Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

New Combat Focus regen rate is way too low :D

Discussion in 'Release 38 Feedback Forum' started by GrayFog, Jan 31, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. runicpaine

runicpaine Avatar

That might be true in some or most cases, but this is the specific reason they have expressed to me why they aren't playing.... so I'm only speaking truth and fact here, not speculation.

helomech likes this.
  2. majoria70

majoria70 Avatar

And the other side of balance is to balance buffs, potions, food, and armor/weapon to provide better counters to the problem. Do any of you perhaps think that is the point? Why do we need any of these things if they cannot help us and if we don't need to utilize what's in the game. Is fixing combat balance going to balance that the potions and food are viable and necessary parts to the puzzle? It does concern me a bit to just fix one aspect that destroys another.

@Chris

Last edited: Feb 2, 2017
  3. Bow Vale

Bow Vale Avatar

I'm ok with the combat focus regen being lowered so long as food and potions are an adequate substitute but they are not. Getting i think a 0.8 combat focus regen from one of the best 4 hr foods Bear Surprise it barely makes a dent helping keep focus up. The potions which i think are a great idea need to be stronger in effect and some of the high tier ones that need talons/skulls/heads etc need to have their stats and times buffed massively to make it even worthwhile in producing. This is now a GREAT opportunity to get the player economy and crafting started and producing a market for something in the game that hasn't been needed up to now and that's why I'm ok with the base levels having been dropped from the regen...but it does need a counter.

4. runicpaine

runicpaine Avatar

I agree, If they want to lower the base regen then fine, but don't nerf food also, if anything boost it. Food and potions have such great potential for fueling the player economy, but right now all I'm doing with them is stock-piling until they become more worthwhile and valuable hopefully.

5. AthenaBorune

AthenaBorune Avatar

I am feeling the pain here. I have to run away to not die green mobs due to lack of focus (air mage). I dont see that I should suddenly have to worry about dying to green easy mobs when only pulling a couple at a time (most zones have them come at u more than just one at a time anyways.) I could see if they were higher level and I was having to cast for long periods of time or if I wasnt stacking cards... Maybe I should try poking them in the eye with my wands when I run out of focus? *snicker*

I use way more reagents in this build than any other because of reagent use chance on them (chain lightning and lightning) so thats the drawback to being more powerful, you spend way more gold doing it. I look through the blade tree and other "combat" trees... do they need reagents? no. I spend about 6-7k gold on reagents on a good LONG day of playing (with potion of conservation). Archers are between that paying for arrows. Doing something that nerfs the mages this hard makes no sense to me. 80-90% of my melee friends are still happy and not having problems (not all), and a few archers I know are still managing to find it playable... but none of my caster friends can hardly solo at all now even when going to lower level zones. If I am spending a ton of gold to play my build maybe it should be a little better for soloing than the guy running around not paying anything? Not worse and almost unplayable... This is just my opinion though.

So IN MY EYES I see the best characters in the game with current set up being the guys that pay nothing (melee), the middle man (archer) still paying the middle amount and being worse than the guy paying nothing, and the worst (mage) paying out the booty and struggling to solo.

I do not deny that it may have been too high of a regeneration before, but the point it has been brought down to is WAY too low. If it is to make food and potions necessary then increase what food does and set it back to full regin at least? Food isnt hardly worth it at this point still, even with food still more down time than up.

Numa likes this.
  6. Gix

Gix Avatar

Fair enough.

Are we talking about magic-enhanced melee or the traditional "I'm wearing armour and I have a sword" melee? Because there's an important distinction to be had when it comes to discussing about how "weak" magic users are.

Seems to me the hybrids are eating our share of the cake.

On an related topic, tons of players are complaining about fizzle chance now... kind of makes you wonder...

7. Zapatos80

Zapatos80 Avatar

To be honest, the problem is not so much the amount but the fact they changed regen starting when you don't use glyphs for 5 secs to being COMPLETELY out of combat (weapons sheathed, peace bar of glyphs up). That's the insane nerf right there. All the other stuff only makes it worse.

Obviously, Aesthetic Feedback not working at all in combat makes 0 sense (a reactive skill you have to use after a spell crit that only gives regen after the fight, you're completely out of combat???).

