POT active and inactive a reflection about and Nested access

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Wextel, Feb 19, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Numa

Numa Avatar

[​IMG]

2. Wextel

Wextel Avatar

As i said in the first post, i agree and i like spend money to invest on the game development and pay directly portalarium, but i will not let my Group spend money to buy a overmap pot unused and just bought to earn money trought game.

Roycestein Kaelstrom and Arpanet like this.
  3. Alley Oop

Alley Oop Bug Hunter Bug Moderator

some of the pots for sale are ones people bought and sat on to profit later. some, however, are people that don't want to sell their towns but have to for life reasons. buying one of those is helping people, not rewarding speculators.

Roycestein Kaelstrom, Wextel and Numa like this.
  4. Belladonna Rose

Belladonna Rose Bug Hunter

When i first started someone befriended me for a time and I stayed in Wizard's Rest. It was nice. Since persistence i traveled up there to see it and see how or if it changed. The run down to town was long but i knew where it was and loved it. When i got my lot deed i thought about asking to place there.....but found another spot. But still your town is nice and like you said has amenities that folks need. This is what we are going to do with our town as well. Since Kingsport is missing a few of the NPC merchants our goal is to get more of them in our town so that dratted zoning would be worth it. LOL. We have grand plans and cant wait to announce our debut in the next couple months. "giggles at the excitement"

5. Wextel

Wextel Avatar

Sure but i want to tell you a story , the story of many people that formed our Group; At the beginning they had a pot overmap in the best positioning they can have, the person who was the governor, also if he bought the pot with the help of other 4 people, thinked have a pot was a good business to do money, he sold the pot and after the other 4 people bought another pot, but in the while was past about 2-3 month so he spended more then the first time to buy a nested one. So i can understand there are people in true difficulty, but there are also other kind of people around...

Roycestein Kaelstrom likes this.
  6. Numa

Numa Avatar

Did the governor of the original POT, the one with the best position, share the profits of the sale with the other 4 people who contributed?

7. majoria70

majoria70 Avatar

I can see how a group of People buying a pot together could also be a bit risky because one person only gets to be governor of the pot which makes that person ultimately responsible for what happens to the town. I am Seward status at Wizards Restest So I can do most things and that helps the Governor to not have to be there always to take care of things, but still I'm sure things go on in other situations we don't even know about;).

8. Numa

Numa Avatar

We have a somewhat similar situation to the OP in Breaker's Landing where there are several contributors but only @Solstar is the recognized owner by Port. To his credit the original agreements have been kept and the confounders are consulted on every important POT issue or decision.

9. Morgoth redbeard

Morgoth redbeard Avatar

i do belive if you advertice your pot dont mather were it is if you advertice it and it have whats adverticed and a price that make guys come guys go all over to find it

10. Roycestein Kaelstrom

Roycestein Kaelstrom Avatar

Putting overland or nested aside, if one were to buy a POT from someone else, be sure that the transfer of lot markers, npc vendor deeds,and npc buildings is also included. Port won't issue a new set to the new owner.

Numa and majoria70 like this.
  11. Solazur

Solazur Avatar

^^This^^
    I consider some of my IRL travels; I've traveled hundreds of miles to visit various highly specialized craftsmen. If you have something special and make it known, people will come. I think too that many people forget entirely where we are in terms of development. There have been folks who told me I need to hurry and populate my pot etc. but in MY mind's eye.. with my vision for what I eventually would like to see I view it not only as possible but probable that the people who will eventually populate my little spot are not yet even in the world.
    just my 2 cents

oops... 2 cents wasn't enough: I hope this doesn't drift toooo fare here but In addition to the above I wanna say I have noted in various post's over time there are those who complain about the "state" of pots... basically complaining that when they take the time to travel and go through your loading screen they find things in an undeveloped state.. sometime entirely empty. People who own towns have made a substantial investment in this game. Unlike the (almost) instant gratification of an addon store purchase you didn't just go to the bank and claim your rewards. People have waited for extended periods until their pot came online; we to this date *still* don't have many long awaited tools for development. So I guess I'm saying "chill".. relax.. enjoy the journey... those owners are working out their dream so lets sit back and see how it all plays out. I mean.. if anybody REALLY has an issue with how somebody else is spending their bux... you could always buy the location from them and "fix it" to your liking :) After all.. everything is always for sale.. it's a matter of hitting a number that makes it an offer that can't be refused :)

ok.. that's about 15 cents worth

PEACE <3

12. Stundorn

Stundorn Avatar

A question:

if i want to buy a PoT, lets say hamlet or crossroad and it is placed on the OW Map, can i move it?
    I guess no.

What is it about a nested PoT? Can this be nested with another from what it actually is, after i buyed it?

