I have the red name blues

Discussion in 'PvP Gameplay' started by Audacity, Jan 19, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kinkara

Kinkara Avatar

If they put resource nodes with say double resources AND housing in the same areas, and made them open PVP, this would be a good risk-reward.

2. Vallo Frostbane

Vallo Frostbane Avatar

The only chance this game has IMHO to become financially sustainable some day, is to become a medieval EvE Online.

I don't think it float itself yet at all and they made the biggest mistake ever to piss off the UO crowd, not realizing the biggest amount of money came from them - not the large amounts, but lots and lots of small backers.

We are on a road to fix things though and my view on the game in the past months has become better. However we still need to fix the moderation in here and of the game in general. But I am sure that problem will solve itself at some time ;)

Go sandbox!

Numa and Audacity like this.
  3. Weins201

Weins201 Avatar

Take note of this reply - it is a prediction - - -

PvP in Blood Bay will be great, for about a month, the skill/template of the day will get reported at least 6 times.

The PvP community will applaud this and then after the lime light dims, will ask for, and get more. Resulting in more developer time spent on more "PvP" content even before the game is "released".

All the housing will go to players who have abused a system one way or another and are so overpowered they cannot really be competed against. (remember they said they would build a system (with alot of developer time) to prevent this)

"Bug / exploit" will occur and counter whatever system they created to make the house selection system special

Just predictions but I want it out there now so when it does happen I have a record of what I say will happen (wait for it).

4. Vallo Frostbane

Vallo Frostbane Avatar

Wow weins ur predicting the obvious. As long as they don't implement true sandbox content where players finally get a say in the world, there will always be the so called dungeon lifecycle in content. It gets boring and too easy.

They should focus on guild vs guild content and territory control. Let the players create the conflict and drama about it. But Portalarium is so crazy about control, that you get the feeling you life in the former east german republic. As long as they don't give up some control about the game world, we won't see large communities building up. So far what we got here is nothing. Some don't want to hear it, but it is the truth.

Audacity, MrBlight, Bow Vale and 2 others like this.
  5. TarrNokk

TarrNokk Avatar

The idea of unstacking and loading with crap is really bad style. I never did any actions to my inventory in case I could lose a fight and get something ransomed. If so, I buy it back, what is gold? Its all around. To prepare my inventory for pvp makes me losing the spontaneity. It's like pulling on a condom just in case while you go out for a drink.

6. Vallo Frostbane

Vallo Frostbane Avatar

True for all kinds of content, that is not sandbox and player driven.
    [​IMG]

7. Bow Vale

Bow Vale Avatar

I think just for this release maybe, that ransoms should be dropped from the blood bay scene. I am for looting and such as i feel it is totally needed for a means to beat opponents over time/logistics etc, and to reward the better players/team. There was nothing better in UO than being sieged for XX hours with limited reagents/ammo which our present mechanics don't allow for but at least a death is both bad for the loser and good for the winner to a degree. I hate fps gameplay, fight/die/repeat.... But to help people get their feet wet and to make the scene active for all, for at least one release if there is no ransoms there then people can just have fun running around and exploring/fighting/hanging out with no monetary concerns over losses.

8. Vallo Frostbane

Vallo Frostbane Avatar

I would prefer all those anti pk guilds that claim to be anti pk finally start doing something... right now I can reign freely and can make good money from it without being chased or anything ^^

iansmellios likes this.
  9. E n v y

E n v y Avatar

There are anti-pk guilds in the "RP" sense.........in other words if you RP a murderer and you "organise" an attack, they will then defend and run with their script (whatever that may be but will contain a lot of "Thou, Thee and Ye" and maybe even a Pigeon if they need to talk out of character). There are no real anti-pk guilds and those that claim they are only have the skills that extend to clicking a button to report a player for harassment as they are easily offended.

iansmellios likes this.
  10. Gideon Thrax

Gideon Thrax Avatar

I apologize for raising such a stink when targeting/positioning bugs were making it look like you guys were tapping an exploit... I'm sorry.

That said, you and BDF are at the top of my list.

If I ever see you in game or catch BDF outside of his panic room - I will destroy you.

