My Thoughts about Game Nerfs

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Cind, Apr 8, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Canterbury

Canterbury Avatar

It's the same thing. If you're shaping the game, you are clearly speaking for all players, because what you are helping to shape affects everybody. Surprised you can't see that and/or want to argue that point.

Darlok Brimstone likes this.
  2. Barugon

Barugon Avatar

There are a number of players that are very active in-game and on the forums, including you. The only difference that I see is that your criticism is often much less constructive.

Greyfox likes this.
  3. jammaplaya

jammaplaya Avatar

Perhaps the key to helping shape the game isn't paying a ton of money after all. Maybe it's all about giving feedback that is also constructive.

Could it be?

majoria70, Lady Cind and Barugon like this.
  4. MrBlight

MrBlight Avatar

Well guess ill be the one to get hated on in here.

Shroud has to understand that not everyone is an abuser of the game - And you blatently need to understand that not everyone thats further along then the average is an abuser. In this whole thread its implied that anyone who is further then the average somehow got there with abuse only. Yes some people used exploits and abuse to get further along. A lot of people are just far a long due to time put in. This is an important distinction, as the majority of my guild is entering that *end game* phase, that your talking about.

Most players cant fight the daemon alone - True. And how is a longer respawn bad? Since when was boss farming supposed to be a thing? Even a 10 min respawn seems kinda silly since the stupid way they have the modes, and you can instantly switch back and forth. So you feel that the fact some people can SOLO THE BOSS, the long respawn punishs the groups it takes to fight them? So ... decreasing the spawn rate so the people who can solo the boss.. can do it faster.. is your solution? Seriously?
    The funny thing is, players are DOING this because theres was/isnt a whole lot else for them to do. If they wanted to prevent boss farming, they cant have it as an un capped system.

*Edit - Apparenlty they talked about mining in the last video i havnt looked at. So this question can be left open
    Mining has hardly been touched. Other then serpents mine being uncloned.. what in mining has been changed? My yield hasnt changed since persistance. And if players are going out buying the ore.. where do you think the ore for sale is coming from?
    You can still get silver in Skull 1 areas. This alone is stupid. You've got a system already preventing pure crafters, but then theres the highest demand resource in a 1 skull area... (16 nodes of it btw). Ore is more and more becoming something they want you to gather on the way, and not stand there doing non stop. That being said, what has changed? 1 mine uncloned? (one mine that wasnt even the best yield of iron.. ).

Taming got nerfed becasue people took high level spiders and went AFK on the control point, farming hte highest level mobs using the pets. This is actually a good point and has already been anounced they are rebalancing the whole taming / pet tree soon.

Drops are laughable. - Also a big factor is that loot tables will be the last thing to be put in. Just think about your own statement. Too many players are Soloing the bosses, but i want the loot to reflect the difficult of the bosses, making gold more and more worthless, or items more and more worthless. But you also want unique and exciting drops! I guarentee the drops dont get adjusted till release when they have a proper balance going in. If they even SCALED UP the gold right now, the economy (if you want to call it that) would simply collapse. They JUST added artifacts.. and you want them to be more common ? Every artifact was documented in like 8 hours. They drop all the way from 3 skull and up. Increasing that drop rate, isnt going to encourage * More people to be excited about getting a drop! * It will make me go to a 3 skull, kill everything 50x faster then you, and sell those artifacts for 1/10 the value of what they intend them to be. Explain to me how this is good for the game?

The economy is hardly even functioning atm, and the drop rates are very very low on artifacts/cotos / because low for you, is 20x quicker for others. And unfortunatly you need to accomidate for people with more hours as well.

The only part of that that i agree with is that Deco's from the add on store could be dropped on super rare occasion. ( The problem with this, is high end players, or further along players will farm and end up completly destroying the value of said items. Pissing off anyone who spent the money on it from the store, which is the original value ) - This can be discussed more seperatly, as theres solutions im sure.

I would like SOTA to handle what they feel are player abuses different. It is time for the responsibility to fall upon the shoulders of the abusers and not the regular players. --
    And here is an argument that has been had 100x over. What is abuse? Is it abuse that i spent more time on the game, and can kill things faster? Is it abuse that someone used a skill to power level, before it was adjusted?
    Always comes back to the same thing. This is an Early Access, if these people wernt showing the glaring balancing /mechanic flaws, then they would never get fixed. You want to start punishing people for using things they may not even know were broken / unintentional? This is that fine line of * who exploited, vs who just played the game *

Instead of tweaking things, please inform the players that you don't want players doing certain things --
    Except not everyone reads the forums, nor should they have to be. Cant punish people for testing things in a test run. And even this i would have to see some examples ?
    Lets say the taming.
    The spiders were holding control points where 4?5? players could go AFK using only their pets to farm tons and tons of Exp. They should have just left the pets that strong and made an announcement not to use them so much? lol.. thats not how it works.

