Understanding how Aetheric Feedback works

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Jamist, Feb 2, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jamist

Jamist Avatar

Cooldown: 39.8 seconds
    +41 Focus for 60 seconds
    +20 Focus Regen for 0 - 60 seconds

I get the =41 Focus for 60 Seconds

But what does +20 Regen mean? Its obvious what the term Regen means but + 20?

+20 what? +20 points per minute, +20 points per second, +20 % rate?

2. Filter Bubble Algorithm

Filter Bubble Algorithm Avatar

currently broken https://www.shroudoftheavatar.com/f...heric-feedback-focus-regen-not-working.78831/
    https://www.shroudoftheavatar.com/f...cus-regen-buff-even-if-no-crit-occured.78207/

it used to mean +20 focus regen in and out of combat; which meant that after 4 secs of not casting, combat focus regen kicks in which is really slow but this would add +20 points to it

K1000 likes this.
  3. Silis

Silis Avatar

it is +20 per second mana regen out of combat. Currently this means you have to put your weapon away and and exit combat to take advantage of the spell. Its rather underwhelming in its current form.

K1000 likes this.
  4. Jamist

Jamist Avatar

Hmm, ok, thank you. Not sure how beneficial this would be in combat, but I guess that's the point, its not meant to be helpful in combat at all. Hopefully there is a big tree I can hide behind while I +20 :)

K1000 likes this.
  5. Toadster

Toadster Avatar

It is a difficult spell to use.

Have to time you caste to after you land a critical hit from a glyph.

So if your Melee and your auto attack Ceuta and you caste you wasted it on the wrong yellow number. If your in a party there is now way to tell if it was your crit or someone else's to know when to caste.

K1000 and Retro like this.
  6. lildoc

lildoc Avatar

Currently the 'after crit' is also broken. the +20 focus regen is activated even if you're not attacking something. Its just doesn't apply while in combat.

K1000 and Retro like this.
  7. Toadster

Toadster Avatar

I believe it applies but only 1/5 in combat. The 20 is for out of combat 4 would be in combat which is next to nothing.

8. Borg

Borg Avatar

Yes, before R38 we had a crit sound effect so it was easy to know when to use aetheric feedback, but after R38 that sound effect is gone.....hope they fix that too.

Numa likes this.
  9. Barugon

Barugon Avatar

Really? Aetheric Feedback gives you a straight +4 combat focus regeneration? If so then that's better than any food or potion.

10. Zapatos80

Zapatos80 Avatar

Aetheric Feedback, more like Aesthetic Feedback

11. Toadster

Toadster Avatar

No it is not a straight focus like food where you get x focus per tick. I believe aetheric feedback is a +20 mana regen. Which is practically noting per tick but I would have to test it to see what the numbers correlate to in focus gain.

12. Barugon

Barugon Avatar

I tested this out. Aetheric Feedback gives you some amount of extra focus (depending on the skill level) and 20 extra focus per second recovery out of combat. It does nothing for your in-combat focus regeneration, unless the tool-tip is correct and you use it immediately after scoring a critical hit with a spell. I cannot test that part because, being an archer, I have no attack spells. Maybe someone else would be so kind as to test that?

[edit] The out-of-combat focus regeneration could still be useful as long as you remember to use Aetheric Feedback before switching out of combat mode (as you cannot put the glyph on your non-combat hot-bar).

[edit2] Also, it gives you 40 + skill level extra focus, so 100 extra focus at skill level 60, etc.

[edit3] One more thing. The "extra focus" is empty, meaning if you have say a 400 focus pool and 60 Aetheric Feedback then it'll grow your pool to 500 but you still only have 400 focus (minus the 7 it costs for Aetheric Feedback) for one minute.

Last edited: Feb 4, 2017
    discipleofweb likes this.
  13. Toadster

Toadster Avatar

Lot of people don't realize that aetheric feedback works with any glyph crit including weopon crits. Unless that was abug and they fixed it. You use to be able to look at the buff icon under your health bar after casting to see if you got the FR bonus

Barugon likes this.
  14. Barugon

Barugon Avatar

I'll give that a try.

[edit] I tried this out and it doesn't work.

Last edited: Feb 4, 2017
  15. runicpaine

runicpaine Avatar

Last I checked it's bugged and no matter what tells you that you have the regen bonus. But if you watch your focus, there's no difference at all. I haven't gotten it to work at all since the last stupid nerf.

16. Borg

Borg Avatar

Its broken you dont need to deliver a critical hit to make regen bonus to work, just cast it at any time go out of combat and see how your focus bar fills.

Barugon likes this.
  17. kaeshiva

kaeshiva Avatar

Yeah this spell was the saving grace after the LAST time focus base rates got nerfed to unplayability. Aetheric made things possible again.
    Hopefully it gets fixed to actually work in combat because its pretty pointless if it doesn't.

18. Arya Stoneheart

Arya Stoneheart Avatar

Yeah that's what I do. Usually keep it on then drop out of combat, put buffs back on and go back in combat.

Barugon likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.