Pvp pleases...(list)

Discussion in 'PvP Gameplay' started by Brass Knuckles, Feb 21, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Brass Knuckles

Brass Knuckles Avatar

Please list a couple/few pvp wish/resquest items.

Please be to the point and keep explinations efficent.

1. [Pvp] would like a symbol instead.
    2. Please get rid of the score board list on pvp scenes. Save that stuff for battle grounds.
    3. Please dump ?, it diminishes the surprise factor. Show the name as a regular name, once you encounter then it can turn red.

Numa, Hornpipe, Bow Vale and 7 others like this.
  2. null2

null2 Avatar

1. More deck slots please (not pvp, but kind of)
    2. Have the option of not displaying your location on friends list when PvP flagged (location shows up as ? on friends list)
    3. A meaningful reason to pvp (global scoreboards, tie it to the virtue system)

3. Gideon Thrax

Gideon Thrax Avatar

• option to hide yourself from all lists when flagged (pending, friend, teleport, etc...)
    • ransom system awards bone regardless of payout
    • ransom system takes random number or % of regents or whatever (negates need to stack/unstack items)
    • ransom system gives something extra in place of protected gear/weps
    • some badass PVP artifacts - doesn't matter if they're OP so long as they decay

4. Drocis the Devious

Drocis the Devious Avatar

1. You can no longer choose to pay the ransom on body parts (skulls, jaw bones, hands).
    2. All players must be forced to risk SOMETHING of actual value.
    3. All scenes have multiple entrances and exits, or if that's not fitting (like in Owl's Head) then you get a longer invulnerability timer that allows you to get into the scene without being spawn camped.
    4. All towns have NPC guards that can kill any player, and POTs have the option to have guards. Guards also protect people from being stolen from while within the same proximity. Guards should be placed near spawn points to help prevent spawn camping. Guards should have a KOS list that works based off of the past actions of players and helps prevent repeat offenders from being comfortable in the town.
    5. Special scenes are developed that promote the option of looking for a fair fight. For example, I'd like to see 1v1, 2v2, 3v3, 4v4 scenes, etc...where you knew you could get a fair fight and not be outnumbered. Sandbox shouldn't mean gankbox by default.

It's a very simple concept to understand too. If you're going to play a football game, you don't line up with 11 people against 1 person. No one would want to play that game. No one would want to watch that game. We wouldn't have a National Football League designed in a way where one guy just got the crap kicked out of him by eleven other guys. That would be stupid. So why are we doing that here?

Selective Multiplayer is a good thing, but only if we're using it to make the game more fair and balanced. To accomplish this, we really need to look for ways to make both modes of play fun but not selectively "better" than the other modes.

6. Moving from flagged to unflagged (even if returning to a non-pvp area) needs a cool down. A significant cool down that requires the player to be online for the full time of the cool down. What this also means is that once you flag (anywhere) you can no longer go into Friends or Single Player mode until the cool down has expired.
    7. Stop allowing non-flagged players to attack flagged players. It's an attack of opportunity that only helps suppress meaningful pvp activity. PVP is already opportunistic enough without supporting this style of play with actual mechanics that makes it possible to get pvp risk ala carte. Players that are out in the world getting the PVP XP bonus are no more deserving of being ganked from non-flagged players than anyone else. No one enjoys being attacked by people that only attack when you then know they will win while risking nothing. No one. Which is why the more you allow this to happen, the more people will do it to reduce the risk of it happening to them.
    8. When someone dies in PVP, make them go bye bye, preferably back to their bind point. I don't want to see them over and over again. We fought, they lost, see ya! (have a nice trip!)

Last edited: Feb 21, 2017
    Numa likes this.
  5. Spoon

Spoon Avatar

Ransom system takes items from the victim until it reaches a value based on the level of the victim. (Example if we arbitrarily set it to 10g per level, if you are level 50 it would continue to add items to the loot until it goes above >500g.)

More recipes for crafting items from trophy loot. Where the name of the victim remains on the crafted item. Skull-mug, bone-armor, jaw-necklace etc.

https://www.shroudoftheavatar.com/f...obsidian-descending-drop-in-shardfalls.43808/

6. Gix

Gix Avatar

• Do not let PvErs attack PvPers. Find another way for them to flag PvP if they with to join.
    • Looting off players (pickpocket or otherwise) should remove a set amount of items regardless of how their victim organized their inventory. If you loot 10x[cotton], it should remove a total of 10 cottons. Either from a stack of 100 or individual stacks of 1.
    • Make arenas visible in the overworld map and make it so that there's no penalty for dying when participating in arena matches.

7. Necrothaftis

Necrothaftis Avatar

[/QUOTE]
    Disagree- those who flag to farm xp should be kill on sight - end of story for mine.
    They are taking advantage of a game mechanic to pad their nests with points - leave it as is i say:mad:

MrBlight, Net and Sitting Bull like this.
  8. Gix

Gix Avatar

9. Brass Knuckles

Brass Knuckles Avatar

Battle grounds, Arenas?

Im a huge fan of those, wow does this very well. Lets copy!

