SotAwiki Update Thread

Discussion in 'Player Created Resources' started by Browncoat Jayson, Apr 9, 2016.

1. Browncoat Jayson

Browncoat Jayson Legend of the Hearth

Yeah, if they don't have names yet that would be a good place to start. Thanks!

Time Lord likes this.
  2. SilentCurse

SilentCurse Avatar

Hiya, Everyone! First time posting. Love the game, Anyways, I have been updating the Highvale page I added a "Fishing Node" to the Resource section. I plan on adding to all the missing pages that link to Highvale and moving onto Middle Downs after.

So just a few question for now.
    1. I know that you are able to fish in all water but, should we add a page for the "Bubbles" in the water? and if so what should we call it or is "Fishing Node" ok?
    2. Should we add a section for items found in the area, for scenes? Not items found from drops, but other lootable objects.
    3. As far as "quest" go, should I just list the "quest" that are involved in the area and make a separate page for the actual "quest"?

Time Lord likes this.
  3. Dorham Isycle

Dorham Isycle Avatar

Wondering what to do here http://sotawiki.net/sota/Brazier has 2 recipes per page but it does also put information on 2 lines
    [​IMG]

which messes up my spreadsheet a bit
    [​IMG]

and it also creates 2 recipes with the same name.

Would it be better to edit the Brazier page with a variant list only, with Ground Brazier & Tripod Brazier as recipe links
    or
    Rename it & make another to have 2 separate recipe pages with links to the other type on them.
    or
    leave well enough alone & not be so picky:D

Time Lord likes this.
  4. Violation Clauth

Violation Clauth Avatar

Can't change the name because the in-game name is the same

Variant might be acceptable but I think as-is is likely the best we can have right now... their crafting system is very chaotic and impossibly hard to dynamic pages for because of things like this. Two basic ways to make the two base elements that can be altered eight ways to make two different items with the same name... that's basically the whole issue we have from the ground up. No unique names and no unique recipes with no unique elements.

I think in a few months we'll go through and purge old pages to a different namespace and cleanup old layouts... Honestly, I'm waiting for things to get "released" and stop getting foundational changes due to how many thousands of hours I've spent already and how outdated it gets in one month.

Time Lord and Dorham Isycle like this.
  5. ACryInShame

ACryInShame Avatar

Hello everyone! I wanted to know if we can add another collum to the recipe lists (and recipe information) on Teachability. Have a list of re-teachable, Teachable, non-teachable. I wanted to update all the recipes i know with this information but i couldn't wrap my head around how i could add this.

Time Lord and Mishikal like this.
  6. Violation Clauth

Violation Clauth Avatar

I'll add this to the infobox this next week.

Time Lord likes this.
  7. ACryInShame

ACryInShame Avatar

Ok let me know when this is done and I'll go on an updating spree

Time Lord likes this.
  8. Browncoat Jayson

I've added the code to the Recipe Box template, so you can add "|teachable=Teachable" or "|teachable=Re-Teachable" to the code in order to add this. This does add a tag to the recipe, so we can expand the Teachable and Re-Teachable pages to pull a list of recipes into those pages. Feel free to go ahead and start updating.

Time Lord and Violation Clauth like this.
  9. Violation Clauth

Violation Clauth Avatar

Well, I'm still on my cell phone at a job so... Lightning McQueen ... You're the man.

Time Lord and Browncoat Jayson like this.
  10. ACryInShame

ACryInShame Avatar

11. Browncoat Jayson

If you upload the file so the name matches the topic name, with "_icon.png", it should happen automatically. Alternatively, add "|icon=Filename.jpg" to the Infobox section.

I've updated Bucket of Water with your icon, but I'll replace it eventually with a transparent PNG file.

12. ACryInShame

ACryInShame Avatar

no worries already did. Well currently working it on give it a sec lol

13. ACryInShame

ACryInShame Avatar

Did we also want to note the "price" value of items? As SOTA designates the price of an item what a NPC vendor sells it for. Unless we've seen NPC vendors sell the same item for different prices (which I currently haven't seen)

Time Lord likes this.
  14. Browncoat Jayson

From what I've seen, vendors always sell an item for twice the value. They pay between half and full amount of the value.

Unless that changes, I don't see a reason to note the selling price.

Time Lord likes this.
  15. ACryInShame

ACryInShame Avatar

I'm not saying note the selling price but the price that we buy them at. an example, Bucket of water has a value of 0 but you buy it from a vendor at 4 gold.

Time Lord likes this.
  16. Mishikal

Mishikal Avatar

It's useful information for people who want to list items for sale on their vendor to know what the base vendor price is. It's also useful information to know what the base vendor price is so you can see if that vendor is currently charging more than usual. For example, during the holidays, some of the holiday related recipes were selling from vendors for over 1k due to demand, even though the base price is 250g. I've seen similar things happen to bundles of arrows, where they go for up to 7g (from a base of 2g).

Time Lord likes this.
  17. Mishikal

Mishikal Avatar

@Browncoat Jayson The background map used has Soltown in the wrong location. If you pull up the information for Spectral Mines, for example, you see Soltown shown as being just north of Celestis, when instead it is much further east, along the coast and south of Solace Bridge.

Time Lord likes this.
  18. Mishikal

Mishikal Avatar

@Browncoat Jayson For recipes, it would also be useful to have a tag to indicate whether or not they are "discoverable". For example, butter is discoverable. ;)

Time Lord likes this.
  19. Browncoat Jayson

I was experimenting with getting the base price they the vendor query, but it didn't work like I wanted. I'll probably add a way to set the base vendor price on the item.

I'll also add the discoverable flag.

Time Lord likes this.
  20. Mishikal

Mishikal Avatar

Awesome, thanks!

Time Lord likes this.