1. Here you will find official announcements and updates. These announcements are also linked in the Official SotA Discord server.
    We encourage comments from the community! To keep the announcements official, we ask that comment threads be created in the General forums for player input.

Thanks!

Submission Thread for Boss Battle of the Avatar Screenshot Contest

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Berek, Feb 1, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Berek

Berek Portalarian Emeritus Dev Emeritus

[​IMG]

Contest is over, winners have been announced here!

This thread is for submissions and direct responses to submissions to the Boss Battle of the Avatar Screenshot Contest ONLY. Please post questions in the Announcement Thread.

No go slay those bosses, Avatars!

Last edited: Feb 13, 2017
  2. mercster

mercster Avatar

[​IMG]

EDIT: Do not consider this a submission; I had almost nothing to do with the final death of the creature, and I do not have a non-UI capture. Just thought I'd post for fun. :)

Last edited: Feb 2, 2017
    Berek, Alexander and majoria70 like this.
  3. Balec Fares deCani

Balec Fares deCani Avatar

At the base of the fortress Hilt, the shadow of the Obsidian still contaminates the grand scenery of Nightshade Pass (0.5, 6.0, -17.0). Like a nightmare from a storybook, a perverse creature had taken up residence beside the bridge. I wanted to believe that it was simply so we could watch the sun rise in peace, but to this day, I still don't know what swayed me to come; yesterday's sunrise could easily have been my last.

The beast was easily the size of ten men, yet he was upon me and I never saw him coming. His mighty stomp sent tremors through the ground and my teeth alike, while I could almost taste his last foul meal on his roar.

[​IMG]

My body was broken by his mighty swing and I struggled to take each breath.
    [​IMG]

Just when I thought him nearly vanquished, he ripped pieces from the very mountain, hurling them with astonishing ease and accuracy.
    [​IMG]

I almost lost my resolve that day, when, exhausted, and fearing the end, I saw the look in my own eyes upon his face.
    [​IMG]

The moment was over, and, as he bared his brutal fangs, I stepped back, preparing my final blow...
    [​IMG]

Berek, DarkStarr, rild and 14 others like this.
  4. Vooch

Vooch Avatar

Khaza, Shade Baneborn, Berek and 6 others like this.
  5. Barugon

Barugon Avatar

AAAaaaaaaaa....... bloody spiders!

[​IMG]

Well, not really boss level. :oops:

Berek, rild, Alexander and 2 others like this.
  6. sam101688

sam101688 Avatar

Location: Area: Southern Grunvald Barrens (Novia_R4_Desert01_01) Loc: (-115.5, 168.1, -161.7)

Night Walkers Guild Members: Lialyn Hunter, Dilligaf, Despothes, Oziel Bahroud, Sitting Bull, Tegner, and Opal Luna

Our Boss Hunting Adventure:

The Night Walkers night began at the new POT Festival’s release party. After a few drinks, gambling in the basement, and a few drunken brawls later, we adventured out for our normal guild hunting. Festival was a wee bit too cold for our liking and we searched for a warmer climate. We stumbled into Southern Grunvald Barrens and worked up a sweat climbing a plateau that has been rumored to have a dragon’s nest. Oziel Bahroud suggested we cool off and all of sudden we were fighting the dragon nude. It was a tough standoff with no armor to protect ourselves, but we the Night Walkers availed. No sooner did we slay the dragon did the paparazzi show up and began taking snap shots of our skillful fighting. We quickly equipped our armor and worked together as a team to slay the dragon in Southern Grunvald Barrens. WE ARE NIGHT WALKERS!

PHOTO 1
    Starting our night in Festival!

[​IMG]

PHOTO 2
    Nude Dragon Fighting!

[​IMG]

PHOTO 3
    Paparazzi Snapping Photos and it looks like Dilligaf needs a bathroom break!

[​IMG]

PHOTO 4
    Dragon preparing to breathe fire!

[​IMG]

PHOTO 5
    Paparazzi view of dragon right before death!

[​IMG]

We hope you all enjoy!

7. Gideon Thrax

Gideon Thrax Avatar

We fought for hours.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Berek, DarkStarr, rild and 6 others like this.
  8. Shade Baneborn

Shade Baneborn Avatar

Recalling back some months ago, ah I almost feel like another person so much has happened since then....
    It was a glorious day for adventuring and I found myself to an unfamiliar area in Nightshade Pass. Until now I'd only braved just the edges of this region, knowing that death surely waited for me further within. To my surprise I managed to handle several thugs in the hills and made my way downwards in the direction of a large lake that I had seen in the distance. Encountering a few wolves, and even a bear I was excited at the prospects this new area presented - the fishing was even decent!

