passes and makeing them hard to pass

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Morgoth redbeard, Jan 24, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Morgoth redbeard

Morgoth redbeard Avatar

im an little confused like they have passes as they as they want to make it a area baced game were you kinda stick to one location

but why arnt ther guardians with keys to the dore to pass it
    like you have a boss that drops the key to the dore and ones you use that key it brakes

i mean if you want players to controll the point you have to have a way they infact need a grup to pass it
    as it is now i am lvl 82 exsplorer and like me i think any high enuf lvl just run true there to get to were they going so its not realy doing what its suposed to do

i think if they made an iron dore in the middle were you had to fight the spawn to a boss enterd that heald the guardian key that would all shange

then you also open up an market you know say some dont want to fight the guardian but want to pass it then make it so they can ithere use the key ones or sell it to some one that unwilling to fight the spawn

ofcorse if you realy wanted to make it tuff then you would just make it so no telleports over an pass
    maby only recall so that your able to recall home but not able to telleport over an pass to friends

also you would need to make regonal npc vendors pay more in sones were sertan stuff is scarse and lower price in sones were its abundant

just my 2 sents on the matter thx for looking and feal free to agree or dissagree

Numa and Roycestein Kaelstrom like this.
  2. Nadomir

Nadomir Avatar

As I understand the idea behind the passes, they are not ment to be too difficult to pass, so that even lower level players still have a chance to pass them. The chances for a complete beginner are slim to none to pass solo and once you got some experience you can run through, but still have a certain risk. But they are not ment to block the way completely until you win a raid-level-boss-fight or something like that.

Roycestein Kaelstrom likes this.
  3. Kara Brae

Kara Brae Avatar

I believe it would be a huge mistake to make the passes as unsurpassable as you suggest. The point of the passes can't be to force people to stick to one location. That would mean that the size of the game would shrink to mini proportions for the vast majority of players. Low level avatars wouldn't be able to complete story quests and would quickly get bored with their little corner of the world.

Even easy passes serve to reduce travel to other regions. I think twice before crossing even passes that I can get through easily because it's a nuisance to endure the scene loading times and having to run through a scene. Before all the passes were in place, I enjoyed the game much more.

4. Vallo Frostbane

Vallo Frostbane Avatar

I would love those passes be guild controlled. Even if they want to close a pass down for everyone else there could be fight about it, or a way around which needs a key, lockpicking or kill some pve etc. Anything else than the current CP system would make more sense ^^

5. Womby

Womby Avatar

The only thing that annoys me about the passes is the two additional scene load times. We're talking minutes, not seconds. That's enough to discourage me from using them.

Kara Brae likes this.
  6. Numa

Numa Avatar

[​IMG]

The Blood Bay air patrol, a moving boardable platform. The CP's could have something like this that would be available at a price. If a guild takes control of the CP then that price would be much lower. If you're several times overweight because you're moving inventory or goods and have to pass through a CP - then it's an attractive option.

Last edited: Jan 24, 2017
    Jens_T likes this.
  7. Kara Brae

Kara Brae Avatar

It would be an attractive option if the price weren't too high. The first time I entered a pass that had a mysterious mage who offered to transport me through for a price, my entire fortune was around 80 gold. The mage was asking something like 1500 g. Even now, I wouldn't pay 1500 gold to travel through a pass. If it were 150 gold (the price of a scroll) I would consider it.

8. Lord_Darkmoon

Lord_Darkmoon Avatar

There should be more ways to go through a pass. Fighting and teleporting are two options but how about more? An underground tunnel, a way to distract the enemies, a secret gate somewhere...
    We need options for the single player fans to brave those areas, too. Not everyone wants to join a guild or other players to fight through the pass or can afford to pay the fee the mage wants to have. Sometimes people just want to finish their quest and want to go through a pass as fast as possible so that they can continue the story. But if I have to grind in order to get 1.500 gold or have to fight against hordes of enemies that are too tough (so that I have to grind again) this is ruining the fun.