[​IMG]

Corp Por and Beli like this.
  11. Stundorn

Stundorn Avatar

Sounds like a personal war.
    But PVP is just abou fun, isnt it? o_O

Blah... It is what it is.
    And it just exclude the pve player from content.

Well @Chris maybe develop content for both until Release and not just for one small group of players.

Give them their dungeon and they have already the shardfalls and Ruins. No need for more exclusive PvP Scenes.
    They are just a few people and all the others wont ever visit.

12. Vallo Frostbane

Vallo Frostbane Avatar

Funny, because most of the game noone visits... They are trying to change that now finally ;)

Corp Por likes this.
  13. Numa

Numa Avatar

I just want to point out that the same argument can be used against those playing almost exclusively in Single Player Offline. They are nearly as few as the hardcore PvP players an so lack the numbers and influence that other player sectors have. I'd like to think that Portalarium will deliver on most if not all their promises regardless of how many players that particular promise applies to.

14. Stundorn

Stundorn Avatar

@Numa what I do not understand is why the dungeons and scenes what are PvP only now cannot be optional PvP content like everything else when you flag PvP. All content is optional PvP content, the players who want to play competetive just need to flag.
    I understand the want of exclusive PvP scenes and what that means or matters to pvpers, but I don't think I this is really consensual.
    I think this route is taking lot more work than necessary, because PvP just need to accept that there is just CONSENSUAL PvP content, as you are willing to PvP and flag.
    I just don't see a real cause to have this scenes constraint PvP only, although I understand that this exclusiveness gives the PvPers a "matter".
    But because it is of the cost of PvE players who if they don't want to flag - and if this games offers consensual PvP the never should need to - cannot enter specific and lore relevant scenes.

Singleplayer content is the same, it is available for all players, why do the PvPers need scenes to be exclusive PvP only to have a "matter" or meaning?
    The meaning of PvP comes from other things imo.

Duke Gréagóir likes this.
  15. Dartan Obscuro

Dartan Obscuro Avatar

Maybe the magic of some shardfalls should have the effect of capping Avatar's skills?

16. Silis

Silis Avatar

I feel like you frequently imply they are catering to pvp with the dungeon shardfalls and ruins. What about the rest of the game that is PVE, why am I forced to play in a zone where people can freely unflag and ignore me? The answer is because there's nothing else with much of the content, mob density, resource density and everything else that we have to slump away to PVE zones for. Maybe you forgot pve zones force some of us to play in ways that we don't like and find boring.

Audacity likes this.
  17. Stundorn

Stundorn Avatar

Really? Maybe think over and then....

But good idea let's get rid of the PvE and let's play a PvP only game -.-
    Let me think over if i know such a game, completely without PvE.

Sometimes PvPers sound exactly like they want open PvP all ways and everywhere.
    Yes that can be fun, as I already said and that no one misinterprets me, I played a lot of DF back in the Days and some other PvP Games with succes.

Well to me is this what we now have and get, PvP only zones not really consensual, but I can sure life with that.
    But it would have been great if PvPers would also fight for PvP is just an option, always and everywhere and to ask the devs for mechanics that more people want to PvP and aren't forced if they want to visit specific scenes.

Bloodbay as a short way from Drachvald to Brit as PvP Area is OK, but it's not what I understand from consensual.
    It's more like we have consens that if someone don't want to PvP he cannot enter this or that scene and not PvP is consensual.
    If PvP were consensual everybody can enter every scene and decide individually if he want to flag PvP or not.

I am not against Bloodbay, when I entered the game I thought all passes are PvP and maybe they should be.
    The big problem I have with pvp is that the game supports powergaming and many people, especially PK do that and i think a good amount of players did some exploits and makroing on dummy's etc.
    This people are unbeatable ATM for the most moderat and casual players and it will take many month to catch up, if it is possible at all.

18. Vallo Frostbane

Vallo Frostbane Avatar

If you hate powergamers, or in general just people who play better, more efficient than you - don't play games. You are not losing anything here.
    Ultima games are virtual worlds. PVE and PVP come together and are not seperated. That should have been clear to you since they said the online experience will be like Ultima Online, but consensual. Worked like a charm in SWG, but SWG had more sandbox features that kept people playing PLUS the best roleplaying I've seen in an online game so far, where guilds and players could backup what they were claiming to be.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.