Required Skill List

Discussion in 'Crafting & Gathering' started by Browncoat Jayson, Jul 30, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Silvermink

Silvermink Avatar

Deer was one of the first things I butchered. I am currently at 26, and have done deer, rabbit, bass, salmon and chicken. I was using a +5 table at one of the player lots that was nicely left available but haven't had a single carcass say too high. I don't buy recipes as I'm not very proficient at making gold yet.

Time Lord likes this.
  2. Browncoat Jayson

Browncoat Jayson Legend of the Hearth

I was able to do deer, rabbit and salmon, but my crafting skill was 35. Its quite possible they are all level 20, but havn't been able to confirm.

Last edited: Aug 6, 2016
    Time Lord likes this.
  3. Eeyore

Eeyore Avatar

Once I hit 20 I moved Chicken Carcass to the top and the button lit up. I've tried the same thing with every other carcass and fish I have to no avail. I'm up to lvl 40 now from processing Salmon and Chicken. Either they have taken away the recipe discovery aspect, or they put the level really high. Or I suppose it could simply be broken.

Time Lord likes this.
  4. Browncoat Jayson

I learned rabbit and deer by discovery, at around 35. I'll check on another character to verify.

Time Lord likes this.
  5. Eeyore

Eeyore Avatar

Okay, I figured it out. I was dragging stacks of mats into the production window. For Discovery mode you can only drag and drop a single carcass. When I finally figured out how to split stacks of mats in my inventory, I tried all the different carcass and fish one at a time and it discovered the recipe fine. It was only by accident that I found I could get a quantity tool by holding shift and dragging a stack in inventory. Every other MMO I've ever been in, it was a combination of either shift/ctrl/alt and right click to split stacks. Crazy to have to drag to split.

Now because I'm 50+ in Butchery I don't know if there is a skill level requirement on any of the meats, or if it was coincidence that I happened to try with a single Chicken Carcass at lvl 20!

Time Lord and Browncoat Jayson like this.
  6. Laurana

Laurana Avatar

I did chicken as the first thing I butchered.

Sent from my SM-S902L using Tapatalk

Time Lord likes this.
  7. Alex_Wildeagle

Alex_Wildeagle Avatar

Question on specializing.
    I'm working carpentry primary but would also like to make my own cloth armor.
    I already have forestry 60, survey 40, swift gather 41 and MC at 37. And carpentry is working it's way up at 49 now...chests here I come.
    So how diverse can I become before hurting specialization at higher levels?

Time Lord likes this.
  8. Browncoat Jayson

Until you have multiple skills at or above 100, you shouldn't have to worry about choosing. It will become difficult to invest across a large number of skills, but I expect less so in the crafting trees than in the adventuring ones.

Time Lord likes this.
  9. PrimeRib

PrimeRib Avatar

I don't really think you hurt yourself as long as you are also gaining xp through adventuring / grinding.

If you spend all your time in town RPing, then you xp pool will likely be very small and you'll have to choose your skills carefully.

Time Lord likes this.
  10. Silvermink

Silvermink Avatar

Shift drag gives a quantity box, ctrl drag moves 1.

Time Lord likes this.
  11. Topher

Topher Avatar

Man....I got the materials...made the blade...had an 'exceptional' result for the copper blade...made the hilt....put it all on the table..triple checked my recipes....

uh oh....

Incoming new information...this is never good...

This is indeed a sad day. That I cannot make my own 2H Sword of Coolness makes me want to choke the cat. Mega Bummer:mad:

Thanks for the information though. I am always suspicious of SotAWiki crafting recipes so I was about to play the "try adding 1 of this or try taking away 2 of that" game until the 'CRAFT' button lit up. You just saved me a lot of time!

Time Lord and Acred like this.
  12. LiquidSky

LiquidSky Avatar

You named your cat Mega Bummer?

Time Lord and Spoon like this.
  13. Topher

Topher Avatar

LMAO..no..his name is Julius. I had a dog (Boxer) who ate the couch..he SHOULD have been named that!

Time Lord likes this.
  14. Kelly O'Shay

Kelly O'Shay Avatar

Is there a list or spreadsheet available telling which vendor has which recipes? For example, which vendor sells the recipe for a clay pipe?

Time Lord and NirAntae like this.
  15. Acred

Acred Avatar

A recipe for "Twirling Baton" was just announced in yesterday's patch notes, but I've no idea what skill will be required to make it.

Time Lord likes this.
  16. Kelly O'Shay

Kelly O'Shay Avatar

I found the clay pipe recipe in the general crafting store in Solania. Talk to Janice.

Time Lord likes this.
  17. Cirsee

Cirsee Avatar

Looking for a vendor that sells the recipe for grey pine timber. Anyone know?

Time Lord likes this.
  18. Kelly O'Shay

Kelly O'Shay Avatar

Janice in Solania has recipe for grey pine timber. She is in the crafting shop, behind the town crier.

Time Lord and Cirsee like this.
  19. Daoen

Daoen Avatar

Do any of you know what level you need in Butchery to process wolf and crocodile carcasses?

Time Lord likes this.
  20. Kelly O'Shay

Kelly O'Shay Avatar

I do not remember the level, but I know how you can find out. If you find a butcher who sells the recipe for chopping the carcass, you can float over the recipe in his vendor list and the tooltip will tell you the level required. Remember that the level will be the one seen in the skills menu under butchering, when you float the pointer over the butchering skill and read the tooltip.

Time Lord likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.