5 card system and Pick Pocket

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Yakamo LLTS, Mar 9, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Yakamo LLTS

Yakamo LLTS Avatar

Pick pocket was changed and we all accept it but what I do not accept is that it was removed from the entire 5 card system and turned into a 1 card skill.

There was reason to change the thief system, and stealing was so fast, but there was no reason to make the only skill in the game not part of your System at all.

Make pickpocket an emote and make it affect your notoriety. Justifying 1 skill in the entire game as a blunder, is exactly what it turned out to be.

Adam Crow, Vallo Frostbane and Leelu like this.
  2. Gideon Thrax

Gideon Thrax Avatar

It was probably a damage control move on Ports part... when I used to go hunting thieves, I'd wait for them to sneak up behind me and then turn around and just start drilling them. Back then, all the thief could do was run away because their combat deck was stacked full of sneaky stealthy stuff for being sneaky and stealthy. Now, when a thief gets caught they have a full-on combat deck to engage with.

Seems like the glyph could have been nerfed like everything else - the entire game play mechanic for thieves was changed dramatically. It's not even fun hunting them anymore.

Adam Crow, Leelu and valor like this.
  3. Vallo Frostbane

Vallo Frostbane Avatar

Problem with stealing was that people were stupid enough to go afk in a PVP zone or with a PVP flag...

If we try to make the game so noone can make a mistake, the game turns out badly.. Thieving was a victim of trivializing the game world and the interaction between players.
    I hope we don't move any further in that direction, and the skill gets revisited.

valor likes this.
  4. Adam Crow

Adam Crow Avatar

I could see why that would be boring. Hunting something that doesn't exist anymore sounds pretty uneventful. ;)

Duke Avery likes this.
  5. Adam Crow

Adam Crow Avatar

Hmm I was just thinking, with the way unlocked glyphs cool down now, if they just put it back the way it was, wouldn't each glyph be on a 4 minute timer?

How often would you be able to pickpocket with it set up like that? Seems like it would be a bit more reasonable.

6. Gideon Thrax

Gideon Thrax Avatar

If they bring it back maybe we can also get a new screen tip!
    "If you ever log in and find your pants have gone missing, check to see if you're still flagged for 100% consensual PVP"

7. eli

eli Avatar

With 5 glyphs and a 1:10 CD from 90+ pp skill, that would be 5 picks in 35 seconds, 42 second wait, repeat, et cetera.

Or to put it another way: if you walk around with 100 unstacked arrows, a theif would on average get 5x 0gp ransoms per 77 seconds, which works out to a total of 0gp per year, assuming he goes out pickpocketing every night and finds a target every blue moon.

Last edited: Mar 10, 2017
    Vallo Frostbane and Adam Crow like this.
  8. Raistlyn

Raistlyn Avatar

Pickpocketing needs some love for sure, it is an important part of a game like this and has been over nerfed!

Vallo Frostbane and Selene like this.
  9. Raistlyn

Raistlyn Avatar

Haha love it!

chuck5086 and Vallo Frostbane like this.
  10. Sway

Sway Avatar

so it's one card ? idk lock it down, perhaps ?

valor likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.