Super Sheeple PK Horde Party

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Gideon Thrax, Nov 29, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MrBlight

MrBlight Avatar

oh sweet jesus. If your not rocking a wolf hat the next time i see you im going to be VERY disappointed.

Duke Avery likes this.
  2. CatherineRose

CatherineRose Avatar

I have a question: How do you who are PVP players get ready to go with a group for PVP? What equipment have you found best to use if you are blades or are bow or something else? What is the easiest way to get your inventory ready to go? What are the best Glyphs to use on your deck as well as on yourself to get ready to go? Do you find that killing certain things in certain areas help you get ready for your combat in PVP? Is there anything you want to always remember during the actual combat that you always try to remember?
    It's funny but in asking these questions it makes me feel like I am about to go to war and must be ready! :):eek:

Duke Avery likes this.
  3. Gideon Thrax

Gideon Thrax Avatar

I have a routine of sorts when gearing up for a PVP party... I'm a little more lax when I'm running solo, mainly because I'm headed to scenes where PVP participation isn't known to be a thing yet.

I've separated everything in my inventory into individual bags... I have one bag just for arrows, one for reagents, one for cool stuff (coconuts, Orb, etc.), and a couple more for sorting things so the main inventory area stays uncluttered. Oh and nothing I put in my bag is lootable less the reagents and arrows. Everything I carry is a protected item (pledge, add-on, telethon) or something I'm willing to lose.

Ok, on to the getting ready part:
    • Dump everything from my main inventory into an empty container in my house.
    • Open the Combat Decks UI and select what I'm heading out with.
    • Mouse over all skills in the deck that require reagents and note anything I may need to add
    • Check my weight on the arrows bag (or mouse over a ranged skill for qty of arrows) and make a note if I need to pick any up
    • Check the durability stats on all my gear and weps and make a note of anything I may need for repairs
    • Swing by merchant shops as required for reagents and arrows
    • I don't auto stack, so when I buy arrows they drop into my inventory in stacks of 24 by default and that's fine. I just move them all over to the arrows bag.
    • For any new purchases of reagents, I go into my inventory, move them all over to the reagent bag and then unstack them... this can take a few minutes. With one hand, hold Ctrl and with the other hand use your mouse to pull the stacks apart. It takes a few minutes - but as PK/Gank Insurance goes, it's not that cruel of a time sink.
    • Check my weight (don't want to become encumbered if I'm doing any harvesting)
    I've been experimenting with deck builds and having a blast learning new combos and tricks... the one glyph I'm favoring in every deck now is Knight's Grace - it removes stun and knockdown effects and now that I'm using it I'm finding it's changing how I play. This one glyph is worth all the added weight of heavy armor, imo. For practicing on mobs - hit as high above your weight-class as possible. Hardened Skeletons, Ferocious Reds, Obsidian Wolves/Bears, Control Points. For PVP against a PKer- punish your opponent as much as possible with debuffs. PKers really do have a great advantage with stunning if they can catch you not looking... using Knight's Grace you can break the stun and counter attack.

I'm new to this PVP thing and might have to change the way I do everything when I unlock a new glyph or when the next major release goes live, so this may all be OBE next week. :) And keep the Nearby Players window pinned open and watch for the unknown player (?) to appear.

Last edited: Dec 13, 2016
    iansmellios and CatherineRose like this.
  4. CatherineRose

CatherineRose Avatar

Thank you very much. I will try all you have suggested. This is much appreciated.

Duke Avery likes this.
  5. Gideon Thrax

Gideon Thrax Avatar

Headed out for some final hours 25% PVP grinding... and to the PKers... I got something for you - come try me out :)

Anyone wanting to party, shoot me a whisper in game (Gideon Thrax) and we'll link up... I'm thinking DR, Ulfheim, or maybe some CP action.

6. Gideon Thrax

Gideon Thrax Avatar

Phase2 has commenced. And I'm still mitigating the lootability of my inventory and wearing and using starter stat gear + a cool relic belt I picked up that boosts my weight capacity to over 1000 :D I can carry a bazillion arrows!

And I'm still a total newb! About Phase2 - I just launched a guild - Blood Nation - and I intend to take up residence in Blood Bay once property deeds can be placed. If you're still on the fence about getting into PVP - now's as good a time as any. Don't wait for end game - by then it'll be too late. Hellz bellz... I have no GM skills and I'm still wearing starter gear!

