1. Here you will find official announcements and updates. These announcements are also linked in the Official SotA Discord server.
    We encourage comments from the community! To keep the announcements official, we ask that comment threads be created in the General forums for player input.

Thanks!

Q2 2017 Schedule Update

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by DarkStarr, Mar 30, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 2112Starman

2112Starman Avatar

Can we add a new virtue? Patience? As in Patience is a virtue?

2. Jaanelle DeJure

Jaanelle DeJure Avatar

Sorry, but misinformation reigns supreme in this post-fact era. Also, expecting people to read things before commenting on them is now considered totally unreasonable, and downright rude. Perhaps you missed the memo?

On the plus side, you now have the creative superpower to make anything "true" by simply stating it is so or not so. Good luck, Sir! :D

But don't feel too bad... here's an Obsidian Chip for your troubles...

[The previous comments were an attempt at humor, and not to be taken literally. Unless you are one of those people who uses the word "literally" when you mean "figuratively" in which case... oh forget it.]

Last edited: Mar 30, 2017
  3. Barugon

Barugon Avatar

Exactly.

4. Bowen Bloodgood

Bowen Bloodgood Avatar

Oh the quips I could make...

5. Jaanelle DeJure

Jaanelle DeJure Avatar

I fear that witty remarks are all we have left to hold on to anymore... :eek:

Fionwyn Wyldemane likes this.
  6. Bowen Bloodgood

Bowen Bloodgood Avatar

Well now the world hasn't ended yet. :)

7. yarnevk

yarnevk Avatar

Seems that story reset should come every month and not at 'release'. Unless you really want a disaster of only new users testing the new user experience and telling all their friends not to buy the game as it is bad. At least when we tell you when it is bad, we mean well in hopes it gets fixed so people will buy the game.

Experience users should test it first, but to do that they need to be able to reset back to the Burning of Solace Bridge so that they can experience the stories in the outskirts. I am not going to fund a new account to get a testing alt, but maybe you can have us preview the free trials before they happen with free alts.

8. Jocularis

Jocularis Avatar

this. I have Edelmann pledge, and in the last Q1 was mentioned that alchool will be introduced this month. Please give us feedback. And even fishing and agricolture polishing (remember the 'mass planting'?) hase been announced and then disappeared in the last few release and it seem even in the next 4.

Last edited: Mar 31, 2017
    Lord Baldrith likes this.
  9. Jocularis

Jocularis Avatar

well, I hope so. But, dear Jayson, your words are trustful as mine.

10. Lasazarr

Lasazarr Avatar

That's very good!
    But, is it really enough?
    Is an full wipe (without the playerhouses, the pledge/addonstore items, POTs) not the more ideal solution?
    The benefits are:
    1. All Players, old and new, starts at the beginning, and have (more or less) all the same chances
    2. All Items which are exploitet etc. will be gone.

11. Lum the Mad

Lum the Mad Developer Emeritus Dev Emeritus

You can create as many offline-mode characters as you like and use them to test the NUE.

12. Bow Vale

Bow Vale Avatar

Some not all of the downsides are:
    1) All the players that purchased gold/resources from other players with out of game funds in order to raise crafting and also paid for combat xp that was endorsed by the company will be out of pocket.
    2) All the active players that were told this was final wipe and have put XXX hours in to raise their skills over players that haven't been as active/loyal/spent as much money/played the game will rightly feel hard done by. This would likely have the effect of those players not bothering to log back in and the players that were not as active, will likely still be not very active, meaning net loss of players. Why would anyone believe that that wouldn't happen again if they did it the once for no benefit to the players that actively play the game.
    3) There will always be exploits, even if u wipe now, and then again , and again there will always be exploits happening. The players must trust the team to remove gains from an exploiters and their accounts.
    4) Its been stated after persistence in a number of places by devs there would be no more wipes. A small roll back would be understandable to get rid of some short term exploit or unwanted consequence but going back on a wipe promise would alienate all the active players for the presumed benefit of those that aren't as active or loyal.

