Doug's (IronMaiden) Chemo Relief Fund - GoFundMe

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Thexedor Markhamm, Jan 11, 2017.

?

IronMaiden Chemo Relief Fund Cloak - Design Vote - Which is your favorite? (Shown Below in OP)

Poll closed Jan 19, 2017.
  1. 1

7 vote(s)
    7.3%
  2. 2

12 vote(s)
    12.5%
  3. 3

9 vote(s)
    9.4%
  4. 4

9 vote(s)
    9.4%
  5. 5

29 vote(s)
    30.2%
  6. 6

2 vote(s)
    2.1%
  7. 7

6 vote(s)
    6.3%
  8. 8

2 vote(s)
    2.1%
  9. 9 - same as #8, but with the dark blue fur (image coming soon)

5 vote(s)
    5.2%
  10. 10

15 vote(s)
    15.6%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sir Aular Glorthalion

Sir Aular Glorthalion Avatar

And some Dude Wipes for later....

Thexedor Markhamm and By Tor like this.
  2. Alexander

Alexander Avatar

Thank you for the heads up. I just checked mine and it has a value of 50. It should be 0, i believe, in order for it to be non-lootable.

Numa likes this.
  3. Thexedor Markhamm

Thexedor Markhamm Avatar

AERIE FUND - Charity Auction - THE DARKSTARR COLLECTION

Hi Everybody,

Exciting news for collectors of EXTREMELY RARE in game loot and supporters of the Iron Maiden Chemo Relief Fund. The Lord of Chaos, @DarkStarr himself, has donated several relics to support our charity initiative. He blew through an unimaginable amount of materials at the Obsidian Forge and crafted some of THE MOST POWERFUL GEAR available in the game to date. AND, of course, the items carry the highly-sought-after crafted by tag: Darkstarr. (Side note: I was intrigued to learn that developers, like us, must also risk it all at the crafting tables to produce these goods. So, yes, they are one of a kind and not easily obtained).

So, before we get to the good stuff, here are the details on the charity auction itself:

When: Starting today 1/31/2017 (at 11:25 CST) thru 2/10/17. These Auctions are set to end during our big Iron Maiden Chemo Relief Fund Telethon and will be awarded to winners during the telethon (or after - if you are not able to make it in-game). Participating in the telethon or making GoFundMe donations to Iron Maiden are not required to win these auctions (though highly recommended). ;)

Where: Visit the AERIE Fund Shoppe - our commission-free auction site provided by Shroud Marketplace. This is the official home of the Avatar's Emergency Relief InitiativE Fund charity auctions and special sales. Please note: to place bids on these auction you will have to register with the Shroud Marketplace (which is free & easy). Make sure to check your spam folder if you do not receive necessary registration emails.

Proceeds: All proceeds from these auctions (minus Paypal fees) will be donated to the Iron Maiden Chemo Relief Fund.

And, now, without further adieu....

[​IMG]

1. Full Set of Necromantic Obsidian Plate Armor + 10 - +13 (Sold as a LOT)

[​IMG]

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

2. Obsidian Hand Axe of Necromancy +12

[​IMG]

3. Obsidian War Hammer of Sorcery +13

[​IMG]

4. Obsidian Spear of Sorcery +13

[​IMG]

5. Obsidian Sword of Sorcery +13

[​IMG]

Good Luck and Happy Bidding! Remember, this is about helping our fellow avatar IRON MAIDEN receive the financial support he needs to continue his life-saving chemotherapy treatment.

And, special thanks to @DarkStarr for providing these exclusive items.

[​IMG]
    Visit our store in the Shroud Marketplace

Last edited: Feb 1, 2017
  4. ShroudMarketplace

ShroudMarketplace Avatar

phpmailer issue has been resolved :)

Last edited: Jan 31, 2017
    Soylent Green likes this.
  5. Thexedor Markhamm

Thexedor Markhamm Avatar

6. Thexedor Markhamm

Thexedor Markhamm Avatar

AERIE FUND - Charity Auction - THE LORD BRITISH COLLECTION

Hi Everybody,

Exciting news for collectors of EXTREMELY RARE in game loot and supporters of the Iron Maiden Chemo Relief Fund. The Sovereign of Virtue, @Lord British himself, has donated several relics to support our charity initiative. He descended the throne and lit up the forge to create a plethora of base level weapons for your perusal. These offerings are HIGHLY COLLECTIBLE and for those of you BRAVE ENOUGH RISK IT ALL - enchantable and masterworkable. AND, of course, these items carry the highly-sought-after crafted by tag: Lord British.