So much exertion left me feeling weak and I saw a large welcoming oak tree nearby whose shade surely held respite for a wounded adventurer as myself...imagine my surprise!
    [​IMG]
    HELLO FRIENDLY!

Quickly on my way from there I proceeded back up the hill and noticed an off path from the bandits camp....curious. Oh my! Rare minerals....and...a lesson learned:
    Never bring a hunting knife to a fire elemental fight!!

[​IMG]

Berek, DarkStarr, rild and 3 others like this.
  9. Sheamus McGuinness

Sheamus McGuinness Avatar

One evening as I was enjoy a fine pint of Brittany ale at my favorite dockside pub I heard tale of a new fantastical beast made from steal and fire that was set loose upon the new volcano island of Blood Bay. Patrons gathered around a brothers, friends, cousins uncle who had seen the beast face to face and described such horrors on that island that no mere mortal would dare set foot there.

Well.. after a pint or 6 I decided it would be a good idea to convince my mates in EVL to join me on a quest for this new beasts head (or perhaps even the mythical dragon neckbone thats not in game for some reason! *wink*).

Not wasting time, we sprang into action as soon as our boat reached the bloody waters of the Isle of Bones. Area: Blood Bay (Novia_R3_Island01_01) Loc: (-630.5, 19.0, -25.2)

[​IMG]

The mechanical beast was larger then any we had previously encountered.

[​IMG]

It was a long fought battle, but in the end the wicked beast was slain by the mighty warriors of EVL!

[​IMG]

I stand victorious this day with yet another tale to drink and sing about for ages to come! Sheamus 1, Clockwork Dragon 0

[​IMG]

Last edited: Feb 12, 2017
  10. Kaffien

Kaffien Avatar

Blue Rose Isle, Crafters Town, Black Rock Cove
    The BMC decided to take on the Dragon one evening and then we figured hey why not the Phoenix? We had a few more Avatars in need of feathers from the Fire Chicken aka the Phoenix.

Charge of the Fire Chicken! I'm glad I was able to side stepping the charging
    charbroiled walking poultry. The same cannot be said for the man holding the
    shield to my right.
    [​IMG]

The Dragon kept us busy for quite a while in The Rise. It has us running all over the place. The archers barely know which way to shoot. The healers knew not who to heal, except everyone
    at once always. Great times!

[​IMG]

Last edited: Feb 9, 2017
    Berek, Barugon, DarkStarr and 3 others like this.
  11. Krasavcheg

Krasavcheg Avatar

Bloody fight with Arachnairn Deathbringer...

[​IMG]

Clockwork Dragon goes down..
    [​IMG]

Berek, DarkStarr, rild and 2 others like this.
  12. Paggy Holisy

Paggy Holisy Avatar

1. Blood Bay (Novia_R3_Island01_01) Loc: (-630.5, 19.0, -25.2)
    2. Southern Grunvald Barrens (Novia_R4_Desert01_01) Loc: (-115.5, 168.1, -161.7)

We come from Formosa, an ancient island in Novia's far east.
    Now we are here, with our brothers, We will conquer any creatures that stand front our way.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Feb 10, 2017
    Berek, Barugon, DarkStarr and 3 others like this.
  13. EclipseMaiden

EclipseMaiden Avatar

We hail from where the air is thin Hurrah Hurrah!......Yet, we journeyed down to Ravensmoor Loc: (-235.4, 12.8, 54.0) to save the people from the troll....

We just wanted to talk to him....but
    [​IMG]
    We didn't know if he was trying to show off his strength or kill us...
    [​IMG]
    We decided enough was enough....time to face him head on....
    [​IMG]
    But he was up to the same old tricks....the battle lasted way into the night....
    [​IMG]
    Finally after blood, sweat, and tears we were able to subdue him.....
    [​IMG]
    The people of Ravensmoor rejoiced for the troll was gone!

The End....for him at least.... =)

Last edited: Feb 11, 2017
    Berek, Draugur2, Justyn04 and 5 others like this.
  14. Xeen Dread

Xeen Dread Avatar

For the lulz
    Ancient Dragon cannot be beaten :p

[​IMG]

Shade Baneborn, Berek and DarkStarr like this.
  15. LoneStranger

LoneStranger Avatar

[​IMG]

This is the instant just before I had a huge battle with a boss among bosses.

