Random Dungeon Adventures!

Discussion in 'Archived Topics' started by jammaplaya, Feb 27, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jammaplaya

jammaplaya Avatar

Hello, this is a suggestion to implement a 'Random Dungeon Adventure' system into SotA.

Otherwise known as an RDA, this is a Moongate or Wormhole of sorts that will appear on the worldmap, Novia/HiddenVale in multiplayer mode.

Entering the gate will take players to a random dungeon. Created by Portalarium, these are small size map dungeon scenes filled with mobs to kill. Once all the mobs are defeated, a Boss will appear, with the promise of top tier loot.

These are really more of a guild activity than anything. I would suggest having both 'blue' and 'red' colored gates, indicating whether or not the RDA is Full PvP or not. Essentially the Full PvP gates will have the better loot, because of risk versus reward.

The end result of setting them up in this manner will be that guilds will have scouts looking for the gates, because they will want to get the loot (if it's good enough). And thus guild activity is born.

Spoon and Insinious FizzleThorpe like this.
  2. Insinious FizzleThorpe

Insinious FizzleThorpe Avatar

Use the original diablo style map generator, random layouts. Sounds like a great idea.. however this late in the game, I don't expect any new surprises..

jammaplaya likes this.
  3. Solstar

Solstar Avatar

If only I had the time and ability to find all the threads from years past that suggested exactly this.

jammaplaya likes this.
  4. jammaplaya

jammaplaya Avatar

Normally I would totally agree with you, but in this case, there's been a certain outcry for guild activities. Also, to create a system like this might not take that long or be very difficult in Unity, but I don't know that for sure. I think though that it's so much like the random encounters, that it would at least fit in with episode 1.

5. Spoon

Spoon Avatar

How about this one as an appetizer:
    https://www.shroudoftheavatar.com/f...y-generated-dungeons.66122/page-2#post-688118
    Sounds like a good twist in the concept.

I'm in support of any suggestion that gets procedurally generated scenes into the game.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.