Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

Auto targeting changes target if hostile crosses line of sight on original target

Discussion in 'Release 38 Bug Forum' started by Acaelus Fireharp, Jan 31, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Acaelus Fireharp

Acaelus Fireharp Avatar

From patch notes for build 548:

Changed auto attack to only select a hostile target that has targeted the player.

Seems to work well but if a hostile passes between an Avatar and his/her target, auto targeting switches target to the closer hostile.

Rada Torment and Ryuko Matoi like this.
  2. Aliana Berry

Aliana Berry Avatar

My auto attack is now switching to closed target and not the target I have locked in. Also my Archer Auto attack fires 2 times and then puase for a long random number of seconds before fireing again. Sometime quiet long. I think this is because I am an archer and I fight with a cobat pet. so even when in combat, my pet is tanking the damage so my auto atack stops. A real problem when supporting my pet. This means the only attacks I have as archer when my pet tanks are my fouces users, so puts more strain on my already low fouces from having a combat pet out.

Last edited: Feb 1, 2017
  3. Vignir

Vignir Avatar

I also notice the issue with auto attack now switching to the closest target. Makes it very hard to fight a bunch of mobs at once. You can't focus on killing one.

I've tried double clicking on the target I want to stay on as well as using the g key to cycle through. This does not prevent the target from switching.

Edit: Using ranged. Not tested (by me) with other attacks.

4. FrostII

FrostII Bug Hunter

See, that's one of the major problems with attack now.
    If we have selected a target and we have it's health bar up to see damage, suddenly the GAME decides that either another mob should be YOUR target - or - the health bar of the target that YOU selected just up and vanishes for no reason.
    This is what makes melee so damn hard now... :mad:

5. Aliana Berry

Aliana Berry Avatar

I have also noticed that when I lock a single target. IE: "I have a sold red circle". It brakes and goes back to the broken red circle. Then I have to retarget. Its realy bad atm. This happens even on a single target. Fighting mobs is a nightmare.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.