Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

[Info needed] Placing some items in Town Arena basements is broken

Discussion in 'Release 39 Bug Forum' started by Elryin Silvertree, Mar 16, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Elryin Silvertree

Elryin Silvertree Avatar

3/16/2017 5:10 PM
    Title: Placing some items in Town Arena basements is broken (Reporting as per DarkStarr missing questions post: https://www.shroudoftheavatar.com/f...on-of-the-avatar-2017-missed-questions.83065/)
    Reproduction Rate: 100%
    Blocker? No
    Details: Placing certain items (fences/walls, and possibly others) in certain basements (Town Stone Arena, and possibly others) is broken. I am unable to place any of the wall segments (except the blocks purchasable in the add-on store of course) in the town stone arena basement. Additionally, it seems that placing any items in this basement is hit or miss depending on where it is. If there is a visible seam (texture change) on the ground it will often times not allow an item to be placed across it.
    Steps to Reproduce: Attempt to place walls or other items in basement, especially across seams
    User Specs:
    CPU: AMD FX(tm)-8320 Eight-Core Processor (8) System RAM: 16338
    GPU: AMD Radeon (TM) R9 390 Series GPU RAM: 8169
    SotA.EarlyAccess.Win.64.572.Date.03.10.17
    Area: POT_mountain_metropolis_01_template/Serpent's Watch
    Area Display Name: Serpent's Watch
    Loc: (-341.7, 56.5, 190.4)

2. Tazar

Tazar Avatar

Bug Entered. Thank you for reporting. :)

3. Serafina

Serafina Portalarian Emeritus

@Elryin Silvertree, we shouldn't be able the place fences in any basements as they're exterior objects only.

As for other items that are hard to place, could you tell me exactly which items those are? Could you also give me the location coordinates for where you're trying to place them by typing "/loc" in chat then pasting here?

4. Elryin Silvertree

Elryin Silvertree Avatar

Sorry about the late reply...

That is disappointing considering the level of proper wall type decorations available. Using the tall fence pieces was the best way to separate spaces in this (and likely most of the other stone ones) basement.

I am online right now and I am finding that so far, most if not all decorations **(Edit: that place on the floor) would qualify to this description.

Area: Novia_R3_City_Brittany_Wharfs
    Area Display Name: Brittany Wharfs

Area: BasementSceneDungeonTown_Arena
    Area Display Name: Town Stone Arena Basement
    Loc: (32.5, 5.0, 3.4)

**Edit: Updated this post to reflect testing results
    ***Edit: The most important bit of info to take from the original post is this: "...If there is a visible seam (texture change) on the ground it will ... not allow an item to be placed across it." For this basement (Town Stone Arena) it appears this is isolated to the gallery floor (top floor) and the stair areas.

Last edited: Mar 23, 2017
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.