Soda Business model plans

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Brass Knuckles, Mar 27, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Brass Knuckles

Brass Knuckles Avatar

I am curious what the buisness model looks like post launch/retail.

Will shroud stick to the 45+bundels+micro transactions plan or will this evolve. Housing and the big bundle packages are very expensive will we see a subscription package come online?

Have you considered:

It might be hard for people to justify a $500 village bundle but a 12.99 subscription program that comes with a village lot and house might be right down their alley.

Also possibly a free to play since micro transactions steam to be the main current model. Really I'm just interested in the long term financing plan. I know future kickstarters is a part of it and I can't wait for esp 2 kickstarter any idea when that's coming?

@dallas @DarkStarr @Lord British

2. majoria70

majoria70 Avatar

Well there is a very long thread speculating on future funding for this game. In my opinion as with most things regarding this game it will be a 'wait and see what works' and 'wait and see how it goes'. So the plan has always been stated as a 'Buy to play funding' with convenience items on the cash shop.

Right now some are irritated with the way they feel the cash shop is promoted set up and I really expect that in time the Dev team will work on the cash shop to be less intrusive to people.
    I did look up this word to make sure it stated what I want to say because 'no coffee yet' mode ;) and I think it works ;). They just have so much on their plate right now trying to get the game released in a timely manner and to implement some of our feedback as they are trying to do this. It is crazy days to say the least.
    in·tru·sive
    inˈtro͞osiv/

1. 1.

causing disruption or annoyance through being unwelcome or uninvited.
      "that was an intrusive question"
      synonyms: intruding, invasive, obtrusive, unwelcome, pushy; More

I also would expect that if the game is successful, and I do expect to see it become successful, even with doubting Thomases and naysayers running wild on these forums, ;) and why do I think this? Well here is what I believe: For one main thing:

This Dev team is willing to add in what we like, and they are willing to push the limits of the Unity engine to the max and then push it some more. In the end Unity will wish they never heard of Shroud of the Avatar, but they will become a much better engine because of Shroud of the Avatar. ;) The Devs will do what they need to do when the time comes. That is what my crystal ball says ;).

[​IMG]

*Majoria saunters off to get coffee ;)* lol sorry didn't mean to derail your thoughts but this just came up for me when reading your thread first thing this morning , nothing personal. :)

edited already ;)

Last edited: Mar 27, 2017
  3. Brass Knuckles

Brass Knuckles Avatar

Nope your post and thoughts are welcome, I'm just curious if this will get any dev touches. ;)

jammaplaya and 2112Starman like this.
  4. yarnevk

yarnevk Avatar

5. Brass Knuckles

Brass Knuckles Avatar

Last edited: Mar 27, 2017
  6. Greyfox

Greyfox Avatar

Soda Business model plan:

Sell overpriced sugar water through extensive advertising, peer pressure sales, and take advantage of unintelligent consumers to make a huge profit.

(Also pressure government officials to ensure your product can be purchased with government aid meant for real food.)

Hazard, neveser, Hornpipe and 15 others like this.
  7. 2112Starman

2112Starman Avatar

lol, I see what you did there!!! :)

Brass Knuckles and Mortanius like this.
  8. MrBlight

MrBlight Avatar

I think its safe to say they arnt going to elaborate on it, or they would have before. This has been asked quite a few times, and havnt seen anything that wasnt vague or player speculation.
    Am curious myself.

*we love thr community and am building episode 1 to be best we can!* basically summarizes howin depth they want to talk about specifics lol

9. Barugon

Barugon Avatar

LOL, I was thinking the same thing when I saw the title of this thread.

Brass Knuckles likes this.
  10. Stryker Sparhawk

Stryker Sparhawk Avatar

Is this the power of AutoCorrect?

11. Verit

Verit Avatar

Haha My children say this " Dad , can we see the soda game" :)

Alana Baran likes this.
  12. Ravicus Domdred

Ravicus Domdred Avatar

you mean "critical thinkers" right? People that have purchased and are fearful of the direction should not be cast aside with dismissive terms.

EDIT: I will not try to derail this thread. I already can see more people coming to shout me down.

Last edited: Mar 29, 2017
  13. Roycestein Kaelstrom

Roycestein Kaelstrom Avatar

I'm very concerned with the direction soda is going. The increase in soda/pop taxes are causing people to not want to buy the products in many municipalities.

Oh wait...

Greyfox likes this.
  14. Greyfox

Greyfox Avatar

I would be FAR FAR FAR FAR................FAR more concerned with a title like COE than the future of Shroud.

My speculation for the future of Shroud, keep up the constantly mostly high quality updates and sell 1 million+ copies of a quality MMO on PC and consoles. Make some ongoing profit selling items in the add on store and new episodes every few years.

15. Brass Knuckles

Brass Knuckles Avatar

Haha, new phone and yes auto correct but im leaving it.

Yup huge!

16. Gideon Thrax

Gideon Thrax Avatar

Did Portalarium ever come out and say if SotA aims to be COPPA/PEGI compliant, or what the target ESRB rating might be? Knowing that might help people understand who the devs are considering as the average target customer/player. That could help to steer some speculation for future marketing I suppose.

Ravicus Domdred likes this.
  17. Ravicus Domdred

Ravicus Domdred Avatar

Why not just ask Portalarium what the future marketing will be? Make sure you stock up on the 25 yr food supply and water waiting for an answer though lol.

Ice Queen likes this.
  18. Ice Queen

Ice Queen Avatar

I would say once the game is complete and gets say 3-12 months of initial sales, they will go with a free to play model and a subscription option. When episode 2 comes out it has an initial box so to speak sale, then rinse repeat. Most games these days with the exception of WoW and GW2 have had to go with this option to be profitable long-term. With Sota being a niche game, it's the best choice and most likely choice to do so to survive. It will be interesting to see if there is much resistance from backers when they do.

Last edited: Mar 30, 2017
  19. Brass Knuckles

Brass Knuckles Avatar

Id love that!!

Ravicus Domdred and Ice Queen like this.
  20. Canterbury

Canterbury Avatar

Ice Queen likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.