long for new exiting Scene/Dungeons and now we cant rly play them cause its set for open PvP?
    As a RP/PvE-Player it feels like Porta sets the fokus an the PvP-Players and this is rly sad. When can we count on group content or new dungeons?

2. GrayFog

GrayFog Avatar

Well having PVP only dungeons makes sense.

But i agree with you, really want more RP/PVE stuff, expecially for group play too. Well i am not an RPer, but you know that already anyway (Askirias here) :p
    I am pretty sure we will see huge improvements there in the next couple of months.

3. Stundorn

Stundorn Avatar

Hej Tetsu,
    From what i recognized the last weeks, the Forum Community and announcements Sounds more of some support of PVP because this Feature need to improve and dont get any serious attention from the devs. This may changes now.

But as a player who prefer to RP PVE and at least some PVP if it's casual friendly and not to much timesink or prep time needed, is somewhat balanced or Minimum it is not completely insulting me if i haven't Adv Level 100+ i will try it out one day.

I hope for more uncloned scenes, for immersing scenes with little Storyelements, remember AD&D online, well lets say more of Kiln Sewers for example.

For me there is a lot more to do and many wishes, ideas and content for PVE, + RP...

But PVP brings people and people bring money to develop the game and they enlives NB as everybody else. So maybe we should grant the pvp folks a working and meaningfull System.
    I do.

But i also say, never at costs of the Pve player, the Economy or any other content. Pvp should always be an Option and never something critical to the game or important to do or do deep affecting to Overall gamemechanics.
    Why?
    Because pvp impales others gameplay and to be honest and maybe the most active pvpers in the forums and game arent Bad people or willing to destroy other players fun.
    But i made all overall different experiences and i already read things on the boards that would let me have ragequit and destroy my fun.
    I just say abusing PP or Spawncamping, griefing etc...
    No problem to die one time or get something stolen, but we all know, some, not all are not very social competent and see live more as a competition than a cooperation and dont mention to bother you, destroy your fun.
    This is why pvp always should be an option.
    If i want to swim with piranhas i can do.
    If not there shouldnt be any limitation or content restriction to me avoiding pvp.

4. Chris

Chris Tech Lord Moderator Ambassador SOTA Developer

Discussions are underway but likely there will be a nearly identical version of this map in a PVE space.

5. Tetsu Nevara

Tetsu Nevara Avatar

Thanks, something like that would be fine!

6. 2112Starman

2112Starman Avatar

Well, consider that there are tons of PvE dungeons and not a single PvP dungeon its going to rile a lot of people here that you think Porta is focused on PvP.

Vrunk Hrrk, fonsvitae, Verit and 3 others like this.
  7. Yakamo LLTS

Yakamo LLTS Avatar

Dude pve players have 99% more content than pvp players. I think us pvper deserve it!
    Cya on the battlefield! <====={}=

8. Yakamo LLTS

Yakamo LLTS Avatar

Don't you do it, that would undermine the purpose of pvp! You guys give in to the non pvper too often..

9. Tetsu Nevara

Tetsu Nevara Avatar

So you can PvP in every Map or City, you can duel, fight in arena solo or in group, you got PvP-Areas like Shardfalls, you can organise
    tournaments by our own and you get Blood Bay and XP Bonus. So what is it that you guys still miss?
    Name me one good Dungeon except "The Rise" (feels empty as hell) where PvE guys can group fight.

edit: Chilblain's Compendium of Pain and Suffering

Last edited: Jan 21, 2017
  10. iansmellios

iansmellios Avatar

Trammel and Felucca o_O

11. Yakamo LLTS

Yakamo LLTS Avatar

You said it, that's like saying Voldemort! Noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

iansmellios likes this.
  12. iansmellios

iansmellios Avatar

Hahahaha

We are all doooomed

13. Yakamo LLTS

Yakamo LLTS Avatar

14. Gideon Thrax

Gideon Thrax Avatar

[​IMG]

This is great to hear - one scene for PVP awesomeness and dropping land deeds for building obstacles and mazes and player driven action/adventure content, for bolstering defenses and war - and another area strictly for housing where community building and gardening can be satisfying for everyone that wants to live in a bad ass conflict scene without any risk. win/win

15. Drocis the Devious

Drocis the Devious Avatar

Not sure I understand how this makes the game better.

It seems like having one PVP dungeon scene would not be too many.

Last edited: Jan 21, 2017
    Elwyn, Belgtor, Tracker and 2 others like this.
  16. Stundorn

Stundorn Avatar

You can PvP there, can't you?
    Or is it to *force* people to PvP like Ruins and Shardfalls already do.
    Bad idea imo, although they do it.
    It's just a waste of developing time for a small amount of players. Most will stay away from this. And why?
    PvP players behavior and imbalance.

If people want to PVP they can do it everywhere.
    If people want to PvE they cannot do it everywhere.
    Already a limitation for PVE players.
    What PVP players cannot ist forcing others into PvP and thats good and should never happen.
    What you want is constraints and this is bullshit, sorry.
    But you get what you want, Porta already is willing to please people who want pve stay away from content or force them into something they dont like.
    Or maybe they would like, but not under these circumstances.
    Sandbox PvP is just for hardcore powergamers. No judging, but why force someone into or dont grant him to enjoy the environment/ content without beeing forced into PvP?

The Answer is you guys like to impale others, whether they like or not. You like to impair and have influence, whether the other want or not want to be impaired.

This is less cooperative, say more competetive and a Survival of the fittest mentality.

Great, do it.
    I have enough of this **** in reallife and enjoying more just playing and beeing cooperative and altruistic.

You needn't , but please unterstand that PvE players never impairs you or make you need to stay away from something, but you do!

Leelu, syxs, FrostII and 1 other person like this.
  17. Yakamo LLTS

Yakamo LLTS Avatar

This just means majority of the player base will ignore that zone and still the only people who flag will be left with NOTHING! If this happens i guess im off to a new game

18. nonaware

nonaware Avatar

i am not a fan of creating victims for others enjoyment.

but there is nothing wrong with a pvp only anything it just needs to be carefully balanced safe areas to spawn into and res at, or they will be dead zones controlled trolls and clowns.

19. Ristra

Ristra Avatar

PvP has 100% of the game to PvP in. Just flag and the world is your PvP. No need for PvE vs PvP specific dungeons.

20. Stundorn

Stundorn Avatar

Of course the majority will ignore Zones that force them into pvp if they dont like to pvp!
    And of course this is the majority.
    And because of this, pvp players should stop asking about pvp exclusive content.
    They may ask for a better balanced and meaningfull System to have players interested in pvp and dont try to force them.

What if i force you into RP in a PoT?
    You wont ever visit.
    What if i try to interest you in it.
    You may try it, but more important you wont feel impaired by me!

Leelu, syxs, Acred and 3 others like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.