9. Numa

Numa Avatar

I think the 150 gold @Kara Brae cited is appropriate - as long as you're not overladen. There should be a penalty fee for every X pounds over the max capacity you are.

Kara Brae and Jens_T like this.
  10. The Hendoman

The Hendoman Avatar

you can simply take the path to the left of town sieges and bypass the battles, so why not for control points? Eastreach Gap has a couple of paths started, so perhaps there is hope to walk around them in the future.

Control points should be much easier to hold down. I get it that people want exp from them, so the spawn rate is pretty good for that kind of play. I would simply change the control point so that when the party grinding flees and leaves the hardest level of enemies standing around, they would revert back to level one enemies if no one is there.... As it is now, the hard guys are left for about 30 minutes or more and that makes it hard for new players to run thru.

That guy offering teleporting is way overpriced - i don't see the logic in that pricetag.

there's a battle chest in Vauban, but no longer in eastreach. Wasn't even an exploit, just non combat people being able to grab a chest while others fought for experience. Which you can still do in Vauban. Weird logic there.

a colorful notice of what state the CP is in from the overland map would be nice too.

THE HENDOMAN

Numa and Kara Brae like this.
  11. MrBlight

MrBlight Avatar

But... you can literally just run through them with little to no fear of death.
    Especially if your far enough along you have a reason t be going to the other side.

I recruit new guys almost daily.. and they run from soltown through brightbone to get centralized in Dawns keep with us.. and id say only 1/4 die.

But i also agree.. the teleport price is stupidly priced.
    Especially since average person will take the tiny exp hit if they cant handle killen the mobs, and just run across dead lol.

12. Arkah EMPstrike

Arkah EMPstrike Avatar

Every region already has an alternative route into it that is either solo/party or on the overworld map and bypasses all control points

13. Turk Key

Turk Key Avatar

If they want to encourage group play, the pass mechanic has to change. Left as is, low level players can make it through.. perhaps by paying the mage, or running through dead, or running through surviving. This leaves the control pad. This should work this way: If a group of players successfully holds the pad through to the endpoint of waves of mobs a gate should open to a completely different scene. While that gate is open, anyone can run through. On the other side is an instance where mats are plentiful. It would be a gatherers paradise. But be aware, the scene is only open for 30 minutes. Then high level mobs start up again around the now closed exit gate. Their defeat will open the gate back to the control pad. If unsuccessful at defeating the end mobs, everyone in the scene will eventually die. Logging back into the overworld, albeit with all the resources they collected.

14. Arkah EMPstrike

Arkah EMPstrike Avatar

I think the teleport mage (tho it does seem overpriced) was targeting potential pack-mule types who are hauling a thousand stones worth of items into another region. The monsters make that difficult, and the alternative routes are exponentially longer when you move that slow.

15. Arkah EMPstrike

Arkah EMPstrike Avatar

"Control Point Bosses" are being worked on, and they've been attempting to add rewardign treasures to the encounter, but the control points had thus far been proven too easy to be as profitable as they wanted the reward to be.

16. MrBlight

MrBlight Avatar

I thought u cant use him overweight??
    Well hot damn then lol

17. Turk Key

Turk Key Avatar

To be clear.... casuals who simply want to go through the pass would encounter a path that is no harder than it is now. The fight around the gate to the resource instance would not interfere with the somewhat safe passage. However for those fighting the gate guards, and for those hanging around the fringes, passage into the resource paradise will be assured. The collecting of resources will be on a timer. Exit from the scene will be through a fight out, death and resurrection to overworld, or recall and transport. This mechanic will allow all participants a full chance at the "treasure" and will encourage the hangers around the fringes to join in on the fight because even if dead they could pass the gate when it is open. Thus group play is encouraged, everyone is rewarded and it would be fun.

18. Arkah EMPstrike

Arkah EMPstrike Avatar

if you cant then maybe that should be revisted!

19. Arkah EMPstrike

Arkah EMPstrike Avatar

some folks forget that there are paths around the gate, and that going through the gate is jsut generally quicker. In East Reach there is no way around the control area, but there is an overworld route around that control point that takes much longer

The Hendoman likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.