Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

New Combat Focus regen rate is way too low :D

Discussion in 'Release 38 Feedback Forum' started by GrayFog, Jan 31, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Zader

Zader Avatar

Seems like more of a pulling the band-aid off move instead of trying another small nerf to help people cope.

I agree, seems a bit too low now...even with food, which I do appreciate having to use.

2. GrayFog

GrayFog Avatar

Neither do i, expecially on an single Target like Feriocious Spiders.
    Same with mass pulls, i don't run out of focus there.

You missed the whole point.
    It's the MANY pauses you have to make in between each pull/fight now which is ultra annoying.
    It wasn't so bad in R36/37

And btw. i kill all the stuff you just listed... believe it or not, way way faster than you. Skills do a lot more dmg but also do cost a lot more!
    There is an huge difference between ADV. Level 85 and 97, millions and millions of XP.

Last edited: Feb 3, 2017
    helomech and By Tor like this.
  3. GrayFog

GrayFog Avatar

catch up first, and then lets talk again.

helomech likes this.
  4. HogwinHD

HogwinHD Avatar

im level 106, nearly 107.. just saying...

Net and GrayFog like this.
  5. By Tor

By Tor Avatar

Just like nearly every single poster here, I am sickened at how slow focus regeneration is. It went from one extreme (too quick last release) to way, way, WAYYY too slow. I'm confident that the devs will make the proper adjustments soon. Right, devs? Right??

6. Barugon

Barugon Avatar

As an archer, I can tell you that I cannot fight like I was able to in R37, so stop crying for more nerfs.

helomech, discipleofweb and GrayFog like this.
  7. GrayFog

GrayFog Avatar

You didn't even notice that the behaviour, how combat focus regens now changed :p
    Hint: it doesn't matter anymore when you cast a spell, your focus, while in combat keeps regenerating, no matter when you actually use a skill/spell now. There is no pause anymore after you used a skill/spell while in combat :p

You talk like you know everything, but the truth is, you know nothing Jon Snow...

By Tor likes this.
  8. GrayFog

GrayFog Avatar

You are wrong :D

helomech, Gatsu. and By Tor like this.
  9. HogwinHD

HogwinHD Avatar

i have Gm train INT, over 1000 Focus pool, dual wands and my focus Pool still runs dry quick, so no, im not playing wrong, the nerf was too extreme and needs to be fixed.

10. Filter Bubble Algorithm

Filter Bubble Algorithm Avatar

i dont kill anything 1on1, i always aoe pull and still dont run out of focus, but yea, the regen after 4 sec pause was what I liked, if that changed, im all for bringing it back

11. Filter Bubble Algorithm

what are you spamming? which spells? why shouldnt spamming emtpy your focus? Are you failing to kill something 1on1 by spamming all your focus into oblivion? if that is the case, then something is definatly wrong, but i can kill 7-8 yellows at the same time and not go under 50% focus....

I not getting the same empty focus problems everyone else is having

I use death, ice, air and fire

12. GrayFog

GrayFog Avatar

And you never have to take a break now after each Fer.Spider & possible adds to regen focus? :D
    Are you actually playing the same game? Are you playing at all?
    Theese questions are actually valid considering you didn't know about all changes...

And trust me, if they would put in the 4 sec pause now, it would be even worse.

But who do i talk to, you are only 85, your skills (focus cost wise) are still easy to manage :p

helomech likes this.
  13. kaeshiva

kaeshiva Avatar

Getting focus problems playing as melee. Getting focus problems playing as mage. Even eating surprise food, I'm out of focus completely after killing a couple greens. Aetheric feedback doesn't seem to be doing anything, the tooltip is a lie. Its really horrible, I hope its fixed =/

14. By Tor

By Tor Avatar

+ infinity

It's so bad, I'm thinking it's a bug. I can't imagine this was done by the devs intentionally.

helomech, Prime2 and FrostII like this.
  15. Net

Net Avatar

I am level 61. Does not mean I do not know how to play or how to get xp, just have chosen not to use some things. Besides someone has to see how the things change for lower levels;)

Not sure about focus wise managing skills though, while I can stack spells and not run out of focus easily, the trouble is it takes forever to kill higher level stuff usually. And when I do 1 damage to Lich with searign ray I get bit disappointed.

PS: Tap Soul and Aetheric Feedback need some serious love, those spells are horrible at high levels, but I cannot find the right words to describe them at lower levels.

PPS: Try iamgine using focus potions as low level mage alchemist. You need several to kill a mob that has stuff worth 100 gold if you are lucky, more often it is around 10 gold. And they cost about 60 gold to make each. Not to mention the cost of reagents in fight with skills at lower levels...

Numa and Gurney2 like this.
  16. Filter Bubble Algorithm

pure mage
    0 downtime for me (no harvesting)
    I guess adv lvl 85 is in the goldylock zone...

but why oh why did they remove the 4 secs spellweaving part?!

17. Garfunkel Humperdinck

Garfunkel Humperdinck Bug Hunter

R37 I ran out of focus before the end of each fight.

R38 I couldn't run out of focus no matter what I tried.

Now it's just right... for me at least. :) I'm not running out, but could with non-stop spamming. Seems balanced to me.

Adventurer level 54. Mage build, basic gear, all Tier 1 & 2 spells all at level 45. I've always sheathed between fights like a good avatar. No food or potions. Nothing special.

EDDYCORP, Laurana, Numa and 1 other person like this.
  18. Numa

Numa Avatar

I'm lower level than you and and have just gained my first handful of 3rd level spells. My primary damage deliverers are ice/earth fist+magic arrows. Very careful about how I use ice field since I've noticed my focus going down appreciably for the first time in ages. I forsee having to take steps once earthquake becomes my staple offensive spell.

Note that I built up my stats/HP/focus with the typical hybrid melee/magic build so I didn't start out as a mage. And I still fallback to a bow or 2handed polearm when pressed.

What a beginning pure mage is going through I can only imagine.

GrayFog, FrostII, Net and 2 others like this.
  19. Gatsu.

Gatsu. Avatar

2 new patches.... and nothing about focus ... another day without playing..

BTW... seems that low level player.. 10-60 lvl can play with this focus ...
    i ask these people to think about their future... me and a lot of players that started R32 with knowledge of 1/2 years of prelpha have ADV LVL from 90/110 (maybe more) ... playing just 2/4 hours per day.
    the new focus rules forces people with LVL<70 to not be able to reach LVL 90 (at least) in humanly acceptable time. (for a game i mean)
    i've some friends at these levels... and i'm sorry to say to these people that for me and many other players the level-up was easy ... and this thing is over ...
    they talk about advancement from LVL 61 to 62... i smile... i dont' talk.. but my mind think about how many millions of experience needs to reach LVL 100 from LVL 99 ... 70 millions ? 100 millions ? how to make this pool if i'm not able to kill 6 skeletons at the same time? this stops me to play.

Last edited: Feb 4, 2017
    helomech, Numa, Kara Brae and 4 others like this.
  20. Laurana

Laurana Avatar

It's not a bad thing when it takes a little time to level up. I'm around level 60 I guess, I don't really keep up with it because it's not that important to me. The important part is having fun on the way and I'm not having any trouble with that.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.