Potion Prices big Change?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by YZelph, Feb 25, 2017.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. YZelph

YZelph Avatar

I have been growing Nightshade for a few weeks now to make Poison Potions to sell
    The Alchemists sell them for 200 and buy them for 50
    I can buy empty flasks for 10 each and grow Nightshade reasonably cheap, providing I do not miss any of the watering cycles, I have a good supply of Corpse wax from killing Skeletons.
    So imagine my surprise when after growing several thousand Nightshade an Grinding away several hours of time I go to sell them and find they are now only worth 25 Half what they were last week.....
    So they still sell for 200 but they only pay 25 that is crazy.
    I know they want a player economy but changing the prices that much makes it hard to make a living in the game at all. I guess they want people to just be fighters not Crafters. UO was much better on the ability to make money from gathered resources.

One Pissed Alchemist.......

Net likes this.
  2. Magnus Zarwaddim

Magnus Zarwaddim Avatar

Welcome to T r u m p 's America. JOKING! JK!!!!! PLEASE DON'T CENSOR SATIRE!!!

It sucks that this happened, obviously. Maybe consider moving to another sellable item? I know it's inconvenient and pisses people off, but at least consider moving your business to another commodity if they won't un-nerf it.

3. Laurana

Laurana Avatar

There are 2 main reasons why the price is what it is. The first is that they want you to be selling your potions to other players. The second is because it actually got cheaper for you to create those potions since the recipes changed to create 3 instead of 1. So where 40 gold worth of ingredients would sell for 50 gold before, now you get 3 potions that sell for 75 gold total for 60 in ingredients. Looking at it like that you actually make 5 gold more per recipe then you used to.

4. YZelph

YZelph Avatar

Laurana,

You are correct I should have tried to make some new ones before I judged.
    I had not known about the changes
    So I only lost on the 100 Plus that I had made with the old formula but sold at the new price. That is OK
    At least my Thousands of Nightshade are still worth something, and as you pointed out I even make 5 gold more per set of 3

I will also put some on my Vendors and see if players want to buy Poison Potions

Thanks for the great Input

Smiling Alchemist.......

Flientje Vantmeeden likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.