Drachvald: Still Relevant?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Lifedragn, Mar 9, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lifedragn

Lifedragn Avatar

I consider Drachvald my home region. My sole property located in my guild's otherwise abandoned PoT. It is a small group and they've opted for locations such as Aldwater and Harvest for their own homes. Outside of that though, the region still just feels very empty a lot of the time. It feels like the only reason for folks to drop into this region is to do the Love quests and then there is little other reason for them to stay. Are folks still hanging around here as a home region? Or have most moved on to locations near higher value scenes?

2. Thwip

Thwip Avatar

I have a pretty sweet dig I enjoy up on top of a cliff in Spite... :D

Also Wilfred has a sweet spot set up in Neufeld, he's got all the expert crafting stations set up there. Plus a nice training range...

Berek, Leelu, DancingShade and 2 others like this.
  3. Stundorn

Stundorn Avatar

The most german players live in the Drachvald Region in Drachental, Drachenfels, Dracheninsel.

Leelu, Roycestein Kaelstrom and Luffy like this.
  4. mass

mass Avatar

I've stayed in Spite even though many have left. I remember when Lux moved their POT out of Drachvald and lots of players were concerned that the region might not have specific resource value compared to other regions. We were personally assured by LB that the region would have value and people would want to live there. I think that has yet to come to fruition. I like the area, and I kinda like that I can solo scenes in multiplayer for the moment, but the area does need something unique to draw people. Here are some of my thoughts regarding the region:
    -We have no 5 skull PVE areas; need one or two
    -We have no scenes with 'obsidian' creatures to hunt, need one or two
    -Mystic gems should have a unique value in crafting
    -We should have a boat travel to Hidden Vale
    -Is there an overmap dragon encounter? I haven't seen it...
    -Graff Gem mines should be the only mine that has every kind of gem; I assume when it gets an unclone, this is where we'll really start to see if Drachvald will catch up in value or not.

5. Adam Crow

Adam Crow Avatar

There use to be, but when they put the overland encounters visible on the map, it was removed.
    These two items in particular make no sense to me. Isn't it suppose to be a tougher region? Yet no 5 skull pve? They could have just thrown a clone or two in at least. I just don't get it.

6. Lifedragn

Lifedragn Avatar

The V. Pass is 5 skull. Another would be nice.

The Ruins have them.

Yes, please!

I haven't seen it since they went from random encounters to what we have now.

7. mass

mass Avatar

That's technically 'between' Drachvald and Grunvald. Not like other regions where there are 5 skull scenes unique to the region. Technically, Graff Gem mines is 5 skull as well, but I mean a general, overworld scene, uniquely in Drachvald.
    I assume you mean the Golems. 1. I really meant 'meat' producing obsidian creatures; and 2. Needs to be PVE accessible.

8. Turk Key

Turk Key Avatar

Spite denizen here. Yep the whole area is pretty barren but I guess that is one of the reasons I settled here. I second the request for 5 skull areas or higher. Personally, I think traversing Vauben pass to get here is adequate access though a boat to Hidden Vale would not get much objection from me. I literally never see anyone when in multiplayer but I do get occasional sales on my vendor. People need to start stocking vendors better as this is a key draw to an area. I hope that all the gems show up in Graff mines but not at the expense of ore nodes.

9. _Twilight_

_Twilight_ Avatar

I used to have a water lot at port graff. The run to other part of the world through Vauban pass is quite time consuming.

A boat from graff island or port graff to Brit or Hidden vale will be a boost to the players staying in Drachvald.

10. Lifedragn

Lifedragn Avatar

Forgot, we have Shores of Malice and Malice itself. Those are 5 skull, yes?

11. Lifedragn

Lifedragn Avatar

You can use Blood Bay as a riskier, but easy shortcut.

Numa, Alexander, Leelu and 1 other person like this.
  12. Atticus Gryphonheart

Atticus Gryphonheart Legend of the Hearth

I go through Graff mine to get to New Britanny. Was a bit easier before keys broke though.

