Meticulous Collection - Huge Nerf

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Elrond, Feb 27, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Elrond

Elrond Avatar

After the last patch if you are interupted during harvesting you no longer continue meticulous collection . Given the respawn timers of certain areas this is a huge nerf for resource gathering ..if before you could get 3-5-10 even more sometimes meticulous collections this is now no longer possible .... If something respawns during gathering you lose resources... I hope this issue will be reversed.

2. Onyx

Onyx Avatar

I rather hope that they keep the difficulty up so as to allow gathering and selling resources to become viable much like crafting is. Those who want to gather should be able to make a living too by selling what they gather.

Roycestein Kaelstrom likes this.
  3. Zapatos80

Zapatos80 Avatar

As it stands, meticulous collection is pretty terrible. A shame too, since I was excited about the concept. The fact that it takes so long, doesn't grant you an additional chance at "extra" loot (IE Tungsten or Tin) AND doesn't give you any extra XP actually makes meticulous worse than having none at all if you want to gather "extra loot" or crafting XP fast. Definitely shouldnt be that way.

The fix would be quite simple, too :
    1) Each succesful meticulous harvest grants XP (ideally the higher the number of meticulous harvests in a row, the more XP you get).
    2) Each succesful meticulous harvest has a small chance of dropping "extra" loot (Tin, Tungsten borers, black cutworm, etc)

Make Meticulous great again!

4. Zapatos80

Zapatos80 Avatar

Not sure if we're playing the same game here but crafting is a HUGE money sink. Selling raw materials is by far the best moneymaker, not even close.

5. Gideon Thrax

Gideon Thrax Avatar

No worries - there's an artifact for that :D
    Belt of the Patient Harvester

6. Elrond

Elrond Avatar

Its not about the difficulty if for example they want to reduce the resources in the game they can do that with higher ( time wise) respawn rates .... and not by making a skill like Meticulous Collection ...almost useless..

Roycestein Kaelstrom likes this.
  7. Zapatos80

Zapatos80 Avatar

God, that's like equipping a cursed belt in Dragon Warrior :p

At least they got the idea right with Belt of the Brutal Butcher. WTB the mining equivalent please!

8. mass

mass Avatar

But for real? You can't even sell crafted goods at cost of raw materials except for the extreme high end in crafting.

Roycestein Kaelstrom and vrillx like this.
  9. FrostII

FrostII Bug Hunter

@Zapatos80
    Can you point to any documentation or dev post or specific data collected to support your statement in the quote above ?

10. MrBlight

MrBlight Avatar

Unless it was changed.. it only adds the raw material. Iron. Copper. Never extra tin, or tung or nickle.
    Just like youve never gotten more then 1 suet from metic.

It is stated somewhere aswell.

On op.
    Thats a huge kick in nuts for metic.. im hoping thats a bug. That carryover is only way to get long sprees sometimes with respawn.

11. FrostII

FrostII Bug Hunter

How often do you get Tungston without a metic ?

12. Barugon

Barugon Avatar

I don't ever get tungsten from a meticulous collection, only extra iron ore.

13. Lazlo

Lazlo Avatar

Tbf, it was kind of messed up the way it was before. If you got interrupted during a meticulous, it was actually a benefit because you could get a second 2x or 3x. In any case, I really doubt this will have a big impact on gathering rates.

14. Zapatos80

Zapatos80 Avatar

I think any serious crafter here can tell you over 10000s of harvests, not a single extra mat (suet, beetle, tin etc) has been dropped.

That alone would make Meticulous worth it IMO. Or if at least it gave a chance for high level/GM Metic that would be awesome. I can't even bring myself to spend the last 400k XP for 98-GM Metic because it's so worthless.

Hornpipe likes this.
  15. Atticus Gryphonheart

Atticus Gryphonheart Legend of the Hearth

Bah. I never knew it didn't increase a chance of getting a suet, beetle, tin, etc. It make me now want to unlearn meticulous. I only got it to increase the chances for the rares. Only get one to three ores initially. I thought it would increase if I got it to grandmaster, but seems it isn't worth it (Meticulous already at like 90ish). Was annoyed this release because stupid critter always respawned and beelined to me before can finish that last meticulous and wouldn't get it. In past I could continue.

They really need to make it worth it. Already thought was a gyp because no extra xp, but thinking had a chance for the special that may also drop was an incentive to keep. Now I know.

16. Barugon

Barugon Avatar

The node respawn time is what limits how fast you can gather ore, so getting extra ore from a node is absolutely worth it. I'm not going to GM it, though, as 90 is probably enough.

17. Zapatos80

Zapatos80 Avatar

Yes, it's all right in a few spots where you're limited by respawn times. Not the case in many areas though. Still an overall loss if you're solely going for crafting XP too.

18. Lazlo

Lazlo Avatar

It's much better for some things than others. It's great for things like gold, silver, and wood, because the base material itself has a lot of value. It's also good for gems because you can get full gems on a meticulous. It's not such a big deal for things with base materials that aren't very valuable, like cotton.

Innascual Inch likes this.
  19. Atticus Gryphonheart

Atticus Gryphonheart Legend of the Hearth

To an extent. My met collection is about 90ish, and maybe if I got lucky I would get 4 met collection for one entire round (with 1 being a 3fer or higher) of collecting silver or gold (if they all spawned). But it only adds 1 per met collection, so if the initial harvest was 1, I got 2 total. And I will get interrupted by a respawn at least twice during that period (Bad habit of killing all at once during breaking of camp and I always loot immediately). Statistically, it is not worth it.

Regarding gem, it cost xp to farm gem (net negative gain to my crafting xp when I mine gems). You don't gain any xp even with met collection, but it seems to take the same amount of time to harvest (grandmaster miner and grandmaster harvester. Was working meticulous before doing nodes). Yes I do notice the increase of critical mining with the gems (so can be instant, but same is with the ores). But at the moment I only farm the big crystals if they spawn.

Ok, granted, prob wouldn't completely have gotten rid of meticulous collection, but I definitely would have stopped it at around level 40 to 50.

20. MrBlight

MrBlight Avatar

1/3 ? 1/4?
    Enough that when i metic x6 - x9 , ive never seen it add MORE bonuse materials. never had more then 1 tungsten or nickle, or tin.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.