There will always be players late to the party in these type of games, this needs to be offset with the ability for them to catch up to a large degree with older players and that's part of the core game design with ever increasing costs to raise a negligible amount of benefit. Working as intended, small tweaks needed at times, no wipes....ever.

13. Roycestein Kaelstrom

Roycestein Kaelstrom Avatar

Also I would to add that right now it takes about 2 weeks a freshly brand new players with some help from friends/guild mates to be able to handle 5-skull contents. There is not a whole lot of advantage for forcing everyone to start over as far as character progression goes.

14. Lasazarr

Lasazarr Avatar

@Bow Vale @Roycestein Kaelstrom

You are posting the same phrases, which are posted when a new Game leaves the Beta and there's an wipe before release.

1. The earned Gold is lost? That's an positive effect! After Release all Players have the same chances to get the Money. Now, the new Players has a harder way to get wealth as in the old times.
    2. The Devs told that there will be never ever an Wipe again? Oh come on, it will be not the first time and never the last time, when Devs are saying that something never will happen and then Change their mind.
    3. You really think, that the Staff of Portalarium has the time during development, to track down the exploitet items/Money etc.? After release, they have much more time to do this in future exploits, but not now.

15. Hornpipe

Hornpipe Avatar

@Bow Vale arguments are pretty valid. It doesn't matter she posted the same phrases again. She is right. Wipe is clearly not on the planning. It won't help the new players to compete with veterans unless the wipe is monthly. And, ultimately, a lot of people would lose time, gold and real money with this wipe.

Della kit, Barugon and Bow Vale like this.
  16. 2112Starman

2112Starman Avatar

You know that absolutely impossible right? People have probably done 1 million in Real Money Transactions in the past 8 months (not I though).

I dont know why people are so bent about this. Ya, some people were able to jump up levels real fast but who really cares... seriously. I've now made adv lvl 93 completely solo in good ol normal 5 skull zones and I can actually compete with these guys now in PvP (give them a good run). Im a casual player. Besides the fact that what they were doing was not really exploiting and those guys were some of the most instrumental *helpers* in helping the dev's fix stuff (Chris himself said he followed them around and fixed the things they found). Its not like the lvl 110 guys in the game are bad people, in fact I have found that they are some of the nicest and giving people in the game (even if a few hate me for getting chain lighting balanced (they would call it a nurf.. mmwwhuuuhhhaaaaaa)). Hell, Robert grouped with us once and handed out like 300 COTO to the people in the group for free.

17. Lasazarr

Lasazarr Avatar

I hope Portalarium get also some percents of that Money ...

What did they paid for? Items like Houses, Deeds, Pledgerewards etc? These items should not be wiped.
    If they paid Money to get crafting resources ... sorry, but that's their risk. We all know that the crafting stuff is still in development, and there could anytime an wipe of the skills happen.

Ravicus Domdred likes this.
  18. 2112Starman

2112Starman Avatar

Its not really their own risk when Port says there is no more wipes (the risk is now Port's). A full wipe would lead to the absolute destruction of this game (community) and probably a class action lawsuit.

Chatele, discipleofweb and Hornpipe like this.
  19. Mugly Wumple

Mugly Wumple Avatar

I believe one of the goals for release is to have a working economy with goods supplied mostly by players. This is what a new player should see - a working, living world with world founders who have been in Novia for awhile and ready to help and serve (and exploit) new players. If you reset everyone to zero you'll destroy the towns, economy and community that is growing now.

My title is Founder. I want that to mean something.

Chatele likes this.
  20. yarnevk

yarnevk Avatar

That does not test phasing....in Online Mode maybe I saved the girl but when I get back there mom is sobbing because phasing screwed up who should be seeing what in the instance.

Also does not help us see what the restrictions are in free trials, make sure they have no impact on NUE.

Thus the request for free trial alts. I presume free trials are time limited in addition to other limits so that they cannot be exploited as truly free alts.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.