Simply put you need the abusers here right now, to find glaring issues and fix the issues, this is EXACTLY what an early access is for.

New player input is at this point as important as players already here.
    The input from current players is so skewed its ridiculous. New players add a fresh perspective, and point out the glaring issues without any obligation to sugar coat it. Or any personal investment to try to justify.
    IMO their feedback in a lot of cases is worth a lot more then the people who frequent the game daily since persistence.

Lastly - Your mistaking a lot of what i would call balancing, for penalizing. If they give everyone a skill that 1 shots every mob in the game. And then realize *hey this is bad for the game .. we should fix this* And remove it to do 100 dmg, its not penalizing.
    SOTA needs to build around future players, not the players here. Anything and everything has to be looked at for players starting from release. This includes minimizing how easy one can get to end game, how to forumlate a functioning economy, and how to make it a fair and enjoyable experiance. The players currently here, are intended to be dilluted, and dmg done overall minimized.

* put in chests for people to find *

I do agree theres more they can do to make the current gaming experiance better. ( lots ) But the whole definition of what makes an artifact rare, is scarcity. If you make it common or easy for a new player to aquire one, then ill farm 50 of them. Their focuse needs to be the main mechanics in the game, not worrying about loot tables and such untill closer to release.

5. Canterbury

Canterbury Avatar

Just because a view differs to your own, doesn't make it less valid, or less constructive, per se. I see a lot of belittling of people and their opinions on this forum along those lines. When's enough going to be enough?

6. GraveDncer

GraveDncer Avatar

I don't think the answer was a longer spawn, I think a better answer is to make the deamon a wandering monster in the sewers. More challenge, less camp.

Last edited: Apr 12, 2017
    mass and Stundorn like this.
  7. Cind

Cind Avatar

It Will be a very long time before I can do it by myself. I will be in groups of at least 4 maybe more. We play until everyone get the loot one time so that will be at least 3 x 25 to wait, my thinking is when we get there hopefully the Daemon will be ready to go, then depending on how long it will take us to kill it. One session per night would be the most that I would do it. Then depending on the nest time would be if i can get in a group to fight it. I have yet to conquer any boss by myself and I have been playing since the game restarted. I am not bored with any of the bosses as there are many to go around. I hope that I answered your question for you.

8. Cind

Cind Avatar

LOL Does everyone think that I am this big PVP'er? I am very far from it. I love to play the game. I also love my non and PVP friends. I am for everyone enjoying themselves. Sorry, I suffer with Carpal Tunnel Disease and sometimes my answer may come off short, but it is not intended. I was just wondering what you were trying to tell me. I am sorry if you took it the wrong way.

Stundorn likes this.
  9. Cind

Cind Avatar

I guess that doesn't work so much then. I want to see the game prosper. How many new players do we have and how many are staying around. Does anyone know?

10. Cind

Cind Avatar

At MrBlight, I did not read all of your posting because from the beginning you got it all wrong. There were players that abused the system before, as it is well know. I believe that everyone that is in the game now is not abusing the game because they are still here. I think that I am kindly going to step out of this chat as I said what I have had to say. 25 minute respawn rate is too long of a time for me considering that I play with players that have children, go to work, go to church, etc. Thanks everyone, I should have also included a poll also. BTW, being in groups several times, I have gotten like 4 items. Maybe 2 bigger items which I am saving to build the necklace if I ever get all the pieces. Happy and Fun Playing Everyone.

Btw, If you ever see that I am fighing the Daemon with a group, you may want to whisper me and see if we have an opening in the group, if we do you are very welcome for an invite. I love playing in groups.

11. A'chelata

A'chelata Avatar

My guess would be :

1) Not Many
    2) Even Fewer

This game has a serious lack of fun and a double dose of grind with pinches of unnecessary complication sprinkled everywhere. We have thousands upon thousands of backers, and most of them aren't even excited enough by it to play now and are just waiting until 'release' to see if it somehow becomes better.

With serious flaws in the combat system, resource system, economy tanking, and newbies being outclassed into oblivion, my personal opinion doesn't lean towards a robust, steady influx of new players any time soon.

Read this fast, i'm sure it will be deleted for honesty only slightly faster than the nerfing of whatever is currently left as fun in this game.

Vaiden Luro, Dantuin and Canterbury like this.
  12. Ravicus Domdred

Ravicus Domdred Avatar

the game should not be dependent on community help. The game should give the players the ability to help but not use that ability as a crutch. Players will come and go, good players, bad players, dgaf players, but port should not rely on the community to retain new players, the game should entice them alone. There are 4 dif modes of play, and only one is MO. If a new player starts in any of the ones other than MO then what good is the community effort? I would further say that the people helping and giving handouts hinders the Ultima spirit actually. Sure it makes the community feel good but it leaves little for immersion and exploration for the new player if he is hand held. YMMV

13. Canterbury

Canterbury Avatar

As Grumpy suggested in his previous post, it wouldn't be many. Certainly nothing like what an average MMO does. You only need to log in and walk around. You don't see that many people.

