Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

[Info needed] Mysterious Fishing Rod Damage

Discussion in 'Release 37 Bug Forum' started by illusive_allusion, Jan 6, 2017.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. illusive_allusion

illusive_allusion Avatar

1. Title: Mysterious Fishing Rod Damage
    2. Reproduction Rate: 100%
    3. Blocker? No.
    4. Details: My fishing rod just broke. I have never been fishing; I do not even have the skill unlocked. The rod slowly acquired damage by merely being equipped.
    5. Steps to Reproduce: Unknown.
    6. User Specs: HP Model 500-281, Windows 10 Home, Intel Core i3, 3.4 GHz, 8 GB RAM, NVIDIA GeForce 750 Ti.

2. Daxxe Diggler

Daxxe Diggler Avatar

@illusive_allusion - Thank you for reporting. Bug is being recorded for review.

Just curious though, does a "broken" fishing rod prevent you from fishing?

3. Serafina

Serafina Portalarian Emeritus

@illusive_allusion I was unable to repro this internally. You should automatically have the Fishing Rod equipped.

Could you provide a screenshot showing the damage?

4. illusive_allusion

illusive_allusion Avatar

@Serafina Sorry about my tardiness in replying. Unfortunately, I destroyed the broken pole and am now using prosperity tools. I suppose I could buy another regular pole, equip it, and see if it gets damaged. I'll do that. If the new rod gets damage, I'll take a screenshot for you.

@Daxxe Diggler Yes, a broken rod means no fishing. It's the same as trying to collect from an ore node with a broken pickaxe. I have yet to buy the fishing skill, so how the rod acquired wear is beyond my comprehension.

Last edited: Jan 24, 2017
  5. illusive_allusion

illusive_allusion Avatar

6. illusive_allusion

illusive_allusion Avatar

@Serafina

(My every attempt to edit my previous post has failed. Please forgive this separate post for the explanation!)

I have never cast a line, not even once. The rod with mysterious wear (note 83/99 durability) is the second one I have not used. :p The first one, as stated above, slowly acquired wear without my ever using it. I bought my current one from the crafting merchant after discarding the worn-out one and simply waited for the new rod to show wear. Please note in the screen shot that my Fishing skill is 1. I bought the skill a few days ago, thinking perhaps the second rod was not going to bug out. And then I just today noticed that the second rod has delivered. ;)

7. illusive_allusion

illusive_allusion Avatar

[​IMG]

The mysterious wear continues . . .

I still have never cast a rod.

Does any part of combat or dying place random wear on crafting tools? (Many months ago someone told me it did, but I've never heard that confirmed as intentional from Portalarium. If that's true perhaps the wear I'm seeing is completely intentional and not a bug at all?)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.