Patch 550 is here at least :

• Gustball now works again with Gust

We can rest easy :p

8. Gatsu.

Gatsu. Avatar

@DarkStarr @Chris
    another patch .. and still no focus changes... i don't play this day. waste of time

ahahhaahahaha

helomech, Prime2 and GrayFog like this.
  9. AthenaBorune

AthenaBorune Avatar

@Gix , Not saying magic users are weak now by any means but we cant solo hardly with the focus nerf. We cant swing our non-existent swords at it when we are out of focus. We have to stand and wait even with mobs on us in light armor and if we move our spells cost even more. For long fights or chain pulling i understand using focus potions but i dont personally feel i should be spamming them just to go solo little green guys without dying. Yes, if you are a hybrid which i left out, i can see that ur taking a hit also but not all of that has to do with focus regeneration and probably needs attention on a different thread so i left it out. It was based off nothing but the ability to solo, not how weak one class was vs the other. My explanation of what i mean sucks but hopefully u get the idea.

Before this hard nerf it was more fair across the board for all classes on a solo level, could have used a LITTLE nerf to focus to make it better and received a HUGE one instead making it very difficult to solo for some builds much more than others. It is highly unbalanced due to this focus change and i hope they can see that and not just that some are saying "well its fine for me so you must not be doing it right" or "i can adjust" when they are playing fully different characters that arent effected by the change as much as others were.

helomech likes this.
  10. Gix

Gix Avatar

@Elucidous Yes, but what I'm effectively saying is that, while you have a problem, why does it absolutely have to be focus regen that needs adjustment? You identify focus regeneration as being the problem but I'm suggesting that the problem lies elsewhere; fix THAT.

11. AthenaBorune

AthenaBorune Avatar

@Gix K, i can go for that. how do u suggest fixing it? I say we bring up the regeneration on food for one to make it more useful and desired by everyone as i had stated. how else can this be fixed other than focus regeneration? the only other way i see possible is to start tweaking and lowering costs of spells in the trees that are being harshly impacted or greatly improving the effects of inner calm which is still going to hurt the new guy just starting out because its a bit farther down the tree. Your idea?

If you really think finding an alternative to tweaking focus regeneration is the answer try creating a new thread where your idea can be posted with other peoples comments and their ideas? Might take off in a good direction and help the dev team.

helomech likes this.
  12. Turk Key

Turk Key Avatar

Part of this problem is that "focus" is used for more than one meaning. A fighter loses Stamina while fighting. To regain Stamina requires reduced activity. It should not matter if the weapon is sheathed. I am not a great user of magic, and not familiar with what focus regen is for magic abilities, but am assuming that focus regen may require disarming. Sorry I cannot flesh this out more, but perhaps using focus/stamina as the same thing could be messing with the balance between melee and magic.

Numa likes this.
  13. Barugon

Barugon Avatar

The combat focus regeneration boost for food should be double what it currently is.

14. Turk Key

Turk Key Avatar

I think that food is proper for combat stamina maintenance and a potion or some other type of magical mushroom food would be appropriate for combat magic focus maintenance.

15. Rada Torment

Rada Torment Community Ambassador (ES)

All complaints sounds dramatic. I'm archer using magic and with food I don't have any issue. There is a difference? sure, but we should learn from changes, not wait to see changes for our needs. Stop spamming skills and start using charged/auto attacks (for mages low focus spells) between skills, thats a new way to play for some :D

16. Cypher Black

Cypher Black Avatar

For everyone who thinks focus regeneration (in or out of combat) is too slow: I agree.
    For everyone else: I disagree

Please Port, speed up focus regeneration,

Thanks,

Cypher Black

17. Laurana

Laurana Avatar

Saying green mobs doesn't really help. When your mid 50s green has a whole lot less hp then when your in your 90s. I'm not having much trouble as a full mage with shield and wand in cloth against yellow mobs as long as I take them in groups instead of trying to do one at a time back to back. I rarely run out of focus and if I do it's usually because I messed up or something new spawned in before I finished the fight.

18. Gatsu.

Gatsu. Avatar

seems that Archers can fight like old times (R37 i mean) with this focus regeneration.. this mean that developer who change these % are probably an archer... and that PROBABLY archers on old release of games are advantaged .... i supposed this on past when i see a my friend (archer) using wears to increase DEX and INT ... (mine as a bludgeon user increases STR and FOCUS)

probably a possible new FIX need to increase FOCUS USE of Archers... to make the game BALANCED on PVE ... and after that .. a small gain of focus % during fight to everyone.

19. Kara Brae

Kara Brae Avatar

Focus regeneration is too slow. I have only spells, no weapon. Even after eating something like Bear Steak and Potatoes I waste a lot of time standing around waiting for focus to regenerate. At adv level 73 I only go to 1-4 skull zones by myself anyway.

20. Spinok

Spinok Avatar

Seems you need to think a little bit, adapt and stop drama.
    Earthquake still can give more than 400+ to single target and 2000 dmg aoe. (no archer skill can give same) Ring of fire still works great and many more.

Rada Torment likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.