Outside of doing that kind of practical experiment, Steam stats suggest very few are playing and while some here try and downplay that by saying very few users are on Steam, I find that ridiculous.

Many assume there will be a huge leap in players when the game goes live. I would expect to see a bounce, certainly, but if the game hasn't kept people's attention to date, will the bounce hold?

The Obsidian Eye and Grumpy like this.
  14. Barugon

Barugon Avatar

I would never say that someone's view is less valid simply because it's different from my own. Constantly declaring that the game is failing or that others have a bigger voice simply because they bought more goodies, however, is not constructive.

Lord Baldrith and Greyfox like this.
  15. MrBlight

MrBlight Avatar

What?
    You can choose to belive that people who *abused the system* are gone all you want, it doesnt make it true. Theres been very very few bans because the only thing that they could really BAN or punish for was Botting. In no way can / have they banned / punished people for using skills in broken ways. In no way could they have possibly said * hey the game is persistance now, please test the game but dont break anything! And dont try any/every scenario! *
    I see skills being used in goofy ways every time i play. Ive seen tricks / exploits that have been reported and been told they are intentional. Or been told that itll be fixed sometime in the future.
    Does this make the player garbage for using an efficient way to level that they found, after reporting it?

Hey hey ill even give an example!
    Earth elementals wernt hurting earth elementals. Meaning u could summon a level 1 earth ele in the silver room, gatehr all the elementals on it, and mine silver with no mobs hassling you for hours upon hours. This was reported day 1. It took them about 4 weeks to finnaly respond and say * this was intentional * ... and another 3 weeks to change their mind and say they were going to adjust it. Does that make every person who used earth eles to mine unhassled game abusers that should be punished? lol. Did you see bans for this *Exploit*?
    How can you possibly claim that people who did these kinds of things are no longer here. lol.

It goes hand in hand with the fact Ranged was broken and not registering arrows for 3 weeks. Its all part of Early access.

Anyways i responded to you about your random rant. If you choose to not read, then fine. But i think your missing a lot of long term issues with your *solutions and wants*

The Obsidian Eye likes this.
  16. Cind

Cind Avatar

MrBlight I am only going by what the game stated by saying that players would be banned. So if they turn a blind eye, I will too. It is not my responsiblity to state who I think abuses or doesn't abuse. I get tired of the accusations being leveled against players. If they did something wrong then something should be done to them. Bots yes, but harvesting something over and over imo doesn't qualify. If I am not mistaken wasn't this game marketed as a game that you could do almost anything that you wanted to do?

Yes, there are other issues that I am concerned about, but why should i have to wait 25 minutes for a boss to respawn when it is killed in groups by the majority of players?

Yes at times I do rant, because others seem to just overlook things. Or feel that it has been done in the past with different games so it has to be done that way. Some players can't see looking beyond the box that they are used to.

One thing that I would bet and that is that the Daemon is not getting hardly any company anymore. It is funny because we are encouraged to group together, but then they turn around and penalize you for being in a group such as making you
    wait 25 minutes in between kills. I am not an expert and I don't profess to be. I am just trying to get the Daemon changed back to the way it was before.

Arc likes this.
  17. Turk Key

Turk Key Avatar

Got 240 ore with crystals. Could have been higher if I did not concentrate on the gold. Pretty tiring though.

The Obsidian Eye likes this.
  18. Bahamut Arc

Bahamut Arc Avatar

You know how to prevent big farmers to abuse the system and casual players to enjoy the system? A Raid system. Thats right. A chest after the boss that drops 1-3 really cool items for players. And we can raid only once for weak. You can help kill the boss more than once, for sure, but you wont get any drops for you!
    Bahamut

Lady Cind and Darlok Brimstone like this.
  19. majoria70

majoria70 Avatar

And wouldn't it be lovely if the daemon was killed a larger, scarier evil creature spawned instead of the same old daemon that does the same old moves. Now if, since I do agree that we don't have enough to keep some of us occupied, ;) that Boss killing should be more exciting, more eventful. I do go on boss kills with friends and we have really a lot of fun, but still the bosses in this game are very predictable. Nothing like what we had in wow, which is where I did the most boss killing of any game. ;). You had to really think about what you were doing. The challenge was really exciting.

Also our bosses should really show the reason they are there at all, not just for something to do, but reason to kill. We see a little of this with the Cabalists, but still as with most things in this game Cabalists are Cabalists, there is nothing different in the battles against them, just the same old, same old. Smarter bosses would really be fantastic and when you kill them something changes and you know it. Another complaint is that you don't know you succeed at things. There is very little feedback and acknowledgement of things done. No ta-da or fireworks. I can picture epic Sea Serpent battles. Wow that would be amazing, just take away that each boss battle is exactly the same experience please.

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

Barugon and Lady Cind like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.