Beginner Experience/First Impressions

Discussion in 'New Player Welcome' started by ripfr, Jan 23, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ripfr

ripfr Avatar

I have been playing the game since this past Friday and my experience of the game has been great so far. The open world and freedom you have to be who you want to be is what makes this game so good. I am very satisfied with the way player interaction is set up.

My first post, but anyways. I set up my account on Thursday and started playing the day after. When I first started the game started at the tutorial/intro where I had to help this girl through some burning rubble, it was okay, nothing too fun. Then I got to customize my character's looks which I thought had a lot of nice styles to it although I wish my character could be a little thinner. I got to talk to the Oracle as well which there wasn't much to or anything that stood out too much, but I could choose who to be.
    Bulletpoints:
    • Good Character Customization
    • Difficult Start
    • A Little Boring in The Beginning
    • Realism
    • Gets better

I found it to be difficult to start the game, a little boring and I had no idea where to start. I was walking around the game, not able to fight anything and almost dying every time, a little bit frustrating. This is where I want to give great props to Shroud Of The Avatar. The community is one of the greatest I have ever been a part of. I knew someone already, but in the beginning I stopped and asked a stranger for directions and he helped me out. Someone I know has been showing me around and introduced me to the game.
    Now that I have gotten some weapons and leveled up the game is incredible and I love it. It's difficult starting, but once you have gotten some gold, weapons and leveled, it works great. What got me started was becoming a part of a guild and establishing some connections and friendships. And being given a grand tour by a good friend. All in all a great game and community with a lot of possibilities.

(I am not great at game reviews, but I just wanted to share my words with this great community)

2. Vero

Vero Avatar

Nice post Nevha! Welcome and have fun!

3. Stundorn

Stundorn Avatar

Welcome and yes that was my experience too.

4. Womby

Womby Avatar

Welcome nevha.

5. Timmy Vortex

Timmy Vortex Avatar

Welcome to the game Nevha! I hope you'll have alot of fun in the coming days :)

6. Vallo Frostbane

Vallo Frostbane Avatar

If you say the same a couple of months into the game, I welcome you here ;)

7. Luca Xante

Luca Xante Avatar

Grimace2, firesparx, Acred and 4 others like this.
  8. Berek

Berek Portalarian Emeritus Dev Emeritus

Greetings and salutations sevha! We're glad to hear that you got through the beginning part of the game and are well on your way to calling New Britannia home.

We are still very much working on what's called the 'New Player Experience', and greatly appreciate this feedback! Please let us know what you think of other areas of the game as you adventure through them as well.

9. majoria70

majoria70 Avatar

Welcome @nevha. I do agree about the starting area and as mentioned it is a work in progress atm as the rest of the game. You are just in time for R38 which is coming in on Thursday which is really exciting with bug fixes, content, new features, recipes, polish and so much more. I know you said you joined a guild but if I can help anytime let me know ok. I am Majoria in game. *cheers*.

10. mercster

mercster Avatar

11. ripfr

ripfr Avatar

Thank you for the great feedback, I really appreciate it.

12. Acred

Acred Avatar

Welcome to New Britannia, @nevha !

It is good to see you posting on the SotA forum already and to read that you have found a Guild and your friend(s) here.

There is so much for you discover, not only about the game itself and the virtual world, but about how you want to play it and the investment you will make in the different facets of the game. You likely already know if you want to Role Play or flag for PvP. But perhaps like me, you will eventually find yourself writing a back story and adventure tales placed in this new world (and surprise yourself). Maybe you will join other players in parties, performances and player-help activities or scheduled sports.

Like Berek wrote, we'd like to know what you think about your experiences and your adventures.

13. The Hendoman

The Hendoman Avatar

welcome to Sota - your experience mirrors a lot of people here so you are not alone at all. You did the right thing, the intuitive thing, in asking for help. Probably why multiplayer exists in the first place, which I didn't get until right now, so you are helping out longer players already! :)

you'll hear it over and over, but read this https://www.shroudoftheavatar.com/f...od-and-how-to-modify-it-for-your-needs.58341/
    and scour the forums topics like 'where is the best place for new people to go?' and you'll be aces in no time ;)

THE HENDOMAN

Stella Emily Moon and Grimace2 like this.
  14. Stella Moon

Stella Moon Avatar

@nevha Come back. One of the guildies has armor already made for you.

Luca Xante likes this.
  15. mercster

mercster Avatar

Make me armor next too please. :cool:

Luca Xante likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.