Chained Obsidian Shard - PvP only ... really?

Discussion in 'PvP Gameplay' started by Lasazarr, Jan 27, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Numa

Numa Avatar

Weins. the floating obsidian shard is publicly available in Desolis. No different from the one available for PvP POTS. And I know that visiting a PvP POT is absolutely the last thing you'd want to to do - so that's one content you definitely don't want to ingest.

Sir Frank likes this.
  2. MIdnightvalkyrie

MIdnightvalkyrie Avatar

Wow. Just wow.

I do not pvp and I never will. But unless I misunderstood something, this is a DECORATION piece - as in, something that looks good or not according to your personal preference. It has absolutely no practical purpose other than looks, and some people are still getting butt-hurt over it?

I just don't understand this attitude of "everything has to be available to me, or not available to anyone". You people must be a blast to be around at Christmas time.

3. Berek

Berek Portalarian Emeritus Dev Emeritus

A few points to make here that I hope everyone digests before jumping into future PvE vs PvP discussions:

1 - We have PvE and PvP types of gameplay. This is a fact of the game's current design, and its community, that will remain. PvE is dominant by quite a bit because of the core audience, but not the entire audience. I wouldn't look at one specific thing we add for PvP as overtaking and ruining PvE... that's an exaggeration and an argument that holds no water.

2 - There is no such thing as being forced into PvP, so please stop making these cyclic arguments. PvP incentives are a balance, a risk vs reward. You have plenty of danger getting those incentives if you wish to have them, but are in no way forced to do so in any respect. If PvErs have a problem with PvP, then don't play PvP. It's that simple. And vice versa for PvPers that have concerns with PvE areas. However, if there are direct cross-overs that have balance concerns, then we definitely should talk about them.

3 - A piece of content designed for PvP use is perfectly legitimate when you count the nearly countless number of PvE specific items we've added to the game. There is a balance, and we are barely catching up to the very basic needs of PvP. In no way is this game suddenly becoming PvP only, or even dominated by PvP in any extreme measure. Each player type has a right to content that makes sense for that play type. Ideally, we want to afford the opportunity for players to enjoy both!

4. Game design changes during development, regardless of how much we can practically adhere to the original designs. This is a fact for all games, whether they are Kickstarter based or not. We apologize that this game isn't precisely what was expected for some of you, but know that we are still in development and on this journey with you to make it fun and well worth playing for as many backers as we can make it. Look at what we've accomplished already, because of your support! Let's keep an open mind here and not ruin future prospects for the game and its integrity because an idea wasn't in the original canon.

Hopes this clears up some of the concerns and misconceptions. Thank you for the understanding, Avatars!

Last edited: Jan 29, 2017
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.