[​IMG]

7. mercster

mercster Avatar

Haha, he used to be good but now he's evil. Well done!

Numa, 3devious and Audacity like this.
  8. Gideon Thrax

Gideon Thrax Avatar

If evil means protecting the integrity of the Daring Adventurer, then yes... I'm so evil it hurts! Muhahahaha

Audacity and mercster like this.
  9. mercster

mercster Avatar

Well...this "daring adventurer" construct you've created is kinda arbitrary. You used to defend the helpless flaggers who weren't really into the whole PvP scene...now you're running them out! I support you, though. ;-)

10. mass

mass Avatar

Are sheets of paper lootable in PVP? Like, filling up your inventory with sheets of paper would lower the probability of having something else looted?

11. Gideon Thrax

Gideon Thrax Avatar

They're only running out if I can't catch them first. lol
    No more pretenders - anyone can PVP - all you have to do is BE READY

CatherineRose likes this.
  12. Gideon Thrax

Gideon Thrax Avatar

I don't know - I've thought about writing a bunch of notes and poetry and stacking those into my inventory for folks to loot... make a mini game of sorts and offer prayers, boasts, heckles, and coupons and prizes to folks haha

3devious likes this.
  13. mass

mass Avatar

I spent about 6 hours in blood bay with all pledge gear and an inventory full of notes, but didn't encounter any PVP. Was just curious if my strategy was doomed to failure.

14. Gideon Thrax

Gideon Thrax Avatar

It's not a construct - it's the bonus you get for flagging - when you flag you become a Daring Adventurer! Flagging to get the bonus and grind is fine, so long as you're ready ... the problems start kicking up when people flag for the bonus and DON'T PVP. PVP is as much a part of this game as decorating - you don't get to be the daring adventurer without the flag - and you don't get the flag without consenting to PVP.

Coming into PVP as a sheep or a newb is hard enough - harder still when the expectation that you don't have to PVP is propagated... then folks come screaming back to the forums and cry until things are changed and nerfed. All that does is hurt PVP. So, I'm doing what I can to promote real PVP. Mitigate your loadout, don't worry about GMs, join a party, enjoy freedom of movement while flagged, and BE READY for PVP!

15. 3devious

3devious Avatar

Please take this to the PVP section, we don't want your kind here!
    Just kidding, I am only butthurt because my pride won't let me flag until I can take a hit from Valor. I don't mind being killed but I am too embarrassed about being 1 shoted.

16. Soylent Green

Soylent Green Avatar

I ran around blood bay about 15 minutes and could not figure out where to go gave up and logged out. Wound up on basalt mountain looking down on city I think.
    My video card was struggling a little too so I'll adjust it.
    Which side is the blue side? N,S,E,W?

17. Gix

Gix Avatar

@Duke Avery Seriously? You have 717 HP, 99 STR, 65 DEX, 61 INT and you call yourself a "newbie"? I know you're motivated but geez, man; not everyone has that kind of leveled up character.

I have 350 HP, 40 STR, 50 DEX and I can't make a DENT vs anyone.

NE, I believe.

Last edited: Feb 1, 2017
    Numa, Soylent Green and StarWeed like this.
  18. Numa

Numa Avatar

[​IMG]

19. Filter Bubble Algorithm

Filter Bubble Algorithm Avatar

i have pickpockets quite a few books in my earlier levels, most of the time, it was books that were there specifically for thieves :D so yes, they work fine, but they need to have value, 0 value books/notes wont be part of the draw, i still carry all the books ive stolen and acquired in my travels, got about 35 lingering in my sack. also you can carry a bunch of mugs of beer/ale if you dont want to risk losing equipables since they count as equipables, also another trick is to carry loads of fragments which weight next to nothing if you dont want to risk losing reagents
    for referencem when i pvp, i have about 200 weight of gear, reagents and crap :p all in specified "sacks" since they can be dropped on a lot when I go to harvest as opposed to backpacks and pouches which cannot

Last edited: Feb 2, 2017
    mass likes this.
  20. Patchup

Patchup Avatar

If you use bags/backpacks in your character inventory, the stacks and items inside are lootable but the entire bag is not considered an item and therefore not lootable.

Is this correct?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.