K’rul open PvP?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Tetsu Nevara, Jan 21, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Arkah EMPstrike

Arkah EMPstrike Avatar

Edited this post because i got waaaay off topic, oops.

Im excited to check out krul, especially if theres some cool incentive to do so.

If the only incentive is to be shot at by a pk then it probably wontbe as appealing. Im hoping for treasures

Last edited: Jan 21, 2017
    Numa likes this.
  2. Tetsu Nevara

Tetsu Nevara Avatar

Every pvp area we have is empty. Or do you say people would play more pvp when it is in an dungeon instead of a shardfall?

3. Arkah EMPstrike

Arkah EMPstrike Avatar

I think the answer is in the "why go there?".

nonaware likes this.
  4. Drocis the Devious

Drocis the Devious Avatar

I think until there are balanced risk vs. rewards the pvp areas will be empty.

NPC guards in towns would fix a lot of this. Adding special resources or items that could only be found in shardfalls would also help.

The problem is that if you make a non-pvp area and a pvp area, the risks of one will never equal to the other. We saw that with Shardfalls, and now it's just a question of putting appropriate rewards into the Shardfalls to make up for the extra risk.

5. Stundorn

Stundorn Avatar

Of course they will add bonus in the dungeon, like a bonus drop rate for PvP scenes and the XP bonus.
    But guess what, the PvP will complain until everybody is forced and we have open PvP everywhere.

It's just about own others or want anybody say it's about to sacrifice themself?

Own others who are willing to compete and do the same to you, but serious question:

Why should or need that content that is exclusive for PvP and excludes me.
    Why creating content for just one part of players?

PvP need to attract people without exclude PvE players from content!!!

No one wants you to not PvP, but why the heck does it need to be exclusive?

6. Stundorn

Stundorn Avatar

The influence you want destroys other players fun, I guess

I cannot make everything of my own and I cannot even survive t5 scenes solo.
    Unilateral view of a gamer who only see his world and his wants etc...
    My Guild isn't meaningless to me!

They need people log in back and you think this is pvp?
    I think there are a lot of things that are more important to the majority to log in again than PvP.

I don't know what all this people do and how they can play 30-50 hours a day and get 1 Million x or y in an hour.
    I just don't know, but even if I would know I can't do it, and even if I could do it I wouldn't , because I would need to do less real life.

Greedy people always destroy the fun for the modest and lazy casuals, but so what ... I'm lazy to argue with overambitious people.

Go do what you want and don't bother me, I'm enough botherd while I have to accept what porta understands from consensual.

If you avoid PvP you cannot see an amount of percent of game content. Very consensual. Yes it fits, but we'll if the consens is to get me stay away from content it's a bit ridiculous, because there are other ways.

But this ways bother PvPers, they not just only want PvP with like-minded people, no no they want might and power and have influence over others.
    And you get what you want , not perfectly like in a real open PvP sandbox, but they already grant you more exclusive content and bonus than every other playertype.

Where is the scene where PvP is not allowed and huge a dungeon with exclusive items (pristine large Croc head) or drop rates (chips) forcing everybody into Roleplay???

What a great complain this would be. Sadly Roleplayers are mostly lazy to powergame and such, but I would like to see what you react if we force you talking in character or otherwise we kill you.

7. bwtdozer

bwtdozer Avatar

Just read the op and not the rest of the thread. But I wanted to say as a 99% PVE player who focuses mostly on crafting I have to disagree with the OP. PVP in general has been mostly ignored. Port gave the PVP crowd a bone and focused an update on them. 90% of the content is PVE already. Glad the PVPers got some content.

8. Brass Knuckles

Brass Knuckles Avatar

I agree here, I think 1 pvp dungeon is not to much to ask really is it?

I mean comon unless your fairness is going to exten to convert pve versions to a pvp copy but there is no reason why this game cant have bits exclusive to a group looking for specific content.

@Chris

9. Ristra

Ristra Avatar

Sandbox = no content. That's open PvP to the T. This is about K'rul not redesigning SotA. We could go on forever about this feature vs that feature. Open PvP is all there is currently and making yet another PvP only zone isn't fixing PvP.

10. Arkah EMPstrike

Arkah EMPstrike Avatar

I was under the impression that there was a faction-like goal for blood bay but yall keep talking like that isnt the case. Is it not?

11. Traveller13

Traveller13 Bug Hunter

There's a bridge you can fight on. However, if you set it on fire then the problem will be solved, as it is made out of wood and rope.

Vrunk Hrrk likes this.
  12. Vallo Frostbane

Vallo Frostbane Avatar

You are a rare minority. A game catered to you will not be commercially sustainable. You have always a niche here. And you should have it. But overall the game needs to attract more gamers. Rpers and casuals alone wont make this float. We need to go in the direction of virtual world with more player freedom. Currently players dont matter in this game. Thats why noone is playing it. It failed to attract the people it was appealing to in the first place. If you and i can find a place here... the game succeeds. Else we will both see the service go offline faster than you think.

syxs and Garfunkel Humperdinck like this.
  13. Xeen Dread

Xeen Dread Avatar

Have you conquered The Rise? You can unflagged/privately challenge that dungeon.

14. Xeen Dread

Xeen Dread Avatar

Living Legend for hire.

15. Stundorn

Stundorn Avatar

From a roleplayers persspective i say not true.
    What do you need to matter?
    Tetsu already asked what is it you want to influence other people?
    What kind of matters you want?

I assume to be stronger than other players in a gamemechanics way, isnt it?
    Thats the matter. Wow, what a matter, i played 363748483 hrs more than you an can influence you, i am matters!

Well i could also matter in my Roleplay if people would "play" this way.
    It's totally voluntary ah and you dont get bonus for it or special scenes or a Dungeon.
    So pvp is voluntary too, but why do you need exclusive content and again what is the matter you want?

