Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

[Known]Fizzle Chance Seems to have changed on Air and Fire (Noticeably)

Discussion in 'Release 38 Bug Forum' started by Gamician, Jan 26, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Gamician

Gamician Avatar

1/26/2017 8:46 PM
    Title: Fizzle Chances increase on spells???
    Reproduction Rate: 100%
    Blocker? No, but sure wasted time on skills if they stay this way,
    Details: Air and Fire Skills seemed to have significantly changed in Fizzle Chance. Examples is Fire Fist and Gust were at 0% Fizzle Chance and now for me are at approximately 15%. My Lightning Spells is now at approximately 52% Failure Rate, while Chain Lightning the next spell down is in the 40's. which makes no sense. Earth and Water Spells do not seem to have changed that much. PLEASE RECHECK!!!
    Steps to Reproduce: Put on some Chain or Plate Armor and check.
    User Specs:
    CPU: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-4790 CPU @ 3.60GHz (8) System RAM: 16336
    GPU: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 750 Ti GPU RAM: 2016
    SotA.EarlyAccess.Win.64.543.Date.01.26.17
    Area: Novia
    Area Display Name: Novia
    Loc: (137.1, 14.0, 233.8)

FrostII likes this.
  2. Arya Stoneheart

Arya Stoneheart Avatar

Yeah, Air's Embrace buff fizzle went up by 5%. Also the Enlightenment went up as well. Even the Earthquake and Obsidian Arrow.

I think it is 5% increase across the board. Had to ditch my metal shield for a wood one. Good thing they are for sale now in Etceter.

3. Attenwood

Attenwood Portalarian Emeritus Dev Emeritus

I believe that this is a result of expected changes from math fixes that were made for fizzle chance across the board.

Please provide examples of the most dramatic changes observed. Also, were you equipped with a 2-h or dual wield?

4. Garfunkel Humperdinck

Garfunkel Humperdinck Bug Hunter

1/26/2017 10:01 PM

User Specs:
    CPU: AMD FX(tm)-8350 Eight-Core Processor (8) System RAM: 32663
    GPU: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 6GB GPU RAM: 6084
    SotA.EarlyAccess.Win.64.543.Date.01.26.17
    Area: Ardoris
    Area Display Name: Ardoris
    Loc: (-19.0, 59.5, -147.3)

I'll add that fizzle has gone up a lot even while wearing nothing. Mage nerf?

5. Gamician

Gamician Avatar

@Attenwood, I am wearing Chain Mail Armor with a Plate Helm. I am trained in Polearms and use a 2 handed Halberd. Major changes seem to be in Fire and Air. Three significant differences . I do not have Fire so I'll speak of Air but the Fire seems to have the same problem. Also so we are talking the same issues, I consider the top mage spell like Gust and Fire Fist to be a Level 1 skill and the other to be 2, 3, 4 and 5 based on their position on the Skill Tree.
    Major Problems:

Problem 1: Gust Level 1, Air Spell, was at 0% chance of Fizzle when fully equipped. It is now at 25.6% (That is not 5%). I believe Fire was the same with Fire Fist at 0% and now at 29.2, (no training). This carries through to all the rest of the spell levels. The Water Skill: Level 1 Ice Fist has a Fizzle Rate of 0%. The Earth Spells, Level 1 Stone Fist has a Fizzle Chance of 0%. Why would just those two (Air and Fire) have a Fizzle Rate that high and not 0%.

Problem 2: In the Air, Fire and Water Skill Trees it runs:
    Air Level 2 Discharge 36.2% | Fire Level 2 Fire Arrow 44.2% | Water Level 2 Ice Arrow 10.1%
    Air Level 3 Lightning 51,2% | Fire Level 3 Fire Ball 59,2% | Water Level 3 Ice Field 36.2%
    Air Level 4 Chain Light. 47.2% | Fire Level 4 Ring of Fire 74.2% | Water Level 4 Summon Water Ele. 37.1%
    Air Level 5 Summon Air 93.2% | Fire Level 5 Fire Ele. 89.2% | Water Level 5 Ice Ele. 37.1
    What makes Air different? Why? If I had known this was going to take place I would have trained in Air and forgot the rest. (Percents are all Fizzle Rates.)

Problem 3: In the chart above, in the Air Tree look at difference between Lightning at Level 3 at 51.2% and Chain Lightning at Level 4 at 47.2% Fizzle Rate Lower to cast a Higher Level Spell?? I would think not.

Previous to this release, the Air, Fire and Water skill tress were very close together in Fizzle Rates for each Level. They were all very close to if not exactly like the Water Tree. A 25% increase from 0% for the first level skills and then carrying that through to the next levels is way too big of a jump no matter how big of a mistake existed prior to this release. In fact although I do not know what that mistake was that has been corrected it is hard to believe that it was that big of a mistake to cause such a significant increase in the Fizzle Chances in the Air and Fire Trees while totally ignoring the Water Tree.

Last edited: Jan 27, 2017
    FrostII and StarLord like this.
  6. Arya Stoneheart

Arya Stoneheart Avatar

I use a one handed sword and metal shield with all chain armor.

7. Tracker

Tracker Avatar

I'll second the observation here. Though I've not crunched any numbers on this, I did notice a difference while playing after the patch. I made a comment to a couple of friends while hunting, and they all agreed that something had changed. I'm wearing all leather by the way, and using a two-hander.

Tracker

8. Wintermute of CoF

Wintermute of CoF Avatar

Summon fire elemental has gone from 35% fizzle in R37 to 55% fizzle in R38. No other changes, I was wearing the same gear and standing in the same mine as where I'd last summoned her in R37.

Thanks to RNG I had to cast it 9 times last night to get an elemental to appear.

Two-handed sword. Leather armour.

FrostII likes this.
  9. StarLord

StarLord Avatar

Question: how can I compare R38 to R37 now that R37 is gone? Its too late now to make notes...

10. Wintermute of CoF

Wintermute of CoF Avatar

Did you ever take any screenshots? I could see mine because it's on the non-combat bar.

11. StarLord

StarLord Avatar

screenshot yes, but I only have 2 summons, no real spells.....
    I will check for some older screenshots as well, but have only very few during combat, maybe even none.

12. Attenwood

Attenwood Portalarian Emeritus Dev Emeritus

Created a review ticket to observe the changes. Thank you for the reports.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.