I was standing there fishing, all alone, when all of the sudden this huge creature, this giant crustacean from the Paleolithic Era, comes out of the water. I was so scared, Titans have mercy, I nearly jumped off the crate I was standing on. I thought, "Aaxal, what in Novia is this creature?" It stood above me looking down with these big, red eyes... Oh! It was so scary. And I yelled, "What do you want from me, creature?" And the monster bent down, and said, "I need about a tree-fitty." (You might ask what tree-fitty is. It's three crowns of the obsidian and 50 gold.) I said, "I ain't givin' you no tree-fitty, you godsdamn sea serpent! Get your own godsdamn COTOs!"

16. Alrik Doom

Alrik Doom Avatar

17. Wextel

Wextel Avatar

Boss: Torc'Dawl the Broken

A Young student of fire magic heard a lot of stories about valorous and brave heroes using their abilities to kill legendary creatures and believed to be prepared to face one of those with his own skill , alone, just for fame and glory. He tought to be a mage and not just a student. Sadly the story teach us you need better reasons to fight and even better reason to die for; This Young mage was not prepared, and his destiny now is waiting under the feet of Torc'Dawl the Broken...

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Berek, Robertinum, DarkStarr and 4 others like this.
  18. redfish

redfish Avatar

I was recruited by a stalwart group of heroes from the Jade Dragons who set about to defeat the two trolls that were each known by the name of Torc'Dawl -- one at Ravensoor, and one at Penmawr Island. They wished that I tale their tale if they did not survive, and record the events of their battle so that their feats would be forever remembered.

Area: Penmawr Island (Novia_R6_Island01_01) Loc: (-202.0, 14.3, 52.3)
    Area: Ravensmoor (Dungeon1_Entrance) Loc: (-202.0, 14.7, 46.4)

Crushed
    [​IMG]

Blade swipe
    [​IMG]

Carnage
    [​IMG]

Against the giant
    [​IMG]

Stealth attack
    [​IMG]

Elnoth, mike11, Berek and 4 others like this.
  19. Nataurz

Nataurz Avatar

List of the Brave guild members involved: Nataurz, Draugur, Peabo, Eclipse Maiden and Pieter.
    Tharsis Vrul Location: Area: Solania Catacombs (Solania Catacombs) Loc: ( -303.8, 15.0, 197.4)
    In Solania, for those who dare search for him, is a Demon of immense strength and power. He goes by the name of Tharsis Vrul. The Demonic Underlord lives in the Solania Catacombs with the entrance found at Area: Solania (Novia_R1_City_Solania) Loc: (140.4, 10.6, -169.0). We ventured down into the Catacombs and searched high and low for the foul creature. Peabo asked us to stop for a minute so he could gather his breath. He lent against a wall torch and a secret passage opened. Very sneaky Tharsis Vrul but you did not allow for Peabo's dumb luck, we knew we were close now. We opened another secret door and followed the corridor to a set of stairs. There he was, in all of his might. Game on !
    [​IMG]

Tharsis Vrul looked at Peabo, Peabo cowered. The smell in the room was pungent, though it appeared to follow Peabo as he moved around.
    [​IMG]

Pieter died but took that as an opportunity to pose for a picture.
    [​IMG]

Tharsis Vrul, now knowing he was in serious trouble, pulled out his polearm. Draugur merely glanced his weapon away with his shield like it was a toothpick.
    [​IMG]
    We fought for what seemed like days but we delivered the killing blow, freeing the Solania residents from his tyranny.

20. Peabo

Peabo Avatar

I was in the Serpent's watch tavern late one evening and overheard some of the town folk talking of a great wand that had been crafted, said to contain the rarest feather. I listened closer and a name was whispered, Riei Firefeather.
    I set out in search of this crafter but after several weeks I came up short... in great frustration I yelled out in hope someone would hear... perhaps a god "RIEI FIREFEATHER", from a small row house a short man appeared, be quiet you fool for I have the information you require.
    The man told me that Riei Firefeather was not actually a crafter but a phoenix of unequalled power, and a wand had been crafted from one of its feathers. With this information I headed out with the mightiest of fighters and a camera person in search of my destiny.

Area: Wynton's Folly (HiddenVale_Desert_Tier3) Loc: (-131.4, 169.5, -141.1)

[​IMG]
    Phoenix fire attack.
    [​IMG]
    Trying to pluck a feather.
    [​IMG]
    Back for another round, this time during daylight.
    [​IMG]
    Quick, gather some things from Riei's nest whilst we distract!
    [​IMG]
    We are taking this Phoenix down!

mike11, DarkStarr, x_Selene_x and 7 others like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.