I think OW PoTs have a chance to be more visited and maybe liked by people to live in. But OW isnt it what it is about a PoT to me. It's about what is the Owners Vision and what he and the people there do to enlive this Vision.

I for myself would setup a restricted RP PoT where everythung would belong to a theme and setting.
    Not just Viking or Shogun only, bit sure not a mix of them.

And i would expect the people to not do what they want, but to fill a roll in this Town.
    I would search for Guards and people who play the Guards ingame.
    I would look for people who play a Blacksmith and stick to it... etc...

It would maybe end up empty or with just a few people seroiusly playing the Vision of that Town.

I always are willing to discuss and such, but there need to be a strong Vision and people who not just like this Vision, but love it, stick to it.
    Like PoTs with the more familiƤr Vision if beeing not restricted, where everyone can do and setup what he want.

I would like to have more immersive, themed PoTs with unique Visions.

And to refer to nested or not.
    If a PoT and his people have a Vision a unique setting, nice Services, immersive roleplaying etc... This PoT is worth to travel, accept loadtimes more than a PoT nearly to CB or your preferred adventure scene or something like this.

13. Net

Net Avatar

I do nto think that nested POTs should influence overland map. However the wagon/baloon/boat could look different for more active POTs.

Spoon, Roycestein Kaelstrom and Numa like this.
  14. Insinious FizzleThorpe

Insinious FizzleThorpe Avatar

Buy a Private owned POT at same value as original ( money went to port already, and if not overpriced same as you paying port) or wait till episode 2. Furthermore you could have just came earlier, and bought a Over world map POT. I'm not sure what all the fuss is about. And I know that some people aren't looking to make a profit, just recoup some or all of what they spent. And then yes some trolls are looking to make a shiny off it. Just look out there for anything that looks like a deal. Or wait. .that simple.

Solazur and Roycestein Kaelstrom like this.
  15. Lifedragn

Lifedragn Avatar

From my experience, I have to agree with folks saying PoT location is more important than overworld access. My guild has an overland pot near Eastmarch in Drachvald. The Governor is absent most of the time (deployed military service, so cannot blame him). But most of the guild have removed their lots in favor of more trafficked areas. My one and only home is still there, but even I do not visit it often because I need to hunt Silver which is absent from that region.

Numa likes this.
  16. PhaRxMer

PhaRxMer Avatar

I do not agree with the premise that if you build it they will come. It's a simple fact that time is money in this game. Some things take hours, some accomplishments take months or even years depending on your dedication. I would think most players don't want to be forced to run all the way through a town just to get to the dock so they can travel to another location. The way it presently is if someone wants to go to a nested pot in Brittany they have to run across that massive city all the way to the docks to only then click on a boat that then proceeds to load to their POT location which takes another 1+ minute. It's not only the load times we are talking about it's the time it takes you to run to the location inside the MAIN POT/NPC Town to get to the nested town you wanted to go to to begin with.

Now, I'm not foolish enough to NOT (Yes I aware it's a double negative) see where this is going. Just give me a little rope here and continue to read. Basically the WAY travel should have been handled is when you got to a city like Brittany a list of locations should have popped up "The Docks", "Front Gates", "name of nested town", etc. This would have created MANY MORE locations of desired real estate and would have made locations deep within a city still VERY VALUABLE to their plot owners, as if you started at "The Docks" a player might have owned a plot right next to that predetermined spawn location. The problem is they can't do this NOW without a major ***** and whine session by people who have the plots near or next to the predetermined static spawn in that said location. The problem I have with these people and their way of thinking is they are not thinking about the bigger picture. How this will better the game and particularly travel times in the game and make MORE AREAS MORE TRAVELED and frequented. In other words, this will actually give their area MORE traffic in the long run, not less, even though people can bypass their ONCE prime plot location by spawning into "The Docks" instead of the "Front Gate" <--- the default location.

I mean outside of Soltown, Owl's Head, and a few others, most towns in this game are dead on arrival and void of any people. What should have been nested inside of towns are sewers (which they are) dungeons and mines, in other words, resource locations. This would have forced people into a town to get to another sought after location. If resource areas are within a town then that is where people would be. Instead what we have is people going to specific places outside of towns/cities and those instance based locations is where all the players are and since it's instanced the server itself appears to be a ghost town. Hell I spend a lot of time in the Graff Mines and I hardly see a single soul around the area, Spite and other surrounding areas. But wait outside the mines in the overhead map and you'll see a constant stream of people going in and out. Who woulda known unless I sit in the overhead map and watch for them and there in lies the bigger problem.

In the end, the problem is 2 fold, first the overhead map was poorly devised to not allow users to select a starting location in a town. Secondly, most resource areas are away from towns and require you to abandon the would be population centers to play the game. After all without resources, (gold, ore, wood, etc.) why the heck (and more like HOW the heck) would you play this game.

Numa likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.