Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

Audio (Music) - still not completely 'connected' to slider bar?

Discussion in 'Release 39 Dev+ Bug Forum' started by Raven Swiftbow, Feb 11, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Raven Swiftbow

Raven Swiftbow Bug Hunter

2/11/2017 1:25 PM
    Title: Audio (Music) - still not 'connected' to slider bar?
    Reproduction Rate: 100%
    Blocker? No
    Details:
    - This might be a 'known issue' that has yet to be resolved (apologies for this re-post if that is the case). But I thought it had been addressed.
    - When trying to adjust the scene music volume in the game there seems to be no good way to make the music much softer than any of the other sounds. If I turn the music down to where it is barely "on" I still need to turn my master volume down to about 1/8 sound in order to get the level of scene music that I would like.
    - What I would like to be able to do is have the scene music playing softly in the scene while the SFX sounds are 'normal' in volume. I like hearing the music, but I also like hearing the crickets or rain or whatever else is in the background of any given scene. Maybe I'm just doing something wrong?
    Steps to Reproduce:
    - Try to adjust the music to be much softer than the SFX without adjusting the Master Volume down to almost nothing.
    User Specs:
    CPU: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-4790 CPU @ 3.60GHz (8) System RAM: 16299
    GPU: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 960 GPU RAM: 2016
    SotA.EarlyAccess.Win.64.451.Date.02.09.17
    Area: Novia_R3_City_Brittany_Wharfs
    Area Display Name: Brittany Wharfs
    Loc: (110.4, 43.0, 149.7)

Lord Ravnos likes this.
  2. Lord Ravnos

Lord Ravnos Avatar

Totally agree 100% This needs a bit more attention. It seems that the lowest 20% of the slider does nothing to affect the actual Music volume output. So if I want to hear all the ambient sounds and keep an ear on my surroundings while I play, I have to turn the music all the way off. Disappointing, hoping this does get fixed soon :D

3. Lord Ravnos

Lord Ravnos Avatar

Does this need to be resubmitted as a bug in R39?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.