13. mass

mass Avatar

Both viable; I think, though, these don't add value to Drachvald homesteading. The problem we have we Drachvald is that there's no clear reason to homestead there (apparently unless you're German, which if I spoke, I would have no reason to question it's value :)).

14. Stundorn

Stundorn Avatar

Please consider Graff mines are hard to pass. I cannot, i am Level 63 Mage and i die pretty quick in the mine.
    Obsidian bears or Wolfs arent here, Ruins are PvP.
    A shortcut to hidden Vale is maybe nice.
    The shortcut Bloodbay is PvP too, but it's ok.
    Malice is Quest restricted to me.

15. DancingShade

DancingShade Avatar

I would love to visit the good people in Drachvald more often from my home on the isle of Norgard but Vauben Pass is a heck of a gateway.

I feel spoiled by having a 4 skull swamp next to Estgard & Mud and the 5 skull kobold city also very close by. Agree completely that another 5 skull area for Drachvald would probably be very appreciated by the players there.

Numa and Leelu like this.
  16. Stundorn

Stundorn Avatar

Vauban Pass has it's shortcut, i don't know if its possible below my level (63), but you can Pass it without having to fight.
    Douse ore some Fire resistance would help.
    Stay left and climb the rocks nearly the Earth Golem.
    Wait until some Mages and Bandits on the other side are fighting Wolfs or a Bear or whats around, then run to the bridge and bingo. There will be some Arrows on your back and maybe your cloth get burned, but you need not to go through the Mountain.

Numa, Duke Olahorand and Leelu like this.
  17. Lars vonDrachental

Lars vonDrachental Avatar

Actually I do not think that Drachvald has to be changed that much. I like the region, the cities and scenes…I think Drachvald already has something special even as they are still in the beginning of reworking and uncloning the regions.
    Maybe one additional scene would sufficient but just if Drachvald is below the average regarding 5 skull scenes.

I do not think every region needs to have them. Regarding trade and economy I could even think this is by design and if it is I would have no problem with it.

I think too that the gems should have some usage…maybe they are the glowing crystals we can see in some lamps? ;)

I do not think this is necessary as I do not think there is more than one connection needed. Actually I would more appreciate it if in the future episodes the new continents would be directly connected by just one region. E.g. Drachvald is in the future the only direct connection to a continent in the east, Nordard to a continent in the north, Longfall to a continent in the west and Perennial Coast to a continent in the south.

Didn’t some say they had such encounters in Drachvald? Maybe they are deactivated till rework.

I think the devs already said something in that direction.

mass and Leelu like this.
  18. Birko

Birko Avatar

It is the hardest region to get to, and I guess that it will be one of the most important in lore.
    The whole unsung song of The Blade of the Avatar begins in this region, as it is the birthplace of The Obsidian Eye. "...an orphan of a village on the River Meino just outside of Rhun."

The region is isolated, but is still accessible. An unarmed diplomat from Owl's Head can make it to Spite alive, however they may have to endure a PvP flag for a short moment.
    To go from Regalis to Drachvald, you need to sail via Blood Bay, specifically Judge's Watch or Smugglers Hold. Sprint to the nearest red sail boat and take it to Graff Island.
    Do the reverse if you are in Drachvald and need to buy cheese in Brittany. I predict that superior ale will be from Drachvald.

Here's a map :
    [​IMG]

DancingShade, smack, Numa and 3 others like this.
  19. Halvard

Halvard Avatar

I my self live in spite and was beginning to think I had made a bad choice placing there but the more I've looked around the more I think I would regret letting my spot go.

Runebooks would solve all my house worries in the blink of an eye tho ;)

20. Kara Brae

Kara Brae Avatar

Were't the uncloned versions of two Drachvald scenes introduced in yesterday's Telethon (Rhun Ruins and North Drachvald Spur if I'm not mistaken)?

Those scenes may not be the 5 skull PVE scenes looked for, but they looked great and I think they will attract a lot of players and help to enliven the region a bit.

DancingShade, smack and Aldo like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.