1. All post bodies concerning Shroud of the Avatar player to player transactions or services are limited to this section of the forums. Unwanted solicitation in other sections of the forums or via chat or private message is prohibited, and could result in account restriction or ban. Posting more than once per week within your own thread, "bumping" it to keep it on top, bumping within a week of the first post, and daily replacing a post with a new one is also considered spam and is therefore, prohibited. Bumping is allowed once per week, if the new post contains information that is meaningful to the original thread (i.e. price updates).

Activities that involve real money exchanges between players are not allowed. Account transfers are not supported. Items purchased in the SotA Store, such as Pledge and Bundle Rewards, Add-Ons, Stretch-Goal items, and Player Owned Towns, as well as services that can be immediately fulfilled in-game (such as renting existing in-game property or items) are the only permitted exchanges in the Player Marketplace.

Be sure to include the types of payment accepted in your post [In Game Gold, COTOs/Crowns, or in game item trade]

We will not restrict exchange of goods but we will not officially endorse these exchanges due to liability issues and staffing bandwidth. No in-game or chat based real money exchanges are allowed. Exchanges are at the players own risk and governed by the Terms of Service of whatever third party platform. Catnip Games reserves the right to restrict any activities if they cause widespread issues for our community or if these activities involve exploits of any kind.

Owl Sky City Market Now Open! Closest City to Owl's Head

Discussion in 'Vendor Locations & Misc Services' started by Jackdepirate, Apr 9, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jackdepirate

Jackdepirate Avatar

Ever wish you could sell your wares efficiently in or close to Owl's Head? Tired of paying public vendors to hopefully sell your expensive artifacts?

The guild of Owl, and the governor of Owl Sky City, are happy to present the grand opening of Owl Sky City Market. Anyone and everyone is now welcome to come and claim any lot.

Owl Sky City is a non PvP player owned metropolis sitting right beside Owl's Head with overland access. It is a prime location for vendor sales due to the traffic Owl's Head receives, and is already a city known among long time players. All blessings are conveniently placed and labeled at the entrance of the zone.

Vendors will be easy to find and to advertise, as every aisle is numbered, and every house will be numbered much like streets in the real world. A plain flat sign will be provided to all residents and a lot # will be given to them based on the lot they have decided to claim. (Just message me to get a free sign) No more having to give directions to your vendor! Simply advertise your location, (example: aisle 3 lot 9) and buyers will find your shop with ease.

This is also a city known for its arenas, and Sky Arena Tournaments. We currently have 3 different arenas built, each can play to different people's strengths and weaknesses. Anyone is welcome to host their own tournament out of any of the arenas built so far, or to simply come hang out and practice dueling at the arenas with your friends or guild mates.

Owl will also be hosting the Sky Arena tournaments again in the future.

If you have any comments, questions, concerns, or suggestions, feel free to ask me.

Eventually we're going to try and have a large lot with specialty vendors that any resident will be able to list their wares on.

Attached are just a few pictures of the city so you can get an idea of how we're set up, but we encourage you to come and take a tour to see for yourself.

The entrance to the city:
    [​IMG]

The devotions:
    [​IMG]

The view of the city from the Obsidian Tower Sky Arena:
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Apr 21, 2017
    Jade, Cream2, parallelogram and 13 others like this.
  2. Skyo

Skyo Avatar

Devotionals are quickly accessed in one of the highest traffic areas in the game.

Vendors are all grade A quality, fully stocked and frequently refreshed. All merchants are dedicated to a quality level unlike any other in the game.

Crafting pavilion is stocked with multiple merchant vendors and high end crafting stations that are easy to access.

Direct access to the overworld map with literally every commodity for every type of gamer.

By far the best zone in the game and to hear that they are opening it up April 16th is an opportunity to large to miss out on.

If you appreciate quality and are dedicated to the above then owl sky city is the place for you. If you can get a spot.

Jade, Fiero, parallelogram and 3 others like this.
  3. Jezebel Caerndow

Jezebel Caerndow Avatar

If the prices on stuff are good, I will be there, over and over, like a bad rash.

Jade, King Robert, Lord Rixus and 3 others like this.
  4. Cream2

Cream2 Avatar

Great layout, everything I need is in quick access from zone in. Great variety in vendor choices.

Lord Rixus and Jackdepirate like this.
  5. Fiero Steele

Fiero Steele Avatar

What Mac says goes for me too, where there are sales you will find Fiero! :)

Lord Rixus and Jackdepirate like this.
  6. Evilgamer

Evilgamer Avatar

All these glowing reviews are premature. They may reflect the state of the zone in a week. But they certainly don't now.

7. Jackdepirate

Jackdepirate Avatar

Come back and see once it's all up after Sunday when hopefully more people will have started claiming lots. :) I'm sure they're only speaking to the layout allowing accessibility to MANY (currently unclaimed) vendor locations.

8. Evilgamer

Evilgamer Avatar

I will, went back in there last night to see how it was progressing.
    Not a lot but I just chalked it up to procrastination for the Sunday date.

9. Jackdepirate

Jackdepirate Avatar

More of a lack of knowing what is still needed. 110 open lots left, and there's tons of space. So I need to see which way fills up first to see which way people are gonna tend to take traffic before I bother adding more space for homes. Deco is being kept to a minimum to help load times. So there's definitely not a whole lot of procrastination going on.

10. Evilgamer

Evilgamer Avatar

No it was more in the number/quality of vendors though the stark contrast if you go over one row too far is apparent

Like any mall you need some good anchor tenants.

11. Jackdepirate

Jackdepirate Avatar

I'd like to refer you to the very first post in this thread that states the city will be opening for public placement on Sunday. With that in mind I think your critique is a little early, as we don't have many residents at this point in time, clearly limiting the amount of vendors the city currently has. Just a few people and a couple different guilds were invited to place as the city was being developed. I'm sure it will grow after Sunday, and we will be more than happy to accommodate any person, or guild with lots that may not already be placed. :)

Bow Vale likes this.
  12. Evilgamer

Evilgamer Avatar

I bear no one involved Ill will same as the other market cities the idea of concentration of good vendors in one place is good. as I said I popped in there last night looking for things to buy.

Jackdepirate likes this.
  13. Jade

Jade Avatar

Looking forward to a great new vendoring area on Hidden Vale. As we move forward it would be great for OWL and EVL to have attractive vendors. We might draw new shoppers with the promise of stocked and varied vendors !!!! Yay for OWL!!!

Kaptain Kaveman and Jackdepirate like this.
  14. Skyo

Skyo Avatar

I'm there and I have some of the best vendors in the game. After talking to other power merchants they plan to move and take up residence now that we are open to the public.

You can't beat the location. The devotional placement for adventure's. Also those running the town are relentless gamers focused on every aspect of the town.

Best town currently in my opinion.

Jade likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.