So, before we get to the good stuff, here are the details on the charity auction itself:

When: Starting today 2/1/2017 (7PM CST) thru 2/10/17. These Auctions are set to end during our big Iron Maiden Chemo Relief Fund Telethon and will be awarded to winners during the telethon (or after - if you are not able to make it in-game). Participating in the telethon or making GoFundMe donations to Iron Maiden are not required to win these auctions (though highly recommended). ;)

Where: Visit the AERIE Fund Shoppe - our commission-free auction site provided by Shroud Marketplace. This is the official home of the Avatar's Emergency Relief InitiativE Fund charity auctions and special sales. Please note: to place bids on these auction you will have to register with the Shroud Marketplace (which is free & easy). Make sure to check your spam folder if you do not receive necessary registration emails.

Proceeds: All proceeds from these auctions (minus Paypal fees) will be donated to the Iron Maiden Chemo Relief Fund.

And, now, without further adieu....

[​IMG]

Here is a taste of what is for sale: 12 Items in Total

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

Base Level Weapons & Exceptionals:

[​IMG] [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Special Piece - Gently used sword by Sovereign British during battle:

[​IMG]

Good Luck and Happy Bidding! Remember, this is about helping our fellow avatar IRON MAIDEN receive the financial support he needs to continue his life-saving chemotherapy treatment.

And, special thanks to @Lord British for providing these exclusive items.

[​IMG]
    Visit our store in the Shroud Marketplace

Last edited: Feb 2, 2017
  7. Thexedor Markhamm

Thexedor Markhamm Avatar

Updated the Lord British Collection with supped up enchanted weapons. :) There are 12 total LB items for auction, including some base level and exceptional (non enchanted) goods. :) I'm holding on to a handful of items to give out as prizes during the telethon. :)

Numa likes this.
  8. mercster

mercster Avatar

I demand bludgeon love!

EDIT: Oh, there is some. Nevermind. :)

Thexedor Markhamm likes this.
  9. Thexedor Markhamm

Thexedor Markhamm Avatar

Sean Silverfoot and fonsvitae like this.
  10. Thexedor Markhamm

Thexedor Markhamm Avatar

11. Blake Blackstone

Blake Blackstone Avatar

@Thexedor Markhamm After the accounts and items are turned over at the conclusion of the go fund me, will everything be auctioned off? I saw that there will be lots but I was under the impression that 25k was being raised for his accounts and that all items would be auctioned off? Is there clarification of this anywhere yet?

Edit: Sorry if this has already been addressed in here somewhere. Its getting to be a long thread. :)

Last edited: Feb 5, 2017
    Thexedor Markhamm likes this.
  12. Thexedor Markhamm

Thexedor Markhamm Avatar

Hi Blake,

Yes all pledge items, lots, add-on store items will be auctioned off. Iron Maiden will keep 1 character and a small village lot to keep playing while he recovers (because we want him to stay in the community). But 99% of what he has will be auctioned. I have a spreadsheet from Portalarium with all of his account(s) items and holdings. Its a ton of stuff and quite a project to sort through. I am going to turn it into a legible document and post it on google docs for folks to see. Hope to get that done next week. :) Only filmed the lots because 1) it was easy and 2) people might wanna see where the lots are placed before bidding. :) And speaking of the lots...here's the vid:

13. Blake Blackstone

Blake Blackstone Avatar

Ya, man. Hats off to you for doing this. Its a huge undertaking but for a great cause.

14. Thexedor Markhamm

Thexedor Markhamm Avatar

Updated OP with full item list for auction (this list is subject to change prior to auction - we need to get an accurate in-game tally of items).

AERIE Fund - IRON MAIDEN HOLDINGS Charity Auction

Following the GoFundMe campaign we will be a holding a commission free auction for Iron Maiden's accounts/items/deeds/and lots. This auction will be hosted by the good folks at Shroud Marketplace and will be available to donors who pledge $100 or more during the fundraiser. All proceeds will be going to Doug up to 25K (per his request) and the remainder will be reinvested in future fundraising efforts to help other Avatars in dire need.

Auction dates: TBD - it will be held after the GoFundMe drive ends.

Where: Shroud Marketplace - a fantastic 3rd party site where you can buy and sell anything Shroud of the Avatar related. They have agreed to make our charity auction commission free. Pretty cool, no?

[​IMG]

Reserves: Yes, there will be reserves on items to protect the value of them. BUT, these reserves are going to set at bargain-level pricing. Here's the fun part: the reserves will be determined by the success of the GoFundMe campaign. The more we raise toward our goal of 25K, the lower the reserves will be set to ensure maximum value to our donors.

Individual Items or Accounts? Items - all of the accounts are intermingled and it will be too much of a chore to reinstate them to original condition.

Full Auction Listing: HERE IS THE LIST OF AVAILABLE ITEMS FOR AUCTION - Please note this list was compiled by Portalarium and only includes bank holdings. List subject to change after in-game audit or character gear and inventory.

And, please remember, this isn't about getting stuff. It's about helping Doug. ;)

(Don't worry, everyone - Doug will still maintain a nice account to continue his adventures in New Britannia WHEN he get's well).

15. TEK1

TEK1 Avatar

@Thexedor Markhamm Will there be a way to participate in the auction without being forced to register at shroudmarketplace?

Also is the original floppy disk or cassette of Akalabeth included in the auction?

Last edited: Feb 8, 2017
  16. Thexedor Markhamm

Thexedor Markhamm Avatar

Make Thex Suffer Stretch Goal Update -

Hi Guys,

Lots going on and I want to keep you all in the loop. As you know, I've completed the ice bath and habenero challenge (pitifully, yes, but done). Now I am committed to the 5 mile costume run and will soon be committed to eating a boiled Tuna Fish Head (eye balls and all). Here's an update on the situation. Due to the heavy workload of cloak distribution (over 250 personally delivered so far), IM telethon planning and logistics, and auction planning (dev items and IM's holdings) I have not had much time to work out my costume for the run. So, I am going to swippy-swap some of this stretch goals as to not fall so far behind they become meaningless. Here is what I am proposing:

1. I will do the Tuna Head this weekend (on Sunday) and have the video posted for your enjoyment (or gag reflex) on Monday. Yummy.
    2. I will order the custome pieces and get the run don as soon as they arrive. I was originally going to have a community's choice, but have vetoed that for the sake of time. Here is what I am ordering for the run:

1. Kilt: Purple one, of course.

[​IMG]

2. Fairy Wings:

[​IMG]

2. Coconut Halves (My Royal Mount)

[​IMG]

4. Viking Helmet (with Pretty Braids)

[​IMG]

5. Colon Cancer Awareness Shirt

[​IMG]

6. Ankh

[​IMG]

CC:

@DarkStarr @Berek @Lazarus Long @Jack SinAssist @Lord British

Last edited: Feb 8, 2017
    Numa, Mortanius, Bow Vale and 11 others like this.
  17. Thexedor Markhamm

Thexedor Markhamm Avatar

Had a couple questions on the Developer Charity Auction - specifically, what happens if you win? Here is the response from Shroud Marketplace:

The winner will receive a one time use link that will add the item to their shopping cart and then they will be able to checkout and pay for said item. If winner does not pay, this link will expire after 24 hours and will be sent to the next highest bidder.

So, please make sure that you pay promptly after winning your item! And be sure to check your inbox for the unique winner's link!

-Thex

18. Thexedor Markhamm

Thexedor Markhamm Avatar

19. TEK1

TEK1 Avatar

Not sure if you missed my previous post but will there be a way to participate in the auction without being forced to register at shroudmarketplace?

Also is the original floppy disk or cassette of Akalabeth from the LoTM account included in the auction?

20. Thexedor Markhamm

Thexedor Markhamm Avatar

Sean Silverfoot and Sir Frank like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.