16. Vallo Frostbane

Vallo Frostbane Avatar

Roleplayers will not be enough to make this game a success. They focused mainly on RPers before and see in what a sorry state the game is.
    By giving you all the PVE content for moneyz.. PVP is now the only real gameplay for people that don't want to cash in heavily. I'd wish it would be different, but we will have to wait for good PVE content as well. People wanted virtual world, and not hugbox with Roleplaying. That's why we are now struggling to get people back playing.

PVP had 0 love so far. Latest releases fix that.

17. Stundorn

Stundorn Avatar

Didnt Answer the question what Tetsu already asked and i repeat to ask.

Although you are right @Vallo Frostbane about Numbers and whom they try to get back logging in etc...

I want to know what is it that PvP make you feel it does matter or you have influence and very important, why this has to be something that need to be a gamemechanic and not self created content. Like Tetsu said, form a guild, lets say anti Virtue or Pk, search another which is pro Virtue, anti pk and proclaim war. This is what i know from Darkfall. No gamemechanics needed and maybe this is roleplay too. The difference is, not to force everyone or to seperate them from content/ scenes but just to do it with likeminded people and to handle the amount of players who just dont want it and ignore this playstyle.

What is it that make you feel it is a matter?

I still argue that the matter you want is the unforseeable, not consensual PvP that gives you the feeling of matter, the feeling of influence and power.
    It is to decide if a player enter the dungeon or city, it is to influence someone by taking his gear or mats or gold. Arguing that all this is easy capable and everybody can restock easily and of course everybody can do any content Solo, need no guild etc...
    I cheer for you if you do the Rise solo, fight a Dragon solo and drink Tea with the Demon after he made his fingernails:p

The thing is, PvP is all fine, although it's maybe never an achievable content to me as a casual player, but beside that i dont know why it cannot exist side by side.
    Why some just ignore it and have all Access to content in the world and the others who want to compete euch other can just do it without affecting others, need exclusive boni and content.
    I just dont get that, beside you just agree what i assume, that it is to "own" someone and to influence others who dont want to be influenced. Is that the matter you need?
    Is that the meaning of PvP?
    Survival of the fittest and to not allow others to enjoy the same content as you without this threat?
    They can do it for sure, but why not in Shardfalls etc... I dont know another explanation than this fact. Although they could make every scene PvE and PVP allways optional and with this allways really consensual.
    What we now get is consensual with the pve folks has to agree to never see exclusive pvp content.

I would just like to have some pvpers say it loud and clearly what this matter and meaning and influence they want to have fun?

If it is what i speculate and the devs develop in this Direction and pvp becomes important. You cannot see lore relevant scenes without Willing to pvp, there will be more items, maybe recipes and such just available to people willing to pvp etc... Is that the matter. Risk versus Reward you want? Exclusive content that matters and is for pvp only? Because it need to be risky and dangerous, because if not it doesnt matter and is too easy?

That is imo completely insulting a casual player. But maybe gaming at all isnt for casual players anymore.

But i dont want to complain only.
    What i envisioned is a Community who grant each other everything and can handle it. PvE and Roleplayers grant pvpers a vial, working System and to pvp everywhere and with everyone who want to. Consensual.
    If PvP is fun, if a casual player has the possibility to grow a character and one time i competetive and comoarable to a hardcore player and if the meaning of PvP is to fight each other for just the fight, because it's fun and maybe roleplay or if it grants a guild a bonus over time when won a war, give a winner some titles and trophies to Show up how mighty he is, this would not exclude people from content. This would also be a matter , and this wouldnt force people into pvp but invite them if interested.
    So I am not forced into PvP but i dont like to be excluded from content, if the cause is that pvpers need a matter and meaning to pvp what includes to impairs me that way.
    I dont see any cause, beside the pvper agree that meaning and matter is to prevent others can do everything what they can without pvp.
    If the matter and meaning is to be exclusive or to be able to influence others who dont want to be influenced...

Well then we will have a constant conflict the game will suffer from and we will allways have both sides not satisfied.

The solution is really simple.
    Consensual and Options and for PvP to handle that matter and meaning cannot be something exclusive.
    I dont see any cause why something related to pvp need to be exclusive if we talk about consensual PvP.

But i assume consensual is the issue.
    And to make PVP exclusive areas the consens is still there, but ask the pve only player to renounce content.

I dont know if this is a good way to enlarge playerbase and I dont unterstand why matter and meaning to pvp is so one eyed, sorry.

@Chris @Vallo Frostbane

Xandra7 likes this.
  18. Arkah EMPstrike

Arkah EMPstrike Avatar

Pvp offers potentially harsh penalties.

And alot of people see no goal in it other than to inflict those harsh penalties on folks for fun. So folks ask themselves "what's in this for me? What am i getting out of this?"

And thats where game mechanics that incentivize the risk come in. Buncha folks would love a goal or reward worthy of that risk. Without it, its the same as fighting a dragon that offers 0 xp and takes your stuff (reverses your progress) if you lose.

Im under the impression next release is targeting pvp incentive and balance

19. Vallo Frostbane

Vallo Frostbane Avatar

In consent based PVP the one that choses to take the higher risk (PVP) will always have more content and more rewards. Else there is no need for PVP at all. Thats was the mistake Port made in the beginning. You can always go somewhere else. Noone forces you to play there. I am not forced to raid the rise either. We can all be happy.

20. Tetsu Nevara

Tetsu Nevara Avatar

Yes but the Rise feels unfinished and empty. I wish they would give it more love and a bit reward.

They should do some merchants where you can trade the Bones and Skulls from People for pvp based items or titels.

Garfunkel Humperdinck likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.