Does Galvanic Blast actually effect lightning damage???

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Raistlyn, Feb 9, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Raistlyn

Raistlyn Avatar

I have heard that this does effect lighting, but it says "on hit" which usually means if you actually do a melee attack with the wand.

So when casting lightning does galvanic blast increase lightning damage?

@Berek
    Any chance I can get an official dev response regarding this?

Sara Dreygon, Applerust and Numa like this.
  2. WrathPhoenix

WrathPhoenix Avatar

Fairly certain it does. But @Chris would be a better dev to ask than Berek on this matter.

3. Vallo Frostbane

Vallo Frostbane Avatar

your spell lightning isnt improved by the galvanic blast percentage. Only the on hit effect on the weapon.

Numa and Corp Por like this.
  4. WrathPhoenix

WrathPhoenix Avatar

^ I would trust these two above my own comments on this matter. They are more experienced in the game's combat skills.

5. Hemswal The Descended

Hemswal The Descended Avatar

Yeah, the issue is though, there are LOADS of people that are convinced Galvanic Blast affects lightning damage. That's why some official clarification would be nice.

6. Raistlyn

Raistlyn Avatar

@Chris
    Can we get a official response on this? Tests seem to show that Galvanic Blast does NOT affect lightning damage

7. Lazlo

Lazlo Avatar

If the results of testing don't suggest that the effect description is inaccurate, I don't really understand why it would be in question. I know there are a lot of descriptions in game that are unclear, but this doesn't seem like one of them to me.

8. null2

null2 Avatar

There are enchants for weapons that you can get that add effects on hit:

* Galvanic Blast
    * Gust
    * Banish Undead
    * Ignite
    * Tremor
    * Drain Life

There are also enchants for chest armor that you can get that add effects on hit:

* Dexterity
    * Fire Resistance
    * Weapon Strength Damage
    * Sun Strength
    * Deadly Night
    * Mend
    * Weapon Swiftness

Weapons can gain these effects through enchanting. Each one provides a 10% chance to trigger on hit with the weapon. This means an actual attack or a glyph that uses the weapon.

There also exist enchants on jewelry to enhance these enchantment effects. SOME OF THE ENCHANTMENT EFFECTS HAVE THE SAME NAME AS SKILLS, BUT THE ENCHANTS THAT ENHANCE THEM DO NOT ENHANCE THE SKILLS.

How do I know this for certain? I use the /stats command. First do /stats without the +galvanic blast damage % jewelry on. Then do /stats with it on. Please notice the change in ProcGalvanicBlastPower - it has increased. This stat refers to the galvanic blast proc that is enchanted on weapons. Your ring is not changing the damage of your lightning glyph. When this proc triggers, you should see damage showing up from "Galvanic Blast" in your combat chat logs.

Lazlo, Raistlyn, Spoon and 2 others like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.