Vladamir Begemot likes this.
  10. Net

Net Avatar

- acquintance list (no teleport or location sharing)
    - reputation (good guys see other good guys as neutral/friendlies instead of enemies)
    - PvP artifacts (can be stolen from lots/chests), person wearing them is always flagged and the lot where they are placed cannot be locked.

fonsvitae and Brass Knuckles like this.
  11. Stryker Sparhawk

Stryker Sparhawk Avatar

Guild vs Guild wars, not Guild vs the rest of the PVP wars

Damian Killingsworth and Net like this.
  12. redfish

redfish Avatar

- PvP with meaning and stakes to it, like guilds taking control points
    - A justice system with bounty boards; thieves, murders being flagged for attack and bounty
    - Party vs. party duels (Save the scoreboard for this type of play when in arenas, nothing else)
    - Friendly duel option that's non-fatal for practice dueling

13. Drocis the Devious

Drocis the Devious Avatar

I've never played wow, but I hear people like this feature.

I'm actually not a fan of "arena pvp", however I was suggesting something similar to that above. Where I think my ask differs from what I've heard about WOW is that I'd really like for SOTA to integrate these areas into the game so that they're not thought of as "arenas" and instead they're just a means to an end.

For example: Suppose there were three ways to get through a control point mountain pass. You could go through the Guild vs. Guild path, you could go through the Open PVP path, or you could go through the 1 v 1 path. The idea being that if you were a solo player you would not have to worry about being ganked by a larger number of people just because you were alone. (Who like's being killed like this? No one.) You'd still risk being killed in PVP, but you'd get a fair fight, and that should be available for people that want it. Other versions of this could have 8 v 8 or 4 v 4, whatever...but the point would be that solo players wouldn't get kicked around just because they're solo players.

14. Kabalyero Kidd

Kabalyero Kidd Avatar

Please add Casual PvP... where you can PvP without losing anything... I think that will encourage a lot of players to try PvP... just a thought...

15. Kabalyero Kidd

Kabalyero Kidd Avatar

Please add Casual PvP... where you can PvP without losing anything... I think that will encourage a lot of players to try PvP... just a thought...

16. Bow Vale

Bow Vale Avatar

No ? in local, i would prefer it that a pvp flagged player is never shown in local even if you have seen them in scene or not...This will encourage more people to flag as they will feel safer and not be on constant watch for any other flagged players in the scene. Also for any pvp dungeons it will be so much more scary/mysterious/REAL that you don't know who and how many other players are in there already...this will increase fights and fun.

PvP flagged players have option of turning off location in friends list. For this game which encourages all to friend each other it means that not all players in a persons friends list are 100% friends and giving information where you are is not a sensible idea if flagged. If i flag permanently which i intend to sooon, if this is not in by then i will remove all from friends list as it will be silly not to...as will be costing me gold on all my deaths....like pointing a big sign saying 'Free gold in XXX'

Guild v Guild/ Faction v Faction - There needs to be a reason for pvp guilds or groupings of people else you will just have random fighting here and there by individuals for no specific reason, people will tire of this and then give up. There needs to be profitable resources/land that can be controlled by groups of players with mechanics like the old faction system in UO with benefits to holding an area and more. Blood Bay is an excellent map with the towns split by the bridge but if theres no reason to actually fight over the control of the towns/map it isn't going to happen often if at all.

No teleport for pvp players....Make logistics/planning/ammunition/reagents mean something....this will help give the best prepared player/team an advantage...logistics over tactics...but this must be twinned with control of land/resources.

Make being flagged an important decision - no unflagging for at least a week.

And please no scoreboard in scenes...if in battlegrounds then yes of course...but i don't like battlegrounds anyway as i feel it will turn this rpg into a light fps

17. Andartianna

Andartianna Avatar

1. Remove looting from players either items or gold.
    2. Remove flat experience gain for being flagged PVP
    3. Create a Chaos Demon Champion who gives rewards(gold, rares, crafting materials, everything PVE players generate from collecting in the PVE enviroment and experience) based on players killed and the ratio of their adventure levels to yours each day (similar to the Oracle for everyone else) with a 15 min cool down timer for counts on the same player so you can't just rack up counts by killing the same person. This Chaos Demon Champion should also give a much smaller reward for making him laugh at your dying so that players are rewarded for the risk of PVPing. This way running away would not generate a reward and PVPers who are actually engaged in PVP would receive their rewards for actual activity. Since we would now be receiving experience from these combats that would negate the need for some other incentive to stay flagged. This would also allow PVPers to live in their own PVP experience with out being forced to do PVE things to level and craft. Like our current system PVPers would be welcome to enjoy the PVE environment if they desire and PVEers can do the same.

18. Brass Knuckles

Brass Knuckles Avatar

Interesting, ill add only this. Being toggled pvp you might be gaining more xp from a percentage point of view but I actually think its a wash. When you see a ? Join the zone you spend time either fighting them or figuring out if your going to be fighting them. I dont actually feel that 10% gives anyone toggled pvp an xp advantage but helps even the playing field.

Last edited: Feb 22, 2017
  19. Adam Crow

Adam Crow Avatar

(1)If a player attacks another player first, the attacking player should not be able to leave the scene for 2 minutes.

(2)Player A (not flagged) attacks and kills player B (pvp flagged). Player A is now flagged and can be attacked by player B at any time (even after turning off open pvp). This continues until player B has killed, or been involved with the killing of player A.

20. Silis

Silis Avatar

1. Removal of linear defenses and move to a non linear formula in all areas: warding, elemental/magic resists, avoidance, damage resist, stun resist (this is needed for pve too)
    2. More consistent ability to acquire pvp focused artifacts that is based on fighting players versus monsters in pvp areas if they are added
    3. Knockdowns at least applying a slow effect if they're not going to root
    4. Physical damage being brought in line with elemental vs players (partially a defenses issue)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.