Auto-fence placement

Discussion in 'Housing & Lots' started by presence, Jan 30, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. presence

presence Avatar

As a new owner of of village lot fence, I was stoked to go and try to place it. And 45 minutes later I regretted the whole thing.

Wouldn't it be awesome if there was an option to just auto-place the fence?

If you have a village sized lot, 1 fence group is autoplaced with the gate(s) in front of the front door and back door.
    If you have a town sized lot, 2 fence groups are autoplaced with the gate(s) in front of the front door and back door.
    etc.

Pretty simple, and if someone doesn't want to have the default placement, they can just play fence block tetris.

2. Randbo

Randbo Avatar

The one MAJOR problem with fences is that they dont overlap.
    Make them able to overlap like 50% or so.

3. Barugon

Barugon Avatar

This is already on their list but not until after episode 1 is officially released.

4. Xenar

Xenar Avatar

There is actually quite a bit of flexibility present in the current system, that could be lost with "auto placement" of fences. I was previously in the auto placement camp. I have learned how to manipulate deco placement system enough to prefer the current system to allow more creativity in fence components. Not that I am totally against auto placement, but it needs to be an additional option, not a replacement for the current deco system. I would want to see it as an option on the lot marker menu. Place the lot, chose a house, choose a fence if wanted, from what is in your inventory.

There currently is a bit of overlap allowed by the current system. If you overlap too much, your fence does not reach the whole length of your lot.

I place corners as well as possible, then string the wall segments between.

Now I would like some sort of location "snap" system to help place items in the "correct" spot at a corner, and link walks to attatch correctly.

5. blaquerogue

blaquerogue Avatar

another thing that would help is if the ground you place on was flat, a box of the size of lot, some lot placements have slight hills in them creating a problem for fences to be placed.

6. Weins201

Weins201 Avatar

how about finish the "snapping" together like was talked about, has been covered at least over 6 months ago.

TY for bringing it up again.

Fences and Walls need to have a point where they just "link" together, exactly as was talked about.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.