Art sharing

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Tahru, Mar 24, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Tahru

Tahru Avatar

First off, (1) I am an engineer by profession and (2) I have high respect for artists and (3) I litterallty made the world's largest rock art site, expessobeans.com which I gave away almost a decade ago. I hate to mention that because they need new tech now.

I make too much in software that I could never justify to my family to become an artist. But it has always been my retirement plan. I have, maybe, a one of a kind letterpress and experience carving woodcut prints with 100% sellout of everything I ever made. But before, I embrased the happy accidents of the process.

But with my retirement finally in view, I have started getting professional training. I cannot say that I am anywhere close to that level, but I can say that I am producing my imagination over happy accidents. The following art was just a class assignment I wanted to do more, but with only a few days, marks a real change in my art ability.

Note that I don't want praise here, just sharing life experiences.
    http://sunsetbrew.deviantart.com/art/Thomas-Davis-Perspective-1-Week-7-670864687
    [​IMG]

This was a couple weeks ago in the same class when shading was not allowed
    [​IMG]

In summary, I don't want nor expect praise. I just wanted to share my most crazy of experiences.

Ironically, the second image is more correct to the eye as the color image is through a fish-eye lense.

Last edited: Mar 24, 2017
  2. Leelu

Leelu Avatar

I like it. The work has a unique perspective. The screaming man is spot on. Those mixing blades have a high pitch tone that gets higher with each turn of the switch. :)

3. Leostorm

Leostorm Avatar

Looks nice. Good use of your line width. Remember to keep it harmonious for each "layer", for instance the pillars of the gas pump could also use the thicker lines, also take note of fades in line width, like the road lines could get thicker as they get closer. Just helpful tips :3 But looks like you are having fun and thats the most important part.

4. Tahru

Tahru Avatar

Thank you both so much! I know that I made many mistakes and it is also the case that I had time management, with the day job, to deal with choosing to pass the class foremost. Nevertheless, I feel so empowered, so much more in control of my abilities. The class has been worth the expense and the added stress. I highly recommend CGMA for people like me. I won't even provide a referral link because I really mean it.

5. Mugly Wumple

Mugly Wumple Avatar

I find the occasional art or design class valuable for jump-starting my creative engine - even if the class is something I already know or have had.
    M(comfortably retired)W aka Brigham (I'm on Holiday) Dune

Roycestein Kaelstrom and Tahru like this.
  6. Ronan

Ronan Avatar

Good to see fresh art. Images from your thoughts getting put on some type of medium is tough in the beginning. Don't fret it only gets better. I really like the 2nd one. A bakers worst nightmare!

7. Arkah EMPstrike

Arkah EMPstrike Avatar

I like the little box guys witht he UPS truck

8. Tahru

Tahru Avatar

Thanks for the feedback! I really must hide my computer when I drink Sake. I don't know what it is about sake